Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: server population

server population

I am a returning player, played six years or so ago started after shadowlands came out quit before the alien exp. I had a level 210 keeper, I currently am at level 101 and I find teaming with other players is basically non existent. Xping and missions completely by yourself is getting dull. I am on rk2.

I was wondering if rk1 has more active players more teams.

The general consensus is that RK1 has more players. I've never gotten past level 5 on RK2, so I can't speak on how the population on RK2 is, but on RK1 teaming can be slow. Often you'll see people on LFT who just don't want a team. I've seen countless people leave a team because there is no pocket, or NT.

Don't let this deter you. Find a good org, make friends, and you'll be surprised how often a 220 org mate will happily log an alt and run a BS mission or whatever with you.

I guess the biggest point I'm making is that regardless of server, teaming with strangers is slow, and often you end up in a team that doesn't work together well. Make friends, join an org, and ask for help when you need it. If your org isn't willing to work with you, you chose the wrong one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

The 'official' word is populations are equal(ish) 5% difference at peak times.

/Sarcasm on
    No one teams in AO though, so very passe... Kites only, afk in med suits ftw!
    /Sarcasm off

Belligerence's advice is sound; A good org, and a few friends goes a long way for those of us who like teaming (in a MMO go figure...) as opposed to those who demand OST/NT's, or solo play.
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Yeah, i was excited to see this game was still going after all this time. When i played every zone was packed it took minutes to get a team. Even nascence hecklers where slammed with people. Sure once you hit schoel/pen you usually sat on a list for the hecks spots but that spared time to complete quests or farm PB patterns in the playfield. There was teams running the spiders by utopolis. At least every 10 minutes you would be spammed lft? Its just a pain trying to lvl solo and just painfully boring.

Odd thing I usually dont see anyone kiting in ely. I see hardly anyone in ely.

A quick rundown on the state of things, as I see them.

The population is relatively small, regardless of server. Some people have gone so far to call AO dead, or a "solo" game, due to the small population. If you don't have friends, money, or get lucky, you are, in fact, going to end up leveling solo for the most part. Don't let this discourage you, there are people who play, if you take your time to meet the people you play with, you might just find a really friendly person who could be your next leveling partner.

In regards to the lack of Ely kiting: I'm not sure how long ago you played, but Ely hecks no longer drop ingots, and are near impossible to kite without experience. They can and will hit you from across the playfield if you don't jump like you have a pogo stick up your... Instead, Ely kiting has been replaced with pocket teams, which consist of a high level doctor or enforcer holding aggro on many hecks while an NT AoE nukes them.
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.

Actually a lot of the times lately when I have checked there aren't even any pocket teams at Ely hecklers.

Yeah, ely is a bit dead i see people at kite hill sometimes thats about it.

after lvl200 you usually get a team by the time you finished your dailies.
    starting a BS is a different story :/
    dear omlets.... DO YOUR DAILY PVP! grmbl.

Question is does Ely kiting help or hinder normal teams to form? never been in one and don't care for it either but then i am not in any rush to max level like most people seem to be nowdays.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

It hurts for the simple fact if you get powerleveled.. How do you know to handle a lvl 200 mob or w/e situation when the last mob u fought was lvl 40 in nascense... You know, so thats why you see ghemps in inf teams wearing basic prof implants..... (Yes i've seen that before)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelewis87 View Post
    It hurts for the simple fact if you get powerleveled.. How do you know to handle a lvl 200 mob or w/e situation when the last mob u fought was lvl 40 in nascense... You know, so thats why you see ghemps in inf teams wearing basic prof implants..... (Yes i've seen that before)
    Was in s7, asked soldier for RC, OS, FaT, swear his toon gave me a blank stare...

I think it's not even the powerleveling quite a lot of returning players that got attracted by the free playtime offer. Like myself (you know, basic imps were state of the art once -_- )
    dear omlets.... DO YOUR DAILY PVP! grmbl.

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    Was in s7, asked soldier for RC, OS, FaT, swear his toon gave me a blank stare...
    Power leveling doesn't cause things like that. It might exacerbate it, but it does not directly cause it. Not having up to date implants/symbiants and nanos is caused by laziness, ignorance, or some combination of both.

On the other hand, power leveling does create people who don't know what to do with their profession toolset. It's one thing to level solo from 1-175, and have a complete, solid understanding of your toolset, and quite another to go from 1-30 solo, then get kited to 160 with no idea what your toolset consists of and does.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerence View Post
    Power leveling doesn't cause things like that. It might exacerbate it, but it does not directly cause it. Not having up to date implants/symbiants and nanos is caused by laziness, ignorance, or some combination of both.

On the other hand, power leveling does create people who don't know what to do with their profession toolset. It's one thing to level solo from 1-175, and have a complete, solid understanding of your toolset, and quite another to go from 1-30 solo, then get kited to 160 with no idea what your toolset consists of and does.
    Like the odd 170ish enf at Ado hecks calling me a noob, cause I kicked him after he telling me he has no mongo, as it makes monsters attack him.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Like the odd 170ish enf at Ado hecks calling me a noob, cause I kicked him after he telling me he has no mongo, as it makes monsters attack him.
    Priceless!

... or the 150 enforcer in predator and a panther who insisted he could tank ado hecks but started cussing out the rest of the team for not knowing how to play after he died for the third time in a row after only 2-3 hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    But aggro is bad mkay ;(

Reminds me of the ancient thread of enforcer complaints from back in 2001ish

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Its funny because all you really need to do is look at your nanos and perks and auno, and then maybe pay some attention to teams youve been in, and you can somewhat play any class. Belligerence is right, its just laziness and ignorance. (or newbness i guess)

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Reminds me of the ancient thread of enforcer complaints from back in 2001ish
    It's like poetry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast