Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Test Patch Note: SL Garden Key Change

Test Patch Note: SL Garden Key Change

What does this mean?

Adjusted XP rewards in Shadowland Garden Key Quests to more approperiatly scale with intended level ranges, and token rewards will no longer be available from these quest lines.
    I know a lot of people save their SL key quests for TL7 to try to speed up the leveling process a bit. What level ranges will be impacted by this change?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Suppose they'll use the max level used by the zones' doja chips.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

A "max level" for a key would be silly. Sounds more like they're reducing the SK you get from the key quests, so no point keeping them until you're 219 anymore.
    Executing Nano Program: Gift of Assurance. Target has not enough nano controlling units (NCU) left. Swordbreaker: Not enough NCU. O_o Fixichong: FFS Fixichong: ive failed as a fixer Fixichong: i quit

One of the first of those people who put the Infused Dust Brigade Engineer Pistol (2,7k ME/EE making req) + Infused Master Engineer Pistol on the same Engineer before any updates that fixed anything (including the original sync issues inside the DB instance), lolz!11

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I know a lot of people save their SL key quests for TL7 to try to speed up the leveling process a bit. What level ranges will be impacted by this change?
    Yea that's not really a desirable situation from a design standpoint. Nerf XP reward on the quests, make them useful for lowbies. Look at high end in a different patch. If anything is needed done there. Which I guess it is since the game gets to be so top-heavy now. I should go read that post by Ilalya over in Reet's where they talk about leveling speed.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I am fine with nerf XP from Quest rewards. Not only I had situation, where I was merrery playing with few nice players, then went to do 2 quest, and daily, and found myself out of range to team with them anylonger. I would also like to see adjust for researches 9/10 along with such nerf.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

While I appreciate everyone's viewpoints.. I still don't have an answer to the question.
    You can find me at:

All level ranges, as there are keyquests for all level ranges? But of course higher lvls get affected more by a loss of XP reward. So a gradual slope of affection...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

It prolly means that a lvl 205+ won't be getting his mega blubber power boost from a simple Nasc key quest. So, saving your quest till you are to high lvl in respect of the task at hand won't benifit no more. Simple said , They 're nerfing it... Or would this fix be to obvious and long overdue?

started doing the quests on my 215 solja as soon as i read this

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    It prolly means that a lvl 205+ won't be getting his mega blubber power boost from a simple Nasc key quest. So, saving your quest till you are to high lvl in respect of the task at hand won't benifit no more. Simple said , They 're nerfing it... Or would this fix be to obvious and long overdue?
    Yea there's still not enough grind in AO anything to slow leveling has got to be good right.
    stuff

While I too would like a direct answer, the 'waiting until mid 200's' to get keys is kinda irksome on occasion;
    • ~"Let me log my alt to loot that, ofc he has no keys and needs to run from X, hold play field/stop going further kay!"
    • ~"Sure I'd love to come do DR/Alp/etc, ofc I have no keys, wait 20 mins while I get there plx."
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Pen doesn't have reward at the moment.

Scheol, ado sanct to go...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Still wondering if any Funcom employee will comment on this.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    While I too would like a direct answer, the 'waiting until mid 200's' to get keys is kinda irksome on occasion;
    • ~"Let me log my alt to loot that, ofc he has no keys and needs to run from X, hold play field/stop going further kay!"
    • ~"Sure I'd love to come do DR/Alp/etc, ofc I have no keys, wait 20 mins while I get there plx."
    silly Merit. don't you know you're supposed to level in a medsuit with xp guns on /follow and only gear once you hit 220?

Ado G, Pen G/S and inf G keys are must-have, so I'm usually do it ASAP on my toons - at level ~130, ~160 and ~170. With 6 220/30/70 + 2 200/30/68+ still have only 1 Scheol G, 0 Ado S, 0 of any Nansc/Ely keys. But still don't see anything wrong with saving these key quests till 215+ to get max SK/research from doing it.
    Problem highlighted by Merit shall be solved by showing list of keys someone have in LFT and "t" windows instead of nerfing quest rewards.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

I think the reward should be based off the level of the zone and not the toon.

That way there would be no punishment for doing your keys when you need them, and if they made the rewards high enough on the high end keys they could make it so you don't actually get less sk from all the quests than you would if you saved them all until endgame right now. Everyone wins, and yes leveling gets slightly easier but I think at least inf keys deserve to give huge rewards ;p

About them taking tokens from the rewards, ok who cares ^^

Inferno keys should give you the equivalent of a daily mission reward after every pocketboss kill in my opinion. Farming those PB's can be annoying/time consuming.
    You can find me at:

Keys should not be nerfed to the level of the zone their in, most keys take much longer than a daily mission, some take longer then doing a few. If their nerfed it will be pointless doing a majority of them. Scheol, Ado, Pen, Ely, Nasc aren't needed once your 201 except for the sk reward, before that you dont even need to get them due to nobody doing any of the zones. Once your done in Ely you can just go to Inferno and save, then hit 201 and use LoX.

Carlonel, I think the situation where entire zones are being neglected by the playerbase is not the desired state. To say that because something is broken that no attempt should be made to fix it is a rather backwards perspective.

For a start, people are more likely to use a zone if they have the garden key at the level that the zone is intended for, as it makes travel significantly easier.

Secondly, from a design perspective, if people are not doing a quest in the level range intended then perhaps the quest needs to be altered.

Looking forward to seeing what the changes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Auct View Post
    Carlonel, I think the situation where entire zones are being neglected by the playerbase is not the desired state. To say that because something is broken that no attempt should be made to fix it is a rather backwards perspective.

For a start, people are more likely to use a zone if they have the garden key at the level that the zone is intended for, as it makes travel significantly easier.

Secondly, from a design perspective, if people are not doing a quest in the level range intended then perhaps the quest needs to be altered.

Looking forward to seeing what the changes are.
    Besides the quest lines in the zones, the only thing that ever gets killed are ado hecklers. To resolve this they will need to nerf hecklers in general and stop people from being able to kite or get as much xp from them. You can get high enough in ely to get to inferno without having to do anything int he other zones. Not many options to fix this other then what i said above and nerf hecklers, or nerf NTs.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast