Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not getting ship invites in city raids

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    AI city raid design documentation is not for public consumption but some thing I have gotten access to through my time as BH in ARK.
    Hmm, then I would say the document is faulty. Because when Means and Macrosun where testing City Raids a few years ago there was post by Means about them having to figure out exactly what would trigger a Ship Invite.

This is the exact post in which Means details what gets a Ship Invite. As you can see it is clearly at least 4 people all on the Generals hatelist. All the people have to be normal players. I am going to trust Means and Macrosun post as to what exactly it takes over some document that I have never seen. No offense Epo just this is one of those times where the Devs have made it clear what it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    Attempt Two:

Dual-logged I tried again. No invite.

Facepalm Two: Two players is not enough. Had a coder check. 4 Players are required. Crap.
    Anyway that is the post detailing what it takes. If everyone is doing all that is required then yes there is problem.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    Hmm, then I would say the document is faulty. Because when Means and Macrosun where testing City Raids a few years ago there was post by Means about them having to figure out exactly what would trigger a Ship Invite.

This is the exact post in which Means details what gets a Ship Invite. As you can see it is clearly at least 4 people all on the Generals hatelist. All the people have to be normal players. I am going to trust Means and Macrosun post as to what exactly it takes over some document that I have never seen. No offense Epo just this is one of those times where the Devs have made it clear what it takes.

Anyway that is the post detailing what it takes. If everyone is doing all that is required then yes there is problem.
    But the DEVs are clearly wrong (based on that info). The hate list requirement cannot be accurate. I get ship invites all the time with 4 toons - one being a 200 that I hide around a corner. Has no buffs/perks going nor does it ever attack (cause it has no perks, nanos and has xp guns/gear equipped).
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Eponyx View Post
    Ship invites have never been 100%, in fact the amount of people attacking is not one of the factors taking into account when the game decides on a ship invite or not.

Ref.: AI city raid design documentation
    Now how could you be so sure?

Not even the actual devs know how it works so...

Yes it has been 100% I remember I've never failed to get an invite before with 4 ppl raiding city, but lately 2 or 3 out of 10 times I don't get ship invite..
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12