Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: January 2012

OK, since when do you get less XP for missions than dailies at levels under around 50? I haven't actually played lowbie for a while so I can't recall if a team missions gets to be like that.

Also, there were missions in AO at launch. Not team missions, but missions. And people would roll solo missions and duplicate the key. Because missions were still the best XP.

I just started playing Perpetuum. The tutorial tells you "this game is not for the lone wolf. Find other agents to team up with or you probably won't get far" ... AO needs to make that clear.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    OK, since when do you get less XP for missions than dailies at levels under around 50? I haven't actually played lowbie for a while so I can't recall if a team missions gets to be like that.
    One solo mission will fill ~20% of your xp pool on average (mission QL slightly above your level), whereas daily will fill more than 100%. And daily will probably be faster. Not to metion elite dailies...

Team missions would be way better than solo, but ever since I started playing they were never popular until level 130ish.
    Last edited by Thorneee; Feb 27th, 2012 at 10:38:54.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Thorneee View Post
    One solo mission will fill ~20% of your xp pool on average (mission QL slightly above your level), whereas daily will fill more than 100%. And daily will probably be faster. Not to metion elite dailies...

Team missions would be way better than solo, but ever since I started playing they were never popular until level 130ish.
    He said team missions. Solo missions I know are slower. On the other hand, you can do them all the time and they give credits and stuff, which dailies don't.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by BottingWorks View Post
    Server merge - No
    Graphics Engine - Hurry up, it will attract more players
    Advertising - I will donate $50 so you can advertise on Google.

I've just saved AO!

Haha nice post, but I am for the server merge. I really don't see any disadvantages to having one big server. Let's consider that AO when released it didn't have any expansions, but was built with an expected server population of about 100,000 people+ hence the reason why RK is soo massive with so many mobs you'll never train on. I think people are also forgetting gs's, that's a quickfix to the over population. There wouldn't be too many people in totw at once ever, because everyone is distributed between gs's. This server merge would help PvP in so many ways, all because more people. More people = more competition. Not just in BS but between Orgs, towers and even items.

I really can't way for the engine
    Last edited by MrMojoRisin; Feb 28th, 2012 at 02:24:21. Reason: I HAVE TO PERFECT MY INTELLECT
    OMNI-TEK

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    I really don't see any disadvantages to having one big server. Let's consider that AO when released it didn't have any expansions, but was built with an expected server population of about 100,000 people+ hence the reason why RK is soo massive with so many mobs you'll never train on. I think people are also forgetting gs's, that's a quickfix to the over population. There wouldn't be too many people in totw at once ever, because everyone is distributed between gs's.
    A server merge causes many problems, but overpopulation isn't one of them.
    If you can't figure the others out, it's because your short timespan here isn't enough to have actually played the game.

They're attempting to throw out too many promises at once, that's the bottom line.

THIS AND THIS AND THAT AND THIS!

Just tell us when you're going to be changing over to the new engine, after it's released, advertise Anarchy with the added attraction of the new engine. Wait 3 months and if the servers THEN aren't filling/ filled enough. Think about a Server merge.

Things like, only having one server to choose from on a MMORPG diminish the face value. If anything you should create more, so that the game appears to be more populated than it is and to give people one thing that all MMORPG's require, CHOICE.

That second idea is just a random out of the box, so please don't reply and attack it. Just for funzies yo.

Not sure why Funcom, a business, doesn't understand, after 11 years, how MMORPG's are marketed and attract players.

They seem to be stuck in some kind of time loop, where they just promise nothing forever in the hope we all love the game too much and for some reason all don't leave because nothing ever changes.

About marketing FAIL:

1. Download Game which is advertised on various sites as FREE MMORPG
    2. Lunch a luncher...
    3. See Add that there is 20% OFF for something or buy this and this to get that.

Haha, priceless fail. I mean, who ever will try to attract players (froobs in that case) haveing on main screen which said player will see, a PAID services at first? There is no hiden stars, just big as hell sign - pay us! PAY US! WE WANT YOUR MONEY!
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Actually Pomidor this game is quite good in that respect.

A lot of games now are created by Korean or other Asian programmers. The rights are then sold to American companies who release the game. These games are free to play but have Item Malls, these Item Malls usually offer large amounts of items that really help! A lot of people buy these items just to sell for in game currency, so it's basically legal currency purchasing.

They call them Item Malls MMO's. And they're a dime a dozen these days. The AO shop doesn't really have anything worth while apart from the Expansions to purchase. And you can get all the most powerful items without having to buy them in an Item Mall.

The game is MASSIVE in F2P, there are really no draw backs, as far as gameplay is concerned. Some games won't level you level past 30, won't release all skills, won't allow certain missions.
    So there's nothing wrong with that aspect.

The main things that turn players off games;

• Too complicated - AO is complicated but it's all about the tutorial and starting areas
    • Bad graphics
    • Lack of choice - Whether that be character aesthetics or class

Funcom obviously introduced those items for real money as the game population decreased and they needed ways to meet financial goals. That's no big deal.

They just really need to get their butt in gear, they clearly don't realise the quality of players they have and what a lot of other MMORPG's would give to have that. They're being ignorant and clearly arrogant. Someone should just approach another games designer to create a Anarchy Clone with a decent Graphics engine. Move everyone over there! Haha.

WTB February with Lindelu

Quote Originally Posted by Ensiside View Post
    WTB February with Lindelu
    She said tomorrow.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    About marketing FAIL:

1. Download Game which is advertised on various sites as FREE MMORPG
    2. Lunch a luncher...
    3. See Add that there is 20% OFF for something or buy this and this to get that.

Haha, priceless fail. I mean, who ever will try to attract players (froobs in that case) haveing on main screen which said player will see, a PAID services at first? There is no hiden stars, just big as hell sign - pay us! PAY US! WE WANT YOUR MONEY!
    You realise that all free MMOs do this? I don't know what rock you're living under.
    The Red Brotherhood

No, I dont - I dont play anyother games than AO :/
    Last edited by Pomidor; Feb 28th, 2012 at 15:32:04.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    No, I dont - I dont play anyother games then AO :/
    Do a bit of research before posting then
    The Red Brotherhood

Just to try and keep the +ve portion of the negative : positive ratio existing:

I logged on last night (Monday) and I saw great activity. A lot of players running around Borealis; activity in Old Athen with some GMs dressed as Yuttos.

There was alot of activity on TNET: tl7 NW, tl5 NW as well as PvM raids!

Active bot leaders make things seem so much more active.

I am talking about a tl7 POV though last night and not a lower character.

But, all in all, I was impressed with Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by 3246251196 View Post
    Seems SW TOR servers were down yesterday ...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Playing at the weekend I saw billboards advertising something other than GSP, Xyphos, or AO Universe. It was an actual film. KEEP IT UP! As a froob my eyes are always available to help pay my way with ads.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 3246251196 View Post
    Just to try and keep the +ve portion of the negative : positive ratio existing:

I logged on last night (Monday) and I saw great activity. A lot of players running around Borealis; activity in Old Athen with some GMs dressed as Yuttos.

There was alot of activity on TNET: tl7 NW, tl5 NW as well as PvM raids!

Active bot leaders make things seem so much more active.

I am talking about a tl7 POV though last night and not a lower character.

Yea, do not listen to the people on the forum, some (many ?) of them who don't even play anymore, and feel bitter when they remember with nostalgia what they call 'the great times of AO', and realize that most of the friends/people they knew at the time have left the game.

The population has indeed diminished, the game remains enjoyable nonetheless.
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

Talking So, Video?

Oh hai Lindelu! <3

Long time AO player here (10+ years) who has 6 accounts cos I love this silly game that much.

I think it is safe to say that I, like many others in these threads, feel somewhat lied to after about 5 years of broken promises at this point.

Lets look at the history of this graphics update ...

1. Initial Graphics Update in 2007 or w/e cancelled by FC

2. Decide to do Graphics Update in 2008 with Ogre (an outside FC engine)

3. Changed from Ogre to AOC engine (an inside FC engine)

4. Promised release of new engine for years now with no results

So it is now almost March 2012, and we dont have a new engine. Eve got one...

Not only that it is Feb 28, 2012 and in your January w/ Lindelu you said "We will try to get a video out in Feb". Now taking advantage of the fact that this is a leap year might have been the plan all along...

But still if you say "We will do X" (X= release new engine, release rebalance, release new player experience, re-market the game, etc), we kinda expect you to do it.

When you say "We will do X" and you DONT do it (in the case of the engine now for 5 years), how are we supposed to trust anything that is being said?

If a new video of the new engine isnt out by Feb 29, 2012 at 11:59:59 I am going to feel lied to. Its that simple, maybe if we hadnt had to go thru this 5 year process of being jerked around on these issues there would be a bigger reservoir of trust in what Funcom and their duly appointed representatives have to say.

I've played this game for 10 years and have 6 accounts so pretty obviously Im a fan. I have taken over that 10 years two 6 months breaks from AO while I tried WoW and AoC respectively.
    Currently I am playing Swtor with a big chunk of my AO guildies and friends. One of my 6 accounts also came due for renewal, which I did not do. I think after 5 years of being patient and waiting thru FCs repeated broken promises that at this point FC needs to prove that they are worth me giving them $95/yr for my now closed acct.

And that will go for my other accts as well, I have 6 accounts that I pay by the year FC.

GIVE ME A REASON TO KEEP THEM OPEN. RELEASE GRAPHIC UPDATE NAO PLX.

Thanks for your time!
    Innervoid 220 / 30 / 70 MA (sadly no longer teh main man cos MA haz no lub)
    Thedarknight 220 / 30 / 70 ADV (name reset FTW)
    Shrektehogre 220/ 30 / 70 KEEP (Prolly the Main, maybe)
    Enemywithin 220 / 30 / 70 AGENT (RAWR)
    Lastsamurai 220 / 30 / 70 SOL (6th 220 FTW!)
    Innerpeace 220 / 30 / 70 CRAT (First Calmer)
    Stargazer 220 / 30 / 70 MA DOC
    Abyssgazer 220 MP (8hr CM lubbin/all around MP gamp)
    Misterscott 220 ENGY / Deaconfroste 220 SHADE / Vforvendetta 220 ENF / Haljordan 220 Fix

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast