Thread: Account bank

Account bank

I think it would be nice to have an account bank that we could pay for that would allow us to transfer our no drop items between one character to another on the same account. Let's face it, how many of us have made one toon, and played the hell out of it, had to farm all the twinking gear, and then BAM next toon it's a repeat of the same stuff. I want to enjoy the game play of this game, and hang out with friends, and I don't want to spend my entire life farming items for my characters. This would also allow for us to be able to loot desired items for our alts such as our beast weapons and our burdens without having to log off a team, and run all the way out to a mob to loot it, meanwhile holding people up who may or may not have the time to save the PF so that we can loot our items.

This wouldn't eliminate any real game play from other people, important items that we all want will still be farmed, but at least we won't have to spend all our time farming trival things such as new screwdrivers for our toons. it would also provide additional reward benefits for veteran players that really lack with such a lame veterans item store, I don't want a foam finger.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

I Believe i would ruin my own moral by un equipped character after character if this thing was available.

i believe the "noDrop" tag answers this thread

Forcing you to farm items again is kinda the point. Imagine if someone got all the items from TOTW and never went back. They wouldnt need a deso or IS key or anything for any alt. This would cause even less people in these places. I guess it would make getting a GTA easier since you only need one...

I would make use of a account bank to quickly transfer items between chars if there isn't already one. Transfering pillows and treatment rifles and twinking items is always tedious. Especially finding the twinking implants I have spread around on my 5+ chars. I am pretty sure I have 10+ treatment heads in each level range.
    Last edited by viperuws; Feb 7th, 2012 at 22:10:59.

If you mean transfering nodrops, forget it.

If you think about transfering yesdrop items between toons, such a feature exists.
    It's called froob.

I've got a toon dedicated as a bank, it allow not only one account to share items but all my accounts.

Even if it's just for regular items I'd want it. The way things are now we have to create a fr00b account to work as a mule and hand it stuff then log in another toon to hand it back, and the trade window glitches out showing ghosts of items that we already transferred. So even if it eliminates the need for that dependency, I'd want it. Though It seems a far hope with how FC procrastinates this game. lol
    Last edited by Eschia; Feb 12th, 2012 at 16:05:02.
    It's bureaucracy! If ya don't like, see the complaint officer. He's that towering angry robot over there cracking his knuckles.

I agree that this would be a nice feature. Aion has it, and it was so convenient that it made me laugh thinking about how awkward AO's system of needing extra accounts and multiple logins to do the same thing.

In terms of transfering items, having a froob bank toon is just a workaround not an acceptable official answer. Even the mail system, while a step in the right direction, was epic fail since it was still quicker (and free) to log a mule or borrow a friend.

Account-shared bank slots: Yes please.

Sharing nodrops: Excuse me wut?
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 9th, 2012 at 02:06:19.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by SourceCode View Post
    If you think about transfering yesdrop items between toons, such a feature exists.
    It's called froob.
    Why go to the store to buy milk when you can fly to Germany, milk a cow, and fly back home with a aeroplane plastic bag of milk.

You deserve no top hat, good sir.
    Just log your 220.

Another option instead of account bank would be to use another existing mechanic: the mail system.

If Funcom could remove the need for "postage" (no limit on free transfers) for transfers *inside the same account*, this could work in the same way that a common bank account, except it's on a one-to-one basis between two characters instead of on-to-many.

For a "one-to-many" transfer, the froob account solution mentioned above would still work perfectly without forcing funcom to make yet another change to the codebase.

Please. Just let me transfer backpacks through the mail already. My Engie has a Backpack of Survival with no way to hand it to my Advy other than using a mule. Given the tendency for one client to crash for no reason I'm not even going to risk dual logging. That and having an Org that's apparently dead there's no way round this.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Nodrop items transfering between accounts? What the hell, i would not agree with this feature, then the time i've spended on 5 characters to get prolly all nodrop stuff that need and dont need for twinking other stuff pvping would be worthless ;p

At all, would be nice to see the game as used to be in 2006, then there were less mass confusion and less crying about everything, ppl just were playing 'n enjoying the game.

I support this 100%.

QUITE OBVIOUSLY people don't want this so they can transfer nodrops (those who do just ask for nodrop tags to be removed), but rather, so they don't have to dual/triple/quad log froob toons and search among a crapload of backpacks in order to get that one item (yes, I know there's AO Item Assistant, but still).

So yes, WTB account-wide bank and a more accessible inventory interface to boot. One that comes with a search function and doesn't involve so much clicking and dragging. DO IT, it's 2012, I'm sick of playing solitaire with backpacks whenever I wanna sort my inventory.
    Dat Nanomage posterior

About the NODROP thing. Any danger of an Event Item transfer system? One toon of mine has the "I Met Means..." t-shirt but is on longer played and I'd love another toon to be able to wear it. Especially if I decide to delete that old toon. But that'd be game breaking, right?
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.