Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Farmers, and farming.

Interesting discussion here, so my few cents:
    As was said, in other games the player is rewarded through normal play with xp, gold, items (both yesdrop/nodrop). AO problem is that only xp is the reward. To get credits/items player have to do things commonly named as grind.
    For example: new player finish the introduction isle, land on Rubi-ka with few thousands credits (if he even know that there is vendor machine on isle and use it). Then he enter the shop and realize that even basic level 10 implants cost tens of thousands credits. He try to roll a mish for 300 credits reward ... When I started in 2005 as froob, my soldier could buy a yalmaha for 4.5m credits on level 70, not enough credits before! Leveling in SL would be even worse, no credits at all. So for levelling character without credits from highlevel main is farming the only way to have atleast some equipment.
    Personally I've got nothing against grind/farm. Problem is that there's almost nothing left in AO worth farming. It's the problem for 220 - most equip is nodrop, everything up to inferno is obsolete, solo play doesn't exist. The only real cash cow on this level is aicity solo farming, but droprate of bots is abyssmal, every other loot is nodrop and/or obsolete and overall it's most boring thing to do in AO. So if you look for reason why so many players got a sec10 twink, here it is (and I know they're obsolete now w/o bounties).
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

This problem started in the Shadowlands

more specifically in the Tier3 armor sets, beeing the endgame armor of it's time, the result was nodrop, but people milked credz of the glyphs, and FC made the components drop inferno dungeon (wich no one would adventure on it because it was too difficult) and random pande mobs.

I for one, think that endgame armor content such as armor should come from an specific source, beeing a boss such as beast or a line of bosses FROM A RAID, if an armor has different components to assemble it should all be nodrop.

People shouldn't make money from absolute endgame content AT ALL, people should work to acquire it by raiding and actually killing stuff in a group, not sitting retardly SOLO FARMING a the damn city.

I'll allways support the idea.

Make AI Bots QL 240+ drop from from APF sectors of it's correspondent lvl, make them NODROP and remove the need of TS skills requirement to combined the bot with the end result of the Basic Armor TS (wich should still be TSable).

If you dont like the NODROP idea, alteast make one single random 240+ bot drop from APF's so it wold atleast bring greedy people and credit farmers to run the damn thing in groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigister View Post
    Its perfectly ok to have groups on the kite hill sitting from 60 to 160 so they can just enter inferno.
    Yes, it's ok and it's their choice. It becomes a problem when it prevents others from playing the game. Otherwise, if they want to sit on kitehill, watch TV while someone nukes the hecks, it's their choice.

Its ok to sell raid items to people that dindt attend the raid, or just roll to loot on an alt.
    Yes, it's ok to sell lootrights. You want to look at this from a moral point of view... It's a frigging game!!!!!!!!

Also, it's more than fine to loot on an alt. Why shouldn't this be fine taking into account how the loot mechanics work in AO?

Its also ok to have 2 or 3 accs logged at the same time.
    Yes, why not? It's their choice to be dual-logged and it's their choice to play the game as such. As long as they don't prevent you from playing the game, why should it bother you?

Otherwise, bitter much?

I like how some people are looking into imposing "orthodox" game play in a game where you can choose what to do and when to do it.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Ok, unlike you, i will elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Yes, it's ok and it's their choice. It becomes a problem when it prevents others from playing the game. Otherwise, if they want to sit on kitehill, watch TV while someone nukes the hecks, it's their choice.
    It's not about the choice about doing or not doing something, even tho it doesnt hurt the EULA on unatended gameplay, it's quite close. And not only that, it kills the possibility of funcom adding mid lvl content simply because they know people won't make use of it.

It's sort of ironic when people bitch that there's no constant mid lvl content on the game, when those same people just rather sit on a kite hill farming levels.

Due to this kind of stupid thinking, FC will now sell levels on the item store, instead of actually making the game better they will milk the idiots that just rather have their easy way.

Scheol, adonis and penumbra are there for a reason, they should be used, explored, people should learn their profession and enjoy the game in every aspect, and the kite hill pretty much kills the game from lvl 50 to lvl 160.

This game was alive once, fun to play, hell, it was even more fun to kill a heckler course for 6 hours in a row, now it's pathetic how it has been played lately.

Yes, it's ok to sell lootrights. You want to look at this from a moral point of view... It's a frigging game!!!!!!!!

Also, it's more than fine to loot on an alt. Why shouldn't this be fine taking into account how the loot mechanics work in AO?
    THe loot mechanics in this game are more than wrong, it's outrageous to loot something from something that you didn't kill, even more when you didn't even participate on killing in the selling LR case.

This practice will just feed the problem above, the ely kiting crap, and the bull speech of (people will only bring their toons if they can loot with their alts) is crap, ive raided countless times having everything and not needing anything, just because i was asked to go.

Besides, forbidding this practive would give more incentive for people to lvl up and actually bringing their ass to a raid.

Yes, why not? It's their choice to be dual-logged and it's their choice to play the game as such. As long as they don't prevent you from playing the game, why should it bother you?
    It's not a matter of choice, it simply shouldn't be possible, again, FC is just making easier an already easy game, and this is another thing that completely kills the whole purpose of massively online MULTIPLAYER game.

Otherwise, bitter much?
    Yes, i'm bitter, i play this game for 11 years, i've PLAYED the game, it took me over a year to get my first 200 toon, i had to kill penumbra and adonis hecklers from 218-220 and it was the most good time i had. I've raided pandemonium with 90+ people with both factions at the same time, tabbing targets was AWESOME, i've raided AI cities with 4/5 different orgs with a zerg that had my PC shutdown multuple times, and again, IT WAS AWESOME.

And people like you, who rather sit your ass on the kite hil, farm for credits or sell loot rights are killing what's left of this game for me, and i'm sure i'm not alone in this, ofcourse, it's not only your fault, the low game population just contributes as much for that, because now, if FC changes and make it how it usued to be, people like you will leave the game and we may not have an AO to play anymore.

I like how some people are looking into imposing "orthodox" game play in a game where you can choose what to do and when to do it.
    This game once functioned how it was supposed to, even tho there was the possibility to do all those things, people just just had more fun doing how it was supposed to be done. People didn't buy BoCs, people raided a whole year to get one, and again to get on their alts.

If you consider fun how the game is beeing played today i feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Apr 4th, 2012 at 01:39:48. Reason: removed obscenities

i had to kill penumbra and adonis hecklers from 218-220 and it was the most good time i had..
    have fun grinding out research 10's off ado hecks. if you need me i'll be dragging my alt through inf easies on /follow.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Apr 4th, 2012 at 01:40:38.

Although multi-logging allows many problems (imo) such as "raid-farming" to be possible, It is still an aspect of AO I adore. It allows a lot more flexibility in how you play, and for FC, it gives us a reason to give them more money! I wouldn't pay for three accounts if I could only play 1 toon at a time.

That said, I merely see dual logging as a... catalyst of sorts for some of the endgame problems. Dual logging makes selling lootrights easier, (as many people can "solo" instances), but it still doesnt take into account how overpowered docs/crats/enfos/solds are and how little is needed in pvm from most professions.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

<stuff>
    You know, I agree with you that these things are bad, but I think you are missing the forest for the trees.

These problems did not just come about for no reason; they are a reaction to the way the game was (and is). To put it simply, the "proper" way to play the game sucks.

People powerlevel because normal leveling is boring as hell. Punching rocks for hours while watching a yellow bar slowly fill up is not fun unless you are sick in the brain.
    People buy lootrights because most of the endgame content is so old and stale you could cut your gums on it. I mean christ, how many years has Pande been "endgame"? Why does FC continue to insist on making us farm that fat piece of garbage for eternity? No wonder people buy BoCs.
    People dual log because it's gotten simpler to just do things by yourself rather than try to find someone else (who may or may not be totally incompetent) as the population continues to shrink and apathy (due to the above two reasons) continues to grow.

Fix those underlying problems, the real problems, and the symptoms will fade away.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

This practice will just feed the problem above, the ely kiting crap, and the speech of (people will only bring their toons if they can loot with their alts) is crap, ive raided countless times having everything and not needing anything, just because i was asked to go.

Besides, forbidding this practive would give more incentive for people to lvl up and actually bringing their ass to a raid.

It's not a matter of choice, it simply shouldn't be possible, again, FC is just making easier an already easy game, and this is another thing that completely kills the whole purpose of massively online MULTIPLAYER game.

This game once functioned how it was supposed to, even tho there was the possibility to do all those things, people just just had more fun doing how it was supposed to be done.
    If you consider fun how the game is beeing played today i feel sorry for you.
    This almost made me laugh untill I wet my pants if it wasn't so self righteous and sad.

What you fail to realize is people have ALWAYS kited/pocketed. You just weren't in the cool crowd to even know about it. You were to busy running up and down the brink "FARMING" hecklers.
    What a joke the "proper" way to play, the proper way is for people to play how they want for what they pay for. No one is telling you to join kite teams or pockets, if you prefer to do hecklers all day and not turn in doja chips or do dailies fine. Level as slowly as you want, but don't try to hold people back who don't want to take 2 years getting to endgame content.
    You want MMO game so you can have online friends- i'd suggest when in rome you do as romans do or get left behind. All that crying aint gettin you teamed. Learn to adapt.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Apr 4th, 2012 at 01:40:59.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Oh i can adapt, and as i said, iīm not blamming you, since its the only option even for people who want to play the game the other way, simply because if i ask for a team for anything other than kite hill from 50-160 iīll be sitting in my ass all day waiting.

ITīs not your fault you have to chose a poor way to play a game huge as this one, itīs FCīs.

But thinking itīs ok to do so will only make FC milk lazy people like yourself for money all they can, selling lvl boosters like they intend to do in a near future.

Itīs sad to see a game like this die and people just sit on their lame ass thinking itīs fun to do nothing, kill nothing, raid nothing and then come and bash the people that still want to do something but has no one to do something with.

All those aspects that you think are awesome are killing this game, and you fail badly to see that.

I said i was sorry for you, well, changed my mind, stupidity is a choice, canīt feel sorry for that.

...snipped for brevity...
    Again you go trying to impose a specific game-play in a game where players can choose what, when and how to do it.

If you think kiting is something that happened recently, I have encountered it in 2004 and 2005. Both under the guise of borg-soup and ely hecks. Kite hill did not destroy people teaming and killing mobs; people were forming teams while kite hill was 10 times busier than it is now (the times when you actually had NT wars), so no, kite hill only served a minority of players since it could service only so many at once while the larger majority where playing the game.

LR selling - how is it different from hiring that engie/mp/crat to get you a stygian desolator, CDRs or other nodrop items? And this is not something AO players invented recently.

All this may seem more obvious now since there are fewer people. That's all.

Thus, you're high and mighty behaviour is unwarranted.
    Last edited by Khlin; Apr 4th, 2012 at 09:58:41.

Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    ...and don't even understand the concept after playing games like WoW.)
    After skimming through the pages and not noticing much clarification on this, I think I'll go ahead and take the chance to do just that.

One aspect of WoW you seem to be aware of is that yes, quests provide money and armor. You should also be aware that this armor is Very mediocre compared to what the top tier players are expecting of the people they play with. It's very true that you Still have to put a significant amount of time into obtaining a decent set of gear (core parts, weapons and trinkits). And the money from quests? Could potentially be almost all gone once you hit max level (assuming you held onto most of it for that long) due to riding ranks, skill training, and if you're lucky, cheap but effective replacements of your meh tier quest armor.

I'll say that one reason I don't like playing AO is because there's not much to do besides the usual stuff. Another is that grinding money (and grinding in general) have never resonated very well with me. I don't like playing WoW for basically the same reasons. Sure there's plenty more things to do, but after you've run them once, they just become another part of "the usual". Also, getting money in that game requires some time as well. Fortunately you just don't need as much of it.

tl'dr: The concept of investing Hours (and days, and weeks) into just your gear is not lost on me after two years of wow and two max level characters (thus far). And I've been playing AO for 4. Quest gear is terrible for harder content. People will die laughing at you trying to do stuff with it.
    Last edited by AyyRawn; Apr 4th, 2012 at 11:31:08.
    Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

Quest gear in WoW isn't supposed to carry you into raiding, it's to get you to endgame so you can gear up in 5 man instances (which you can actually get a team for relatively easily, unlike AO). And overall gear in WoW is secondary to player skill and knowledge; I remember reading about a guild that did some raid (can't remember which one, but it was either current endgame content at the time or only one tier behind) in gear that would have made it impossible for a less skilled group of players.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by AyyRawn View Post
    After skimming through the pages and not noticing much clarification on this, I think I'll go ahead and take the chance to do just that.

One aspect of WoW you seem to be aware of is that yes, quests provide money and armor. You should also be aware that this armor is Very mediocre compared to what the top tier players are expecting of the people they play with. It's very true that you Still have to put a significant amount of time into obtaining a decent set of gear (core parts, weapons and trinkits). And the money from quests? Could potentially be almost all gone once you hit max level (assuming you held onto most of it for that long) due to riding ranks, skill training, and if you're lucky, cheap but effective replacements of your meh tier quest armor.
    I'm not sure what you're clarifying here... you quoted me but my point was that in other games, you get reasonable leveling gear via quests as you go. Never, anyplace, in my post did I say that said gear was acceptable for raiding. In AO, people don't really 'raid' until TL7. There are some instances along the way, but none of them requiring anything more than mediocre gear to accomplish successfully in a team.

I therefore think my point and comparison (to WoW leveling up dynamics) is still very valid. Players expect that type of gear progression (being able to get mediocre stuff, at least, via quests and normal progressive activities) as opposed to having to stop gameplay to go grind some dyna someplace to get basic things.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I therefore think my point and comparison (to WoW leveling up dynamics) is still very valid. Players expect that type of gear progression (being able to get mediocre stuff, at least, via quests and normal progressive activities) as opposed to having to stop gameplay to go grind some dyna someplace to get basic things.
    I think that this is one of the key issues that is affecting the retention rate of new players. Hopefully it is one of the things being addressed by the new startup experience.

I'm not sure what you're clarifying here...
    Mostly your statement that the concept of grinding for armor is lost on people that "play games like WoW". No real offense intended, but to say something such as that makes you sound ignorant and like you're simply twisting the biggest target for criticism into your argument to improve your point.

I see what you're saying otherwise though, people come into AO expecting there to be streamlining and free gear, and that's not the way AO plays, as most of the gear in general is either crafted or dropped from hard content, so everything boils down to skill (and your own willpower to get everything done). Honestly, what's the main issue that makes that such a bad addition? I'm not saying streamline the hell out of the entire game, but throw something in there so that people don't feel completely lost, such as this:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=597003

...as opposed to having to stop gameplay...
    That just raises another point to address: Why should the entire flow of things be halted because of tradition? If anything that's an aspect of the game that works as the main turn off to people, despite the fact that it's the way the game works and it should be recognized as such. Not everything has to be quick and easy. Our streamlining could be the ringer and take months to get through, but as long as there's established goals, people will work for them, just as they should with the current system.
    Last edited by AyyRawn; Apr 4th, 2012 at 17:44:38.
    ~~~~~~
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by AyyRawn View Post
    Mostly your statement that the concept of grinding for armor is lost on people that "play games like WoW". No real offense intended, but to say something such as that makes you sound ignorant and like you're simply twisting the biggest target for criticism into your argument to improve your point.
    Here's the full quote of what I stated.. Guess I don't get what you saw in my statement that was so ignorate but to each their own.

Funcom failed to fix the problem.. they just made it so players had one less solution. (And for those that don't know what i mean by the problem.. it is the fact that you cannot obtain decent armor, weapons, implants, consumables, huds/utils via the normal course of your leveling. You have to set aside time for leveling, set aside time for farming for gear and set aside time for farming for money. Most players, in this day and age, aren't willing to do that and don't even understand the concept after playing games like WoW.)

If they put in a solution to the problem, they won't have to fix anything because people won't be bothered to go to a place like S10 and farm bounties.. they'd have a reasonable avenue to obtain what they need just from playing the game.
    Take out "Games like WoW" and insert "Any game created within the past 5 or so years and the meaning is just the same. I used WoW to illustrate my point.. I could've used Age of Conan or pretty much any game I've tried playing over the years. They all use the "get gear via quests as you level up" system. A lot of people that play WoW have WoW as their first MMO. Again, take out WoW and insert "Any game created with the past 5 or so years". If you start off playing that type of game and then come to AO you get a culture shock. Its not saying anything about the capabilities, skill level or anything of the player and everything about what people get used to doing.

Try giving a current 16 year old a pager and tell them that they need to use that to communicate and see what type of reaction you get. Take away their cell phone, ability to access their facebook, etc and see how they manage to survive. People become accustomed to modern technology and that applies to all facets of life.. including their entertainment. I can tell you that I would be lost if my only television option was that Sportsvision and the 1 cable channel that I had back when I was a child and someone took away my Netflix and Hulu.

Coming to AO, for people that are accustomed to playing more modern games, is like taking away the conveniences I listed above.

I also think its worth mentioning that I love playing WoW and I loved Age of Conan and I was entertained as could be by SWTOR. I play games for what they are and not for how I compare them to my first true MMO love (AO). So no, I don't jump on the 'wow-hate' band wagon. For what its worth I think Blizzard was brilliant for its creation.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 4th, 2012 at 17:57:55.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Here's the full quote of what I stated.. Guess I don't get what you saw in my statement that was so ignorate but to each their own.

Take out "Games like WoW" and insert "Any game created within the past 5 or so years and the meaning is just the same. I used WoW to illustrate my point.. I could've used Age of Conan or pretty much any game I've tried playing over the years. They all use the "get gear via quests as you level up" system. A lot of people that play WoW have WoW as their first MMO. Again, take out WoW and insert "Any game created with the past 5 or so years". If you start off playing that type of game and then come to AO you get a culture shock. Its not saying anything about the capabilities, skill level or anything of the player and everything about what people get used to doing.

Try giving a current 16 year old a pager and tell them that they need to use that to communicate and see what type of reaction you get. Take away their cell phone, ability to access their facebook, etc and see how they manage to survive. People become accustomed to modern technology and that applies to all facets of life.. including their entertainment. I can tell you that I would be lost if my only television option was that Sportsvision and the 1 cable channel that I had back when I was a child and someone took away my Netflix and Hulu.

Coming to AO, for people that are accustomed to playing more modern games, is like taking away the conveniences I listed above.

I also think its worth mentioning that I love playing WoW and I loved Age of Conan and I was entertained as could be by SWTOR. I play games for what they are and not for how I compare them to my first true MMO love (AO). So no, I don't jump on the 'wow-hate' band wagon. For what its worth I think Blizzard was brilliant for its creation.
    Just to state again, what I wanted to clarify is that WoW doesn't go lax on grinding, just as AO doesn't. The difference is that AO requires Much more because it has you grind for armor and money at certain points while leveling, lest you forego these opportunities, and then you're just left with a bad situation.

What I've been trying to say for a while is that the sad truth behind the future life of this game is that it may have to take some aspects of modern MMOs and utilize them. Though they can be modified to fit with the way AO plays and has always played, just to avoid true conformity and let AO hold onto it's identity, in some respect at least. I know it's a sad thing to have to conform at all, but typically, things die much faster if they don't keep up with the times. If it stays in its current state and just becomes shinier, it'll just end up being one of those games that fills a niche for certain people, and really, I'd want something better than that for AO.
    ~~~~~~

Oh i can adapt, and as i said, iīm not blamming you, since its the only option even for people who want to play the game the other way, simply because if i ask for a team for anything other than kite hill from 50-160 iīll be sitting in my ass all day waiting.

ITīs not your fault you have to chose a poor way to play a game huge as this one, itīs FCīs.

But thinking itīs ok to do so will only make FC milk lazy people like yourself for money all they can, selling lvl boosters like they intend to do in a near future.

Itīs sad to see a game like this die and people just sit on their lame ass thinking itīs fun to do nothing, kill nothing, raid nothing and then come and bash the people that still want to do something but has no one to do something with.

All those aspects that you think are awesome are killing this game, and you fail badly to see that.

I said i was sorry for you, well, changed my mind, stupidity is a choice, canīt feel sorry for that.
    Wow... self righteous and sitting on a high horse. Sorry you don't have people to play with. Sorry if you don't know how to find people to play with. Sorry you don't know how to make friends. Sorry you don't know how to play AO.

The funniest part is that my last 3 toons i leveled up to 220 never set foot at kite hill a single time or Ado hecks. It took less than 2months to lvl up to 220 simply because I know how to play. I'm sure it could be done in 2-3 weeks had i used kite teams lol. So while you cry about kite this or pocket that, why not look at how big AO is and find ways to play that don't use those methods. I won't even tell you how funny it is to me to have teamed with someone from totw-tiigs-foremans. Have them then say no to teaming the next day because they are waiting for a kite team, and 2 days later they are still 120, and ive leveled to 160 solo.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Actually Jill makes a valid point.

Stopping leveling to gear up vs keep leveling so you can see what's behind door #2.

I've had quite a few friends coming from WoW, WoW-clones and Asian grinders that, while on noob island, would start after 2-4 levels pestering me with questions like:

- so, who do I talk to to get another spell on my bar
    - so, where do I go now to get better the next attack action/talen/ability point

Telling them that advancing in the game makes you stronger as in your specials/regular hits do more damage is rather underwhelming since in most other games you get some shiny thing when you ding a new level.

And then, they start comparing AO item progression system where acquiring a decent weapon usually requires outside help, be getting help from an engie to loot a styg, or get a noob rod and so on.

Also, from my experience so far, no new player will ever stop and become a farmer at first.

The reason i'm pissed is not because those issues affect me directly, i have no problems lvling up as it is, the problem is how it affects the game in general.

I got people to raid, to lvlup, to do anything i wish, simply because the alliance im a part with on RK2 has enough people to do those things, even tho it's a dead_ish_ server. My last character from creation to end was in full alphas in about 4 months.

I'm in a big org, part of the RK2 alliance wiht many people to do content with, when i say "people like myself that wants to do content" doesn't mean i don't do it.

When i say

"bash the people that still want to do something but has no one to do something with."

its mostly directed to new players.

Today, if i was new to AO and decided to pay 14 bucks or whatever it costs a month to play, and just discovered that what is considered fun in the game is sitting on a rock gaining lvls with no efforts, discoveries or any other thing that didn't actually involved playing the game, i would just take my money elsewhere.

When i said i had a blast killing hecklers on penumbra for lame SK, i didnt have fun because i was killing hecklers, it was fun because i had longterm friends with me laughing our asses off on ventrillo due to a pull that went wrong, or simply by getting to know new people and just chatting on team chat.

I'm not ok with the grind mechanic aswell, i think it's terrible for a time menagement point of view, and it is boring as **********. But we could bring the good out of it.

go ahead and do the thing you consider it fun to do, i don't care if you have fun or not doing it, just don't call it playing the game, it's not playing.

I can guarantee you that the fun i once had in this game you will never get the chance to experience.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast