Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Test Patch Note: SL Garden Key Change

Been suggested before many times: scale Inf mission rewards so that a TL5 gets less/crappy XP while a TL7 gets a decent/good amount of SK.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    Been suggested before many times: scale Inf mission rewards so that a TL5 gets less/crappy XP while a TL7 gets a decent/good amount of SK.
    A hell of a lot better suggestion would be to scale up pen mission rewards so that the 160-210 crowd could get good effort/xp ratio from the zone where they're supposed to be.

And in the process change the SL mission system so that everyone who's able to pull the mission from certain zone would have the same reward. This eliminates the need for max level puller (fe. level 210 in pen or 220 in inferno), and makes making teams a LOT easier.

FC needs to stop using band-aid fixes and start curing the actual dicease. They need to address the reason why people skip zones instead of making skipping zones easier (or as you suggest, impossible).
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    A hell of a lot better suggestion would be to scale up pen mission rewards so that the 160-210 crowd could get good effort/xp ratio from the zone where they're supposed to be.
    Why not do both?

I don't think Inf rewards can be left as they are even if Pen XP was boosted significantly, because even if they matched Inf rewards a large proportion of the playerbase would figure "meh, I get the same reward by leeching in Inf and doing less work, so why go back to Pen when I can be lazy?"

On the other hand if you raised Pen XP so much that it surpassed Inf XP, yes you'd get people finally coming back to Pen, but with Inf XP being already OP for TL5 can you imagine how much more OP it would be in Pen if you did it this way?

Instead, I think a scaling down of Inf XP for TL5s coupled with a simultaneous boost in XP for Pen missions like you suggested would work best. I do not believe however that any non-daily rewards should be as large as Inf rewards currently are for people in the 160-190 bracket. It's insane.

And in the process change the SL mission system so that everyone who's able to pull the mission from certain zone would have the same reward. This eliminates the need for max level puller (fe. level 210 in pen or 220 in inferno), and makes making teams a LOT easier.
    No complaints from me here, agree with this completely.

FC needs to stop using band-aid fixes and start curing the actual dicease. They need to address the reason why people skip zones instead of making skipping zones easier (or as you suggest, impossible).
    I actually made a post about this in another thread, but I believe the reason why people skip zones is down to a population issue at its roots. Nobody likes feeling like they're always having to solo their way through empty playfields when playing an MMO, so people end up trying to level out of the deadzones as quickly as possible in order to reach a level range where there actually are other people to play with (ie. TL7). A boost in population would solve the issue of deadzones so that there is at least one less reason to skip a playfield.

But yeah I should've clarified earlier, a nerf to TL5 Inf XP alone won't fix the problem. In my head I was thinking "and boost Pen XP to make it more attractive than rushing to Inf at TL5" but I vaguely remembered someone else mentioning it already so I thought it was already covered. Looking back through the thread I could've been wrong; might've gotten it mixed up with a post I read in another thread.
    Last edited by Ahndra-Corvid; Mar 7th, 2012 at 14:45:16. Reason: I fail at forum code tags :B
    :E

Why not do both?

I don't think Inf rewards can be left as they are even if Pen XP was boosted significantly, because even if they matched Inf rewards a large proportion of the playerbase would figure "meh, I get the same reward by leeching in Inf and doing less work, so why go back to Pen when I can be lazy?"
    Well, i don't think anyone would invite a 160 toon to inf team if there was higher level alternatives on LFT. And if the need for 220 puller was removed there would be plenty of 200+ people doing inf missions constantly. I don't see anything bad in the ability to pull a friends lowbie alt through a few inferno missions every now and then.

If it was possible for the 160-200 crowd to pull their own missions in Pen and get comparable XP with reasonable effort, i'm sure there would be more of that happening too.

On the other hand if you raised Pen XP so much that it surpassed Inf XP, yes you'd get people finally coming back to Pen, but with Inf XP being already OP for TL5 can you imagine how much more OP it would be in Pen if you did it this way?
    The trick is in the xp caps. Iirc the current reward for 220 inf easy is about 90k SK. Now if the reward from 210 pulled Pen easy would be, lets say, 50-60k SK, it would be the same for the low end of the people in pen (as in, capped xp), but after a certain level, like about 202-205 i think, it would be more beneficial to go to inferno.

However the 50-60K reward would be so much less for the 210+ crowd, that they wouldn't want to go back to Pen. The pen missions already are just about as long to complete as the inf missions are, if not a bit slower in some cases when there's a lot of certain high resist, high hp mobs in them. But it would still allow the highlevel friends helping out their lower level orgmates in pen missions, and still get a little something for research etc.

Personally i'm sick and tired of powerleveling. I hate pocket teams with a passion. Where's the fun in that? I like to actually play the game, and i really hope that i'm not the only one feeling this way. But even after saying that, I wouldn't want to completely remove the possibility of doing that.
    Well, nasc and ely pocketing is something that really needs to go, but not before the other leveling methods and issues get addressed.
    Last edited by Aeliniyah; Mar 7th, 2012 at 15:13:51.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Stuff about Pen vs Inf Missions
    I completely agree.

This would be my suggestions:

1. Remove the "we need a puller" issues. All Pen missions are "210". All Inf missions are "220".

2. Rescale pen missions so a hard is the same difficulty as a current inf easy. Rescale awards accordingly, with cap being set for level 210.

3. A current Inf Hard is the new Easy. Actually, forget that. Add PANDE missions for mixed-faction teams. Inf Hard is the new Pande Easy.

Solved.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 7th, 2012 at 19:55:15.
    Because Race Yalm

Well, i don't think anyone would invite a 160 toon to inf team if there was higher level alternatives on LFT.
    True- it's a symptom of population not playstyle.

If it was possible for the 160-200 crowd to pull their own missions in Pen and get comparable XP with reasonable effort, i'm sure there would be more of that happening too.
    You can pull missions in Ado, Pen and Inf solo if you have key for as many capped missions as you want.

The trick is in the xp caps. Iirc the current reward for 220 inf easy is about 90k SK.
    No the key is team ranges. It would eliminate all this hoopla if 210-220 was teaming range. BAM no more 160's in Inf. But that won't be possible unless FC scraps the mentoring system they want to put in game.

Personally i'm sick and tired of powerleveling. I hate pocket teams with a passion. Where's the fun in that? I like to actually play the game, and i really hope that i'm not the only one feeling this way. But even after saying that, I wouldn't want to completely remove the possibility of doing that.
    Well, nasc and ely pocketing is something that really needs to go, but not before the other leveling methods and issues get addressed.
    Keep in mind some people don't want to grind ely or ado hecks and want to play end game content. If you prefer the low to mid lvl stuff keep rolling tl5 alts, but don't try to impose upon players that have done it till their eyes bleed. I've played 6 toons up to 220 and no way on earth I would do ely-ado hecklers EVER again. I would do dailies, solo missions, dungeons dual logged, and quests untill i got in range of my IG molar.

Now that aside for a moment, what really bugs me is hearing complaints about pocket teams etc. is the fact that the item store is going to be selling level boosts up to 199 sooner or later. WTF will you complain about then? People who pay real world cash instead of in game credits for lvls? What about a mentoring system when it's implemented will that bother you also? I see no reason to worry about how other people play AO. Don't be a hater. Play your way and to each his/her own.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I completely agree.
    1. Remove the "we need a puller" issues. All Pen missions are "210". All Inf missions are "220".
    Solved.
    Instead of this, make the mission guy ask the same 3 questions that set the ql.

pen:
    E - 190
    M - 200
    H - 210

inf:
    E - 220
    M - 235
    H - 250

Or something similar or with adjusted ql's. This way it doesn't matter who pulls, anyone that can pull (205+ for inferno) can be the puller for the team.

On a related note, I recently started a team with my 214 alt pulling an easy for some lvl 160-190 chars and we ran through a few missions without much trouble and the reward was around 50million or something which at the time at 180ish I was capped at 10 million.

I do not believe however that any non-daily rewards should be as large as Inf rewards currently are for people in the 160-190 bracket. It's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    No the key is team ranges. It would eliminate all this hoopla if 210-220 was teaming range. BAM no more 160's in Inf. But that won't be possible unless FC scraps the mentoring system they want to put in game.
    You misinterpreted what s/he meant by "trick". We can give pen missions rewards that are the same as inf for tl5s. The trick is that mission reward XP caps at 20%, so a huge reward isnt really that beneficial. You are of course right that inf missions are great for tl5s because they get a 220 to pump out xp for them.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

A quest or mission should have a fixed reward independent of the level of the player. That way players will do them when they can/want and feel no pressure to do them at any specific time. Inferno missions or key quests included.

Diferent quests/missions with different difficulty levels should ofc give different rewards.

The bracket that needs improvement is 90-160 and not 160+. Everyone I have ever known ingame, myself included, hates this level range the most. (and I am not talking about how easy it is to level in a kite team /afk w/ 220 pockets -> but a real team in this level range)

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    The bracket that needs improvement is 90-160 and not 160+. Everyone I have ever known ingame, myself included, hates this level range the most. (and I am not talking about how easy it is to level in a kite team /afk w/ 220 pockets -> but a real team in this level range)
    All level ranges need improvement.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678