Thread: OTAF Military RP ideas?

OTAF Military RP ideas?

Now that my org is starting to grow, I have been wondering what RP activities I can do with them. we have been doing patrols and a few scouting operations but if you guys can give me some other RP ideas to do that would be great.

Merry Christmas!
    Omni-AF

Oh! I've got one.

Mass surrender to the clans.

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Oh! I've got one.

Mass surrender to the clans.
    yeah, remember that one time Omni-Tek was willing to accept ex-clans back, no questions asked, with a clean slate?

Then they killed Phillip Ross?

anyways, I would say get involved with the BoD's and attend their monthly meetings, as always just RP.

Simple as that.

you might also check the current stories that are going on too and get involved with them.
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes is up to us.

Means, Game Director (2008-2011)

If theres anything i can help with just send me a message. (I RP Omni-Pol)
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Being the AF it does make combat based events your bread and butter. Not sayings that's all you'd do but...

Aside from shooting clans, OTAF would have a vested interest in shooting, Cyborgs, Aliens, Mutants, Rhino men, and most sentient humanoids on RK. Anything that might need the ol' corporate hammer dropped on.

Military is also used for security, protecting mobile targets, and stationary. Support roles like retrieving and repairing OT equipment, rescuing personnel in hostile territory, and running convoys.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Being the AF it does make combat based events your bread and butter. Not sayings that's all you'd do but...

Aside from shooting clans, OTAF would have a vested interest in shooting, Cyborgs, Aliens, Mutants, Rhino men, and most sentient humanoids on RK. Anything that might need the ol' corporate hammer dropped on.

Military is also used for security, protecting mobile targets, and stationary. Support roles like retrieving and repairing OT equipment, rescuing personnel in hostile territory, and running convoys.
    My last comment aside, you do bring up a good idea here. So what you could do is make up a story why you need to take out that Rhinoman camp. Say their leader -- that level 75 dynaboss in southwest Aegean, say, so you can have lowbie participation in the operation (have your highbies equip noob weapons if they're not afraid to have to re-twink, so they're not one hit killing things, or have them use low level alts, or something; keep it fun) -- is working the local Rhinomen up into an anti-OT mindset, and there have already been instances of them ambushing OT patrols or caravans or whatever.

You could even just take the skeleton story behind most of the dailies and bring an in-character group to help. Works better for some dailies than others I suppose, but the idea is to do whatever it is you've got to do in the normal course of gameplay in an in-character way. Doesn't really affect the overall RP scene, but it could be something to do.

What Kotts said, basically. Raids on anything the corporation doesn't agree with or protecting corporate property.

If you need any assistance writing and/or planning events or small storylines based on some of the things Kotts mentioned, I'll be back ingame and willing to help around the start of the new year.

If I had to spitball a little I would say:

1) Pick your division of Omni-AF. (GF, NF, EF)
    2) Pick what your Org's role is. Ground assault, Spec Ops, EWAR, etc.
    3) If GF, Send a Private Message to Robert Rosuma informing him who you are, what you do, and that you're waiting orders.
    4) Send an E-mail to ARK Events indicating a PM was sent to Rosuma.
    5) Wait 6 months for an answer.
    6) Create your own events based around your choices for 1 & 2.

If you can drop the answers to 1 & 2 here, we can try to get the think tank going for specific suggestions.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Thank you guys for all the help

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers
    1) Pick your division of Omni-AF. (GF, NF, EF)
    2) Pick what your Org's role is. Ground assault, Spec Ops, EWAR, etc.
    For number 1, we are definitely GF

as for number 2, I'm not entirely sure about that. we've kinda had a "jack of all trades" role.
    Omni-AF

OTAF Military RP ideas?

In South SWB, there is a Training Facility and I believe it also has a Parade grounds. This location would be good for conducting exercise events.

There are Clan targets all over the map, outside of cities, which would make excellent 'Strike and Hold Targets'. I know there is a comp NE of Newland City as well as the Outpost North of Tir on the way to ToTW. The Tir Temple would also be a good opportunity to do Propaganda work.

You can also conduct EWAR or fight EWAR. There was an event in the Past that I ran using NRPB (is NRPB still alive?) It involved a hacking attempt against Omni-Tek trying to penetrate the Insurance System. A pre-programmed bot entered NRPB with a timed script of systems failing and they continued to fail until a strike team was able to eliminate the hacker in Newland City. It was a lot of work, but it looks very neat when it went off.

Depending on how much you and the rest of the community care, be mindful of Neutral Rights. Respecting or Violating them can also create a lot of great RP Opportunity.

Just be sure to not allow yourself to get hung up on ARKs or ARK Support. Too many of us have fallen victim to ARK and it would be awful to have you join our ranks.

EDIT: Don't forget to actually alert ARK, though. If they know you're doing something they're more likely to show up if they're available. They cannot come if they do not know.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jan 12th, 2012 at 19:50:05.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||