Thread: Omni-Tek needs you! [Contest]

Omni-Tek needs you! [Contest]

Welcome to the First Unofficial Contest of the 4th Wall! Hooray!

For those of you who have not been paying attention here is the super fast Summary:

• Some Omni-Tek Departments lack HQs [link]
    • Omni-Mine HQ is Located in Clon**** [link]
    • Omni-Mine has two (2) facades in Omni-1 HQ.[link]

What we're doing is having a brief essay contest to repurpose the two facades to provide new HQ Locations! Yay!

Prizes:
    • Two (2) Grand Prize Winners may select an HQ from the aforementioned list of orphaned HQs to receive one of the two door as their brand new HQ!
    • Unlimited number of runner ups will receive a hug from me IRL if I ever meet you.

Rules:
    • The Selected Department should not have an already established HQ. (Admin, Med, Trans, etc).
    • Essay should be between one to two paragraphs and explain why the selected department should have an HQ.
    • Contest will run until the end of February, or, until 2 weeks after the last post, whichever comes first.
    • Like Other Contests – Delivery of the prize is not guaranteed.

Judges:
    • I will be a Judge because it's my contest
    • The first player to PM me about being a judge will also be a judge.
    • Any ARKs or GM who PM me about being a judge will automatically be added.
    • Judges should not submit entries to prevent a conflict of interest.

Special Note - The HQ is nothing more than a plaque that pinpoints a location that would be the HQ. There should be No Expectation of an internal playfield as no other HQ (Except Omni-Mine HQ) contains an internal playfield.
    Last edited by Trousers; Jan 30th, 2012 at 19:03:27. Reason: Added Special Note
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

[Example]

I think Omni-Trans should have one of the two doors as an HQ. Omni-Trans as a department is by far the most important one on Rubi-Ka. Omni-Mine Mines Notums? Yes? But without Omni-Trans how Notums supposed to get off Rubi-Ka to be solds?

Selling the notums is very important I think this importance should be rewarded with an HQ.

Omni-Engineering

I think that one of the doors should be used for an Omni-Engineering HQ. First off, Omni-Engineering is by far the largest department operating on Rubi-Ka. It has two Sub Departments, and are responsible for setting up the first Notum mines on Rubi-ka. Another reason is that since omni-mine is one of Engineering's Sub Departments, it would be fitting that Engineering should replace omni-mine's door. Because of the things mentioned above, Omni-Engineering is one of the most important Departments in Omni-Tek and needs an HQ.
    Last edited by Mrmol1; Jan 30th, 2012 at 22:38:47.
    Omni-AF

In the corporate world, I've never seen the guts in the front, always in the back. Usually its PR/CSR/Administration in the front (but not limited to)

Trans would be in the back doing what dock workers do best, dropping packages. You can check out any major mail distribution or shipping center for common modern analogies.

I've sort of had a knot in my jeans when it came to admin completely having its own identity. I'm not sure what the benefit of that is. Administration is usually a specialized structure of its own, attached to and tailored by the management of their infrastructure related to internal systems (engineering/mining/etc). Having its own independent sanctum unattached to others seems sort of off to me. I like symmetry too much, I spose.

I'd look to this argument to get an idea, Probably one of my more fave topics.
    Edit: Oh wow... did someone edit the crap out of that thread? It used to be much larger and in depth.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Jan 31st, 2012 at 19:55:12.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Snip.
    Admin and Trans both already have HQs, you need to pick a different department or you'll be disqualified :P

I'm not technically entering. I'm a clanner. :P
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Only 5 days remain to Enter the contest (Timeout Rule). You don't have to be Omni to enter. Do your part to help develop the world and submit an entry today!