Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omni-HQ(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    The domes in Avalon are OTAF bases, as labeled on the map and evident from the NPC's in them. I believe they are used as forward bases to watch clan movements and deploy forces from where needed. (though I have not exactly studied npc dialogs from there, might do sometime)
    Perhaps, but I added them to the list of possible OTAF HQs.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Leileena View Post
    R&D being a bit remote would make sense. Which is also why I'd go for the facility in EFP as HQ, and possibly the labs in Omni-1-HQ as facility mainly for liaising with other departments / board of directors. Outzones are pretty hard to accomodate in this list as we don't know much about them other than some mining outposts, and a lot of alien strongholds. I would think R&D would want their main facility within terraformed Rubi-Ka for security reasons though (aliens raiding R&D HQ would definitely put humans in a disadvantage in the war).

Also, I think I'll second Cora in the Pol HQ. While SWB has an impressive building, the Omni-Ent location seems like a more practical choice.
    Ah, even though I am not an RPer I think I know enough from the storylines to counter some of this

If I remember everything correctly, the Kyr'Ozch appeared around the time the shadowlands were discovered, but the war itself with the Kyr'Ozch resulted a bit later than that (Omni/Unicorn's fault?). Was Rubi-Ka beginning to be terraformed before the shadowlands were discovered? If so, then the outzones would have actually been considered "safe" as there was no kyr'ozch presence at the time.

Although Trousers has set a location which seems fine to me, my proposal is that at the end of The Longest Road could actually be some sort of restricted omni location in the outzones. Is there any sort of RP background on the longest road simply dead-ending as it does? The Biomare/Foremans location does seem like a research intensive omni location as well, and I have always wondered "what if you just kept going, surely something is out there?" Doesn't have to be R&D necessarily, but something none-the-less.

Just going to make two real quick points.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    If I remember everything correctly, the Kyr'Ozch appeared around the time the shadowlands were discovered, but the war itself with the Kyr'Ozch resulted a bit later than that (Omni/Unicorn's fault?). Was Rubi-Ka beginning to be terraformed before the shadowlands were discovered? If so, then the outzones would have actually been considered "safe" as there was no kyr'ozch presence at the time.
    The Outzone is unsafe due to radiation, mostly. There are accounts of Clans (Gaia? (I CBA to look it up right now) Eco Warriors?) that gave up on the civil unrest and walked off into the outzone. They were never heard from again. This was before the Alien Invasion. It's unsure if they're alive, and if not, what killed them (Radiation, Outzone Beasts, when the aliens came).

Although Trousers has set a location which seems fine to me, my proposal is that at the end of The Longest Road could actually be some sort of restricted omni location in the outzones. Is there any sort of RP background on the longest road simply dead-ending as it does? The Biomare/Foremans location does seem like a research intensive omni location as well, and I have always wondered "what if you just kept going, surely something is out there?" Doesn't have to be R&D necessarily, but something none-the-less.
    The Road in the Longest Road becomes The Road to Kapar which leads to Kapar proper. (See: Rubi-Ka). Kapar is a clan held asset.
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12