Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Farmers, and farming.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    the devs did a one-two punch really.

1. remove bounties

A few years back i had my fun in that place, and eventually moved on and never went back except to get ICE now and then. I think i spent far more credits on s10 toons than i ever made back, but it was something to do, and it was a culture in and of itself that had a rather large economy based around it. Had bounties been something else that were tradable, and used in a useful tradeskill of some kind instead of being a credit seed, they would still be there and s10 would still be alive and well. just up and removing them shows no imagination, or care on the devs part to keep those people who utilize that playfield interested.

2. init cap removal

many end game instances were easily done with 2 toons, even duel logged. the same was for dreadlochs. with the right combination, and the right setup, you could legitimately complete endgame encounters without any tricks or cheating, figuring it out was as exhilarating as twinking. spending months and years to level toons to 220, and get all the right gear, and figure out just the right setup to make it all happen; its magic I tell ya.

Again, this was a culture in and of itself, that had a rather large economy under it. those that liked to buy their endgame stuff had the ability to do so. I personally never farmed Pande, as that was one place I enjoyed doing raids in, so I know what OP is referring to when he is calling farmers sploiters... Pande farmers certainly were. but, the init cap removal made a number of encounters impossible unless triple logged, and made the instances still doable with 2 toons more difficult. all the casual farmers of these instances are gone from what i can tell, and the hardcore ones along with them. Alappa is still doable, but that's boring as all get out. its decent credits, but better done in teams. db2 is still dual log-able, but i will scratch my eyes out if I set foot in there again, and albatraum is still dual log-able, but insanely difficult if one is not prepared. The result of the init cap removal is yet another sub-culture of the game torn out by the roots and left to dry in the sun. 95% of players go "I didn't notice any changes," and thats how a game slowly dies:

like a loaf of bread, it goes one slice at a time, until your left with a couple pieces.
    Excellent post.

I sometimes get the feeling that Game Directors live in a vacuum. I can understand how they may think an aspect of the game isnt meant to be like this its meant to be like that. But they seem to take no account of circumstances and consequences.

Changing what people have got used to is bad. Its bad because it p****s people off.

Nobody signs up to a game because of such a change, but some people sign off. When the game is suffering from low population, it just amazes me that such changes are made. It is the death of a thousand cuts.

I picture a Game Director looking over the game after years of changes, smiling happily that at last everything is the way it is supposed to be, then saying "WTF where did the players go?"
    stuff

Both Bubba and Soap are right on this.

Regarding s10, it was an insanely good way of making cash. While bounties were nice enough, the main cash I got out of there was through the PBs. Before the PBs it was the bounties since most of time the bosses were fixer chew toys.

While everybody was screaming that it is not right for a tl4-5 PF to be more lucrative than TL6-7 playfields, I was both agreeing and disagreeing with them. They were right about this, but everybody was in such a rage that they were looking at it the wrong way. S10 being such a nice PF compared to TL6-7 only stressed how poorly designed TL6-7 some content was and still is.

S10 didn't have to be hit hard with the nerf hammer, some small scale adjustments should have been enough: cut bounties drop rates by 70% and double relay drops.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

So ultimately what is the suggestion that Bubba is making (This is the Game Suggestions area)? I've read the thread/OP a few times and can't figure it out.

Bubba states that he's not suggesting to put S10 back... but that S10 should be made to feel like an asset to the game. What is the suggestion for doing this?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Jan 10th, 2012 at 14:57:27.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    What Jill said is true, but I don't think it is a problem. That is precisely one of the tings I like about AO, you just don't get things automatically as you level, you actually have to decide what you want, and play to get it. I find it so boring when you get all the stuff and money you need just by by doing leveling content.

This for sure will not please a lot of new players. But I think it is one of the things that make AO special, and I would not want to see AO's spirit completely changed just to potentially please the crowd.
    If someone asks me why I play AO, I give them 2 reasons everytime: My org which is phenomenal/the community and the twinking/character customization. I would never say "I play AO because I get to grind out money, levels, weapons, armor and I find that to be fun.. hooray."

I don't think adding in quest lines that give armor/weapons/gear or even just putting these things as an added quest reward in things like the daily missions, SL missons and such would change what I love about the game. As long as you leave the other farm options in, people will still have the ability to customize their characters with special items that other people may or may not have... the difference being you can go out there and get things because you really want to.. not because there is no other option but to go farm the same dyna over and over again until the gun you need drops.

MMO's are supposed to be fun... they're entertainment for us. Sometimes AO, for me, can feel like work. This is obviously my own fault as I choose to play the game the way I play it.. but I do play other MMO's that legitimately entertain me without the nasty aftertaste. Funcom could do a few small things in AO that would make a big difference.. they simply choose not to or they're dragging their feet on pushing out the things that matter while adding in nonsense crap that is the flavor of the month and then dropped (i.e. DB3 and Gauntlet).
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Bubba states that he's not suggesting to put S10 back... but that S10 should be made to feel like an asset to the game. What is the suggestion for doing this?
    Ultimately a statement of defense. The former reward system in s10 was definitely a lucrative one. As possible solutions; That could have been toned down instead of completely removed. CRU and perhaps bounties (or one and not the other) could have been rewards for repeatable quests instead. The hub is also so large in the opening, you can add new bits to it over time. In some SL zones, we already have places like albatraum which are just expansion bits to the main zones. s10 could function similarly, with even more then one gate. It works in Neretva, and that zone is much larger.

If altering the PF was just one step back for a step forward, that would even be acceptable.

However, in its current status its sort of a buzzkill. The zone has lost the luster of being one of the more populated hubs. To your average gamer in AO, it might as well no longer exist because its not longer considered necessary to even know that zone exists anymore, for older or newer players. Its still farmable to a degree, but why bother to stop there and spend time/money/effort into a dedicated toon for it? Why stop at 150 to be a s10 twink, when the incentive is largely diminished?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Limiting the number of bounties you can return to 3 or 5 or somthing would have been easy fix ... and a good one.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    Limiting the number of bounties you can return to 3 or 5 or somthing would have been easy fix ... and a good one.
    A good solution. These missions could also have lockouts as a bargaining chip towards developers limiting the growth. Take the guy in Tir for example;

The daily CRU mission has a 25% nodrop. That's a bit outdated. You can move that guy down the s10, have 1 or 3 more NPC's and make them each 100% (maybe 2 of them could be yesdrop?) with lockouts on the associated quests. No major cause for inflation, CRU is still divvied out to folks. You can take this idea as a design mould around others.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    I sometimes get the feeling that Game Directors live in a vacuum. I can understand how they may think an aspect of the game isnt meant to be like this its meant to be like that. But they seem to take no account of circumstances and consequences.
    this is likely the consequence of a small development team. I mean its only speculation, and ultimately the final decisions rest on the game director, but I'm guessing that a much larger development team would produce a broader range of input and ideas, and the end result would satisfy more players. A think-tank of 8 people will likely be less compromising and broad-thinking then a think-tank of 80 people, both in direction and what can ultimately be accomplished in a reasonable time-frame and budget.

That's assuming of course the game direction isn't based on one person's vision of the game, but instead from input of the whole team, writers, staff etc.. and the playerbase. the evidence of what direction the game has taken over many years doesn't shine favourably on the assumption.
    Last edited by SoapTarder; Jan 10th, 2012 at 20:19:28. Reason: missed a thought
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    This is what happens when the people in charge stop playing their own game and take their direction from a small subset of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    If someone asks me why I play AO, I give them 2 reasons everytime: My org which is phenomenal/the community and the twinking/character customization. I would never say "I play AO because I get to grind out money, levels, weapons, armor and I find that to be fun.. hooray."
    Im on disagreement with you and drainbamage here. Games that offer all the stuff you need as you level seems very boring to me. The argument that "you have to grind to grind" seems poorly thought of. What would not be a grind then? I can surely agree that killing 500 hecks in a row is a grind. Killing 100 hecks, then doing DR, then doing an AI daily and perhaps a city raid, or any variation of activities does not seem like a grind. If leveling in this game became doing a bunch of quests, and getting your gear was the same way, there would be less variety in this game, and it would be a huge waste of resources to make all of these quests. Doing 100 quests over and over on multiple characters is just as much of a grind as hecklers.

Having leveling separate from gearing is nice because it gives you something else to do, and being more patient with your levels will make you more powerful. Im glad the concept of "heck-noob" exists and that you have to work to be good. Make leveling and gearing the same, and its just more of a race to 220.

Also, the xan civilization quests are good for gearing and leveling. A few more of these (toned down in difficulty) would be a good addition to the game. It can provide a boost to leveling, but not ultimately take over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    Im on disagreement with you and drainbamage here. Games that offer all the stuff you need as you level seems very boring to me. The argument that "you have to grind to grind" seems poorly thought of. What would not be a grind then? I can surely agree that killing 500 hecks in a row is a grind. Killing 100 hecks, then doing DR, then doing an AI daily and perhaps a city raid, or any variation of activities does not seem like a grind.
    Killing 100 hecklers in a row is definitely a grind. Killing 500 hecklers in a row is a sign of mental illness.
    If leveling in this game became doing a bunch of quests, and getting your gear was the same way, there would be less variety in this game, and it would be a huge waste of resources to make all of these quests. Doing 100 quests over and over on multiple characters is just as much of a grind as hecklers.
    The difference is that quests provide
    - Lore/backstory
    - Varied tasks
    - Places to go and things to see
    - Material rewards
    Additionally, they aren't solely based on killing efficiency, so lower damage/survivability professions aren't at as much of a disadvantage as they would be grinding, especially solo grinding.

Also, if there are actually enough quests available, you point about doing 100 quests over and over on multiple characters doesn't even apply. Leveling in WoW, you can have two, possibly even three characters level up in entirely different chains of questing/zone progression up until the 80+ content.

And finally, even if you could go from 1 to 220 from questing, grinding would still be available for the deranged individuals who find it fun. So you can punch hecklers and farm city raids all you want.
    Last edited by drainbamage; Jan 11th, 2012 at 05:09:28.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    Killing 100 hecklers in a row is definitely a grind. Killing 500 hecklers in a row is a sign of mental illness.
    pssshhh thats just a true ao player!
    The difference is that quests provide
    - Lore/backstory
    - Varied tasks
    - Places to go and things to see
    - Material rewards
    Additionally, they aren't solely based on killing efficiency, so lower damage/survivability professions aren't at as much of a disadvantage as they would be grinding, especially solo grinding.
    The xan civilization quests do a good job of this, revamping them for more material rewards, making them more soloable would be good changes. But if you have to always do quests then your just grinding quests. I loved doing the xan quests my first time, but after my 5th time, its just finding the most efficient way to do it and getting it done as fast as possible, its become a grind.

Also, if there are actually enough quests available, you point about doing 100 quests over and over on multiple characters doesn't even apply. Leveling in WoW, you can have two, possibly even three characters level up in entirely different chains of questing/zone progression up until the 80+ content.
    True, but WoW is game (afaik) that had developed this type of progression system from the beginning. But you would need sooo many quests. I mean how much time can the devs really put into making a bunch of new quest chains? And AO is different in most quest-based leveling games in the sense that you can have TONS of alts in AO. Give me 10+ different questlines that get me to 220 then sure, but how practical is that?

And finally, even if you could go from 1 to 220 from questing, grinding would still be available for the deranged individuals who find it fun. So you can punch hecklers and farm city raids all you want.
    One of them is going to give better xp. I wouldn't grind if every quest was like the SL ones, those give some seriously good xp. Noone would except for nostalgic purposes.

A quest leveling system would probably benefit AO, It would be fun on your first toon, and its on your first real toon that you fall for this game. A quest-gearing system on the otherhand is different. It simplifies AO. All you have to do are these quests over and over, theres no need to work on your character as you level, just level. Thats fun for some people, thats why they play other games. I have nothing against quest-based-leveling systems, I just find the games where quests give you everything are boring, and against what AO is. Quest-based systems being implemented 10 years after launch also seems impractical... the closest AO could go in this direction is making the SL quest soloable for the appropraite level ranges, and perhaps adding a few instances like dark ruins here and there.

Oh but my main point was that everything in an MMO can be looked at as a grind. It can also be looked at as playing the game. If you look at it as a grind its partially your fault. As far as I can tell grinds are inevitable in MMORPGs

pssshhh thats just a true ao player!
    I guess that explains the population decline then, people are dying of blood clots they got from sitting in their chairs for 6 hours straight killing hecklers.
    The xan civilization quests do a good job of this, revamping them for more material rewards, making them more soloable would be good changes. But if you have to always do quests then your just grinding quests. I loved doing the xan quests my first time, but after my 5th time, its just finding the most efficient way to do it and getting it done as fast as possible, its become a grind.
    Again, nobody ever said you have to just do quests. There would be nothing stopping you from running around and killing mobs for XP, or going to a dungeon, or whatever. The difference would be you don't have to run around killing mobs for XP if you don't want to.
    True, but WoW is game (afaik) that had developed this type of progression system from the beginning. But you would need sooo many quests. I mean how much time can the devs really put into making a bunch of new quest chains? And AO is different in most quest-based leveling games in the sense that you can have TONS of alts in AO. Give me 10+ different questlines that get me to 220 then sure, but how practical is that?
    While it's true that AO is at a disadvantage, since it was never originally meant to be based on quests, that still doesn't mean they can't start working on them. I'm going to assume that FC has some kind of relatively straightforward system in place for making quests (and if they don't, they should create one), at which point all you need is some time and some QA. Assets are easily reused - AO has plenty of empty zones just begging for content.
    One of them is going to give better xp. I wouldn't grind if every quest was like the SL ones, those give some seriously good xp. Noone would except for nostalgic purposes.
    So wait, if the only reason you do grinding is because it gives more XP, then what would be the difference? To you it's just a different grind (and by your own admission you think grinding is inevitable/intrinsic to MMOs), but for many other players, quests would make the leveling process much more tolerable.
    A quest leveling system would probably benefit AO, It would be fun on your first toon, and its on your first real toon that you fall for this game. A quest-gearing system on the otherhand is different. It simplifies AO. All you have to do are these quests over and over, theres no need to work on your character as you level, just level. Thats fun for some people, thats why they play other games. I have nothing against quest-based-leveling systems, I just find the games where quests give you everything are boring, and against what AO is. Quest-based systems being implemented 10 years after launch also seems impractical... the closest AO could go in this direction is making the SL quest soloable for the appropraite level ranges, and perhaps adding a few instances like dark ruins here and there.
    You seem to be under the mistaken idea that gear from quests would be top-of-the-line. It wouldn't. The whole point of quest gear would be that a player could get a decent PVM-oriented setup going without having to farm credits or putz around in dungeons looking for that one drop that is far too vital to their progression (CDR?).

Imagine if you could get, say, a NODROP JAME blaster, at a level where it's still very useful, with 25-50 less min and 50-100 less max damage by doing a quest/quest chain. You'd have a nice little weapon that would last you a couple of dozen levels (at which point, presumably, you'd get a new quest weapon). The original would still be available for people who want to maximize their performance at a given level.
    Oh but my main point was that everything in an MMO can be looked at as a grind. It can also be looked at as playing the game. If you look at it as a grind its partially your fault. As far as I can tell grinds are inevitable in MMORPGs
    As the song goes, the times, they are a-changin. As the MMO market grows there are increasingly more and more people who don't feel that way, and fewer and fewer of the "old guard" around - and even they have largely moved on to newer games, for whatever reasons. Hell, a significant amount of my WoW raiding guild is ex-EQ players, and despite their fond memories of that game, they'd never go back.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

woops. I twisted my self on some word definitions. Sometimes grinding meant doing a process repeatedly, other times it was more specific, as in killing mobs over and over. Its just not like AO to include such rewards. That jame blaster would basically suck to be honest, and then the players who want to put time in their toons get this crappy reward from a quest because their weapon is way better. Yeah it was just an example, but if the rewards are just some slightly-better-than-trash loot then whats the point of doing the quests for players who work on their toons as they level. If the weapons are almost equivalent to the best, then whats the point of working on your toon?

Id rather see this game die than fall to the model that so many MMOs go by now. There are plenty of games with quest based content, if thats what someone wants, they simply shouldnt play AO. AO shouldnt be made to accomodate with every player.

This could be a decent way to level (and is not far off what we currently have):
    1-8 : starter experience
    8-13: Spirit mobs
    13-20: Hiathlins
    20-30: crippler cave
    30-45: Nascence quests (havnt done these, but if they done give a reward similar to this, they should.) Throw in a fancy hud/utils item because there are very little of these at this level.
    45-60: A mixture of ely mobs, nasc hecks, statics etc.
    60-100: Mortiigs or borgs are good here, this is sort of a dead zone, perhaps introduce an ely instance that could get 10 of these levels in quests, and more as dailies. Ely quests give a chunk of xp and could be done at this level range.
    100-120: Ely hecks, the 100-150 levels is a dead zone as well. Perhaps a scheol instance like the ely/ado ones. (instance would go up to 149)
    120-130: scheol quests should be toned down a bit and give better rewards. More of the scheol instancing, hecklering if necessary etc.
    130-160: Revamp Ado missions. Make rewards of all SL missions 5% of a level for highest possible level of a roller. 5% is the current system, but is based on the rollers level (which is why we always want a 220 roller for inf) There is also dark ruins and ado hecks to mix it up.
    160-165: Ado quest should be made soloable by a 160. That can grant these 5 levels
    165-180: Still have dark ruins, pen missions which would also be revamped, ado hecks still
    180-190: Pen quest should be soloable by a level 180. Alapaa should have a solo version of the instance that serves no purpose other than cheap xp and completing the pen quest line.
    190-200: team Alaapaa should give xp rewards on their missions. The xp rewards would be locked to 190+, but the loot would still be obtainable. Alaapaa should be toned down a bit so a team of 190-200s can take it down.
    200-220: Pen missions are an option till 210, inf is better. At some point alapaa stop giving xp rewards. Alb doesnt really need a revamp. Basically it would be inf until 220, doing some raids on the way for gear.

Teaming ranges would have to be reworked. Or simply have a requirement on the missions (cant roll with a teammate under 200 for inf missions). Just an example i made out of boredom. There isnt a ton of simply killing mobs over and over. Some good options on the level ranges. RK could be included somehow as well. There would be breaking points like s10 and s7 where you would try to make money....

Id rather see this game die than fall to the model that so many MMOs go by now. There are plenty of games with quest based content, if thats what someone wants, they simply shouldnt play AO. AO shouldnt be made to accomodate with every player.
    I can't tell whether this is an accidental troll, or whether you unearthed Funcom's secret philosophy on MMO business models. either way, I had a good chuckle (not in a mocking way either).
    wtf happened to my avatars eyebrows?

I used to listen to Dubstep in the 90's... every time I connected to the internet.

woops. I twisted my self on some word definitions. Sometimes grinding meant doing a process repeatedly, other times it was more specific, as in killing mobs over and over. Its just not like AO to include such rewards. That jame blaster would basically suck to be honest, and then the players who want to put time in their toons get this crappy reward from a quest because their weapon is way better. Yeah it was just an example, but if the rewards are just some slightly-better-than-trash loot then whats the point of doing the quests for players who work on their toons as they level.
    The point is that everyone will be able to work on their toons as they level without having to do boring side-grinds.
    If the weapons are almost equivalent to the best, then whats the point of working on your toon?
    To be the best. Twinking is certainly not going to die because some guy who isn't even staying at a certain level/TL/PVP range gets a weapon that's 10-20% worse than the one you have.
    That you would think this shows you care less about the actual game and more about your ivory-tower ideal of "What AO Should Be(tm)". I have yet to see a solid argument on how adding more quests and making the leveling process smoother would be a bad thing, only vague claims that it would somehow "dumb the game down" or "turn it into WoW".
    This could be a decent way to level (and is not far off what we currently have):
    That's almost exactly how leveling is right now, and it sucks. It sucks so much that I have zero desire to roll another alt (or renew my subscription) until it changes.
    Teaming ranges would have to be reworked. Or simply have a requirement on the missions (cant roll with a teammate under 200 for inf missions). Just an example i made out of boredom. There isnt a ton of simply killing mobs over and over. Some good options on the level ranges. RK could be included somehow as well. There would be breaking points like s10 and s7 where you would try to make money....
    Why exactly should there be "breaking points" where you have to try to make money (presumably because they are abnormally profitable compared to the rest of the game)? What does that even accomplish, other than encouraging farming?

Sadly, it appears very likely that you will get your wish.

The point is that everyone will be able to work on their toons as they level without having to do boring side-grinds.
    Theyre boring to some, not so to others. There is no universal bore to everyone. AO is this type of game. If you dont like it then dont play. There are plenty of other games closer to the leveling system you would prefer. Play those just like you probably are right now. It would be better to have variety in the MMO world than simply different themes that all accommodate to your preferences.
    To be the best. Twinking is certainly not going to die because some guy who isn't even staying at a certain level/TL/PVP range gets a weapon that's 10-20% worse than the one you have.
    Agreed twinking would still be around. But my point was gearing as you level up. Toons you level up arent the most hardcore twinks, but you have to put a little effort into them. This makes being decent for your level require no effort, or leveling require no effort. The current state is gearing and leveling are two different aspects of this games, I view it as removing half of the content rather than halving each side. (If you do not understand that sentence then dont try to argue against it. Only applicable depending on your counter argument to the sentence before.)
    That you would think this shows you care less about the actual game and more about your ivory-tower ideal of "What AO Should Be(tm)". I have yet to see a solid argument on how adding more quests and making the leveling process smoother would be a bad thing, only vague claims that it would somehow "dumb the game down" or "turn it into WoW".
    If AO became a sci-fi WoW then it would be dead to me and lots of people. I would just rather it not exist at that point than put into the huge pile of MMOs with nearly identical systems. That said, I am not saying adding quests here and there will make AO into WoW. Being able to obtain all the gear you need, even if slightly downgraded from the "best", would push it more towards the model that WoW is built on. This model is unappealing to some players and is not the AO I have learned to love.
    That's almost exactly how leveling is right now, and it sucks. It sucks so much that I have zero desire to roll another alt (or renew my subscription) until it changes.
    In your opinion. I actually dont mind the leveling system right now. The part I really dislike is 80-140. How many alts did you have? I find it fun doing things here and there on several alts. I don't really care if you quit because the leveling system isn't just the way you want it. It doesn't even help your argument. I'm glad you dont pay for a game you hate I suppose, and I hope you find a game that you like.

Furthermore, I proposed many additions and fixes to the games current content that people have been asking for years. Pen is dead but was once thriving. Perhaps due to population decline, but I am sure that a 40m xp reward on pen missions would surely entice players between 160-200 to do them. Its hard to get inf teams because everyone will only do them with the highest possible xp intake. Removing the need of a 220 roller would increase how many inf teams run. The ado quest is impossible to solo at the appropriate level one could use the symb. Even when some ado mobs are grey, a player wont solo the whole thing. Team content is good, but requiring teams for a specific, and very long quest seems ill thought of to me. This, and other questlines like it, should be soloable by a more appropriate level range. Making these quests soloable means you can get some quick levels out of it. Dark ruins is a terrific instance, It starts off as a solo quest, and after completion you can them farm it solo each day for a doja, or get some friends together and get a good chunk of xp each day. Adding more instances like this across SL would grant more opportunities for leveling.

Readjusting quests and adding instances like these will yield results very similar to adding a few quests. We have a quest that people cant do, make it doable, now they have a quest to do.

Why exactly should there be "breaking points" where you have to try to make money (presumably because they are abnormally profitable compared to the rest of the game)? What does that even accomplish, other than encouraging farming?
    Sector 10 was a fabulous place in my opinion. Might have been economy breaking, but as i leveled up my toons, I didnt really see anything wrong with the economy. There should be breaking points, because as someone else said in another thread (oh wait was that this thread? haha), it gives us a reason to not just rush to 220. There are some people who never bothered with sector 10, there were some who lived by it. I was in between. As I was leveling up my shade, I stopped at 150, made enough money for some items such as better spirits, blood soaked cloak, and slippers. It wasnt a horrible farm, and I found it fun with some friends. Back when battlestation ran constantly, I took a break on my fixer at 174 and did plenty of battle station. I don't like PvP, but I sure enjoyed running from trouble and annoying some people with my toolset I never said these breaking points had to be for money making. Abnormally profitable is an immeasurable quantity. Doing things other than questing or killing monsters or doing missions over and over is fun.

aww man I wasted too much time on this

Sorry, but so far s10 only showed how broken other ranges were in terms of being able to farm some stuff for your character.

The fact that everyone and his dog had/has an s10 dedicated so he/she/it could provide funds for the tl7 toon proves my point.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Sorry, but so far s10 only showed how broken other ranges were in terms of being able to farm some stuff for your character.

The fact that everyone and his dog had/has an s10 dedicated so he/she/it could provide funds for the tl7 toon proves my point.
    You're statement is just plain wrong. Its not one of opinion and I can refute it. Ive never used s10 as a source to fund my tl7 toons. There, I have proven you wrong.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast