Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Release Notes 18.4.14

Funcom employee Update Release Notes 18.4.14

Update Release Notes 18.4.14

Content Alterations:

• Sector 10 should now create private team and solo instances
    • Obtaining and constructing the pieces for 'Wistful Apparition' is now less difficult
    • All PVP missions should once again offer an SK reward if you are level 200 or higher
    • DM - A-Pods: The difficulty of the pod spawn has been decreased
    • DM - Inner Sanctum: The quest description has been updated to reflect that any combination of the said cult members can be killed to get the reward
    • Fixed an exploit

Item Changes:

• All higher quality Shade Spirits can now be combined with Xan Beta Symbiants
    • The Full Data Receptacle Container is no longer consumed when accidentally used on a Grid Terminal
    • The Tiny Sword and The Leet Spine Sword now have appropriate melee combat ranges
    • The snow speeder can now only be used on Rubi-Ka as intended
    • The snow blower should now function correctly
    • The snowflake shirt will now display correctly

NPC & Mob Alterations:

• Omni Unicorn Squadleader Fixx is now carrying a weapon

GUI, Art & Code Alterations:

• City plot in Deep Artery Valley has been adjusted in order to fit the intended amount of buildings
    • Hecklers are no longer covered in festive snow
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Funcom employee

Inhaltsveränderungen

• Sector 10 sollte jetzt private Team und Soloinstanzen erzeugen.
    • Die Teile von Wistful Apparition zu bekommen und zusammenzubauen sollte jetzt leichter sein.
    • Alle PvP Missions sollten jetzt wieder eine SK Belohnung ergeben, wenn man Stufe 200 oder höher ist.
    • DM - A-Pods: Der Herausforderungsgrad der Pod-Spawns wurde verringert.
    • DM - Inner Sanctum: Die Quest-Beschreibung wurde entsprechend abgeändert, um deutlicher aufzuzeigen, dass jede Kombination von Cult Mitgliedern getötet werden kann, um die Belohnung zu erhalten.
    • Ein Exploit wurde behoben.

Item-Veränderungen

• Alle Shader Spirits höherer Qualität können jetzt mit Xan Beta Symbiants kombiniert werden.
    • Der Full Data Receptacle Container wird nicht mehr verbraucht, wenn man ihn aus versehen auf ein Grid Terminal aktiviert.
    • Das Tiny Sword und das Leet Spine Sword haben jetzt angepasste Nahkampfreichweite.
    • Der Snow Speeder kann jetzt nur auf Rubi-Ka wie geplant verwendet werden.
    • Der Snow Blower funktioniert jetzt richtig.
    • Das Snowflake Shirt wird jetzt richtig angezeigt.

NPC & Mob Veränderungen

• Omni Unicorn Squadleader Fixx trägt jetzt eine Waffe bei sich

GUI, Art & Code Veränderungen

• Der City Plot in Deep Artery Valley wurde auf die entsprechende Menge von Gebäuden angepasst.
    • Hecklers sind nicht mehr mit Feststagsschnee bedeckt.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Item Changes:
    • The snow speeder can now only be used on Rubi-Ka as intended
    Why nerf the snow speeder, it worked just fine for the amount of points it cost, hell would have paid more. But to create something and put it in the item shop for everyone to buy and then nerf it deserves a refund. Want my 1200x4 points back or give us our flying vehicle back in SL.

what's the idea on a solo instance in s10? it dosen't even work.

You are on your own in this area, no one can help you.
    Changing area. Please wait.
    Entering 'Sector 10 - Solo Instance'
    This is a team private playfield. You are not a member of the team, and will be deported shortly.

and when i *do* team i get this is a members in there already:
    Teleport failed. The destination playfield has reached its player limit.

so now it's more broke than before, what's going on? seriously... -.-

In any case, what's the point in having a solo instance where you can pop gens? pretty sure you get killed on most profs...
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Jan 18th, 2012 at 16:46:35.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

how about run this on test sever and make sure you install same one ingame when it works ?

S10 was awsome you ruine the game with it*^
    hey !!

Entering 'Sector 10 - Solo Instance'
    This is a team private playfield. You are not a member of the team, and will be deported shortly.

Joining team.
    Glidemiddel joined your team.
    Teleport failed. The destination playfield has reached its player limit.

not working as intended :-)
    Last edited by Kuyt; Jan 18th, 2012 at 17:30:04.
    NO U

Funcom employee

We are aware of the issues with Sector 10's instancing not working as intended and are currently looking into solutions. We'll keep you guys updated with information as it becomes available.

Edit: The team version of the S10 instance should currently be working. Unfortunately, additional issues with the solo instance are preventing it from functioning as-intended on the live servers. We offer our apologies, and will keep you all updated as we work toward resolving this issue.
    Last edited by Kintaii; Jan 18th, 2012 at 23:12:36.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

I guess all the testers were buzy testing the range of noobisland 1HE ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    I guess all the testers were buzy testing the range of noobisland 1HE ...
    Noooooo!, not this :S There goes all my PvP skillz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    We are aware of the issues with Sector 10's instancing not working as intended and are currently looking into solutions. We'll keep you guys updated with information as it becomes available.
    Funcom can be epic sometimes really :-)
    Jick- teh cursed one
    Demonictus- da shade
    Frogy - shield gimp
    Kamehame - KUNGfriikingFU
    and many others....

Quote Originally Posted by Carlonel View Post
    Why nerf the snow speeder, it worked just fine for the amount of points it cost, hell would have paid more. But to create something and put it in the item shop for everyone to buy and then nerf it deserves a refund. Want my 1200x4 points back or give us our flying vehicle back in SL.
    your fault for not reading the patch notes

it's been known that the flying snow speeder is a bug. we've known this for over a month now. if you bought it in hopes of exploiting said bug, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    your fault for not reading the patch notes

it's been known that the flying snow speeder is a bug. we've known this for over a month now. if you bought it in hopes of exploiting said bug, you have no one to blame but yourself.
    It was not made obvious in the PP shop, where it should have been. I'm not worried about it 1200PPx4 is chump change. Would have just been nice to speed things up after having 5 220s. Ah well i can just wait for the insta 220 items from the item shop to make it easier.

Hey, maybe the PP should be refunded, the speeders removed, and made available for re-purchase for anyone who doesn't mind that they've been nerfed, since the possibility of a misunderstanding about the intended capabilities of the snowspeeder remains, and all FC can do is assume that the customers read the patch notes (which is a crap assumption) and/or that people only bought them for lol sploitz and so now they're getting what they deserve by having that removed. These are digital goods. The logistics of refunding PP and removing the item are as uncomplicated as they can possibly get. It's also a good faith gesture that doesn't require giving back real money; does it get any easier?

Disclaimer, before I get flamed by retards: I never bought a snowspeeder, didn't want to buy one to fly in SL, and am not arguing for my own personal benefit.
    Last edited by vitriolic-v; Jan 19th, 2012 at 00:29:35.

And Stealth changes

DM: Kill the competition. Must now return to bar for both the VP and XP/SK rewards.

Miner Play Field: Have not timed it to exact times since patch, but miners are spawning much faster in an empty besides you play field. Was 5 minutes from kill to respawn before patch. Now it feels like 1 minute tops. Anyone else seen this?

Question on Dalies: Why does DM: Interception (Clan side) from the CMA give you a PVP flag yet ALL the PVP dailies do not? Um hello McFly this mechanic is stupid. PVP mission giving a flag would be like Duh!.. But a non PVP daily does. I think this needs looked at.

OK, that is what I have found in 10 minutes of being logged in.
    Last edited by Lheann; Jan 19th, 2012 at 03:21:26.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by vitriolic-v View Post
    Hey, maybe the PP should be refunded, the speeders removed, and made available for re-purchase for anyone who doesn't mind that they've been nerfed, since the possibility of a misunderstanding about the intended capabilities of the snowspeeder remains, and all FC can do is assume that the customers read the patch notes (which is a crap assumption) and/or that people only bought them for lol sploitz and so now they're getting what they deserve by having that removed. These are digital goods. The logistics of refunding PP and removing the item are as uncomplicated as they can possibly get. It's also a good faith gesture that doesn't require giving back real money; does it get any easier?

Disclaimer, before I get flamed by retards: I never bought a snowspeeder, didn't want to buy one to fly in SL, and am not arguing for my own personal benefit.
    Why, considering that it didn't say anywhere in the description that it COULD fly in SL etc., and that no other such items had that capability. If that were the case, then sure. But since that wasn't the case, and that you bought one based on word of mouth, you should have the cognitive capacity to make the connection between "no description of the feature, no other similar items with the feature" and "this is a bug".
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Alternatively, there are undocumented changes in almost every update, so it's not out of the realm of possibility to consider that SL flight might be in this category. Considering the (relatively) sky-high price of the vehicle, one might expect that there would almost have to be something special about this vehicle.

IANAL but my understanding is that the question often boils down to 'reasonable expectation'. I would suggest that the unusually high price, paired with a before-unseen functionality, sets a reasonable expectation that this is an undocumented bonus rather than a bug.

For the record, I don't own one of these.

Best,
    Gora
    Last edited by Gorathon; Jan 19th, 2012 at 17:30:46. Reason: ...
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

A-Pods: The difficulty of the pod spawn has been decreased
    It's exactly as before as i see it, if you can't snare then you're still *****

or? enlighten me please
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Same with A-pods here as well. No change as far as I can see.

parry fixed yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarsolace
    This idea kills 2 forum trolls with one hamster.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Why, considering that it didn't say anywhere in the description that it COULD fly in SL etc., and that no other such items had that capability. If that were the case, then sure. But since that wasn't the case, and that you bought one based on word of mouth, you should have the cognitive capacity to make the connection between "no description of the feature, no other similar items with the feature" and "this is a bug".
    Well maybe, just maybe there are players that actually login to this game and actually play it that heard it flew in SL. Using said 'world of mouth' player mechanics, purchased newly titled exploitmobile. I'll call it a "means going away present to players" (and I thought it was the init fix ^^)

1200 pts per vehicle per character seems ridiculously high for a simple castayalm that you can't use through gridding/etc. I am at a loss as to how funcom thinks 1200 pts for a castable vehicle is a bargain when it does nothing that a much cheaper one in newland does NOW. 1200 pts for flying in SL can be justified. I did have more fun in AO than I have had from any booster pack since like SL. However, it was well worth it to fly in SL albeit only for a limited time. This definately tops the 'lockpick on grid terminal to get into fixer grid'

It reminded me of the first time I bought a yalm.

Other games that fc has used to influence newer content in this one have allowed flight in old areas that flying wasn't allowed before. <- this is the real issue here. Flying in SL is behind schedule like the engine. Hey, they can even have players purchase a Northrend flight license, *cough* I mean shadowlands.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Jan 20th, 2012 at 08:01:05.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast