Thread: Right Click anywhere on map - gets menu with "Set Waypoint Here" option

Thumbs up Right Click anywhere on map - gets menu with "Set Waypoint Here" option

Right Click anywhere on map - gets menu with "Set Waypoint Here" option
    second option should be "Copy Coordinates to clipboard"
    third option: "Toggle map(or zoom out)" - which is now done by simply right clicking
    anyone else thinks it's a good idea?
    Last edited by Techwiza; Mar 15th, 2012 at 09:04:09. Reason: added second and third options

Absolutely, it's a good idea. I'd also like to see a size toggle that goes from your chosen map dimensions to full screen view and then back.
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

that makes no sense what so ever. If you already know where it is that you're going to be heading then why would you need a way point in the first place. I would think the only way this would make sense is when telling another person where they should head on a certain PF if you're not personally in the location, but if you're in the location the shift f12 button gives coordinates and the /waypoint command makes the rest easy. Just saying I would rather funcom worked on coding important things, and not waste their resources on such trivial changes.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    that makes no sense what so ever. If you already know where it is that you're going to be heading then why would you need a way point in the first place. I would think the only way this would make sense is when telling another person where they should head on a certain PF if you're not personally in the location, but if you're in the location the shift f12 button gives coordinates and the /waypoint command makes the rest easy. Just saying I would rather funcom worked on coding important things, and not waste their resources on such trivial changes.
    this makes perfect sense when you want to get from point A in a zone to a very distant point B (by flying) and you don't want to correct your direction all the time while on the way, so having a nice yellow dot on compass to show you where you're going is great.

Coding this should be fairly easy and not time consuming for Funcom, it's just a lousy menu with 2-3 very (!) simple functions that a professional programmer can do in just a few minutes, honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Techwiza View Post
    Coding this should be fairly easy and not time consuming for Funcom, it's just a lousy menu with 2-3 very (!) simple functions that a professional programmer can do in just a few minutes, honestly.
    Honestly, that depends on the api the programmer has to work with. I don't know what tools the AO team uses, but it might not be as straightforward as you may think.

Although I agree that the idea is good.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

It also would be cool if you're team mates would be show up with a green dot on your map!

Be very useful in tower wars as well, sometimes you dont get the cords in time and running around with ur map covering = easy gank..

bump for good idea!

I support this idea.

good idea! friendly bump

NOT supporting this idea is just plain bad taste trolling.

3 thumbs up, because i'm a mutant

Also, a ability to post your own chords via a click, which produces a link with sets a waypoint to your position when other click it. That would be cool.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.