Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Test Patch Note: SL Garden Key Change

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Nah, that isn't the reason. People are going to inf at 160 now removing the need for Ado.
    I mean the fact that it takes them like 20 mins longer to get there now :[
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

It makes perfect sense to adjust garden key rewards. It's the only way to prevent people from intentionally skipping useful stuff (their garden keys) in favor of getting a crapload of XP later.

I think garden keys are essential for SL, and it's bad design to favor those who decide not to get them until at near endgame. So they're fixing the design flaw. I wouldn't go as far as to call e.g. Scheol quest rewards to be anywhere as essential and as such don't really see a tight bonding of this decision to other quests.

Of course it could be that they're trying to promote teaming by eliminating these sk-o-mats :tinfoil:

Then again a third view for these "other" quests is, they're really best enjoyed at intended level ranges content-wise - if you exclude some interesting design decisions such as Ado quest dryad and tower keeper, certain mobs in Scheol quest, Penumbra Alappaa, etc etc that can require a high level helper instead of a functioning team of the proper level.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I think garden keys are essential for SL, and it's bad design to favor those who decide not to get them until at near endgame. So they're fixing the design flaw. I wouldn't go as far as to call e.g. Scheol quest rewards to be anywhere as essential and as such don't really see a tight bonding of this decision to other quests.
    Except it's a player decision. The inconvenience of not having the key in exchange for additional SK later on. It's called balance.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Except it's a player decision. The inconvenience of not having the key in exchange for additional SK later on. It's called balance.
    I can understand you here, but people not having keys they would have gotten if they weren't saving them for sk makes teaming harder for everyone, waiting ages for people to run from ely or pande to get to simple things like ado hecks or alappaa. Teaming is already hard in this game, no need to kill it more by breaking teams because people have to go before half the people can even get there.

You pay for the convenience of having keys by putting the effort in to do the quest, you shouldn't have to pay for it in sk too. I usually get keys early on, and don't personally mind leveling slower at high levels because of it. But it doesn't make much sense to me to scale the rewards based on level, since you do the exact same job no matter when you do them.

I think FC should keep the TOTAL amount of sk gotten from keys/quests at about what a 215 toon would get from them though (so while they low level quests give a lot less, the high ones give more) to keep all the people that are currently complaining about them happy, as they would still get the same boost from key quests if they saved them until 215+ as they get now. They would just lack keys at lower levels due to masochism, but that's their choice.
    Last edited by Seoin; Feb 9th, 2012 at 04:52:26.

I am not sure I see why FC is making this change for the SL garden key quests. I did two Scheol keys yesterday to help out one of my smaller toons and guildmates. We did the Roch key and Roch Sanctuary keys, my 'main' is 215 and had only done the Ocra keys previously.

It did not take too long to do the regular key, probably about an hour with all the running around, but that does not count any of the preparation time collecting pattern pieces, novictum and filled crystals. However, this is still more time than it takes a 215 to do a 'daily' mission. My 215 received the equivalent of two daily missions for a similar amount of time spent doing the regular key as doing two dailies. So why make the change FC?

We took a break and then we started the Roch Sanctuary key. This key took at least 2 hours maybe three ... I should have set a timer, it felt like it took 'forever'. In the end one of the members of the team did not even get her key as the spawn of the 'defiled pattern' did not work correctly. This sanctuary key I would estimate took the time of 6 or 8 daily missions to complete ... even if my 215 had solo'd it so she did not have to wait for her guildmates to run the distances and mezz the spirits I think it would have still taken multiples of the time spent on a 'daily' mission. This key also got her the xp/sk reward equivalent to 2 daily missions. So why the change FC?

Unless I am missing something here and Scheol is not a good example ... the garden keys or at least the Sanctuary garden keys take way longer to finish than the equivalent time spent to complete two daily missions and/or an inferno mission. I don't see the need for any change to the xp/sk rewards ... it is not like we can repeat the garden key quests over and over.

Maybe there is room for adjusting the xp/sk for title 7 players who save the Nansence and/or Elysium keys, but Scheol and on up take appropriate amounts of time to complete to be comparable to two daily missions. Usually much longer than two daily missions take to finish.

Also, I suspect the time I spent was shorter than most because being neutral I don't have to deal with as much aggro at the temples, etc. as a sided toon would.

Unless there is some 'bug' that gives 219 players way more sk per garden key than 215 players receive I don't see any need for changing the rewards for garden keys.

Colrian

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    Unless I am missing something here and Scheol is not a good example
    It's a terrible example, as it's one of the worst keys to get
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post
    I am not sure I see why FC is making this change for the SL garden key quests. I did two Scheol keys yesterday to help out one of my smaller toons and guildmates. We did the Roch key and Roch Sanctuary keys, my 'main' is 215 and had only done the Ocra keys previously.

It did not take too long to do the regular key, probably about an hour with all the running around, but that does not count any of the preparation time collecting pattern pieces, novictum and filled crystals. However, this is still more time than it takes a 215 to do a 'daily' mission. My 215 received the equivalent of two daily missions for a similar amount of time spent doing the regular key as doing two dailies. So why make the change FC?

We took a break and then we started the Roch Sanctuary key. This key took at least 2 hours maybe three ... I should have set a timer, it felt like it took 'forever'. In the end one of the members of the team did not even get her key as the spawn of the 'defiled pattern' did not work correctly. This sanctuary key I would estimate took the time of 6 or 8 daily missions to complete ... even if my 215 had solo'd it so she did not have to wait for her guildmates to run the distances and mezz the spirits I think it would have still taken multiples of the time spent on a 'daily' mission. This key also got her the xp/sk reward equivalent to 2 daily missions. So why the change FC?

Unless I am missing something here and Scheol is not a good example ... the garden keys or at least the Sanctuary garden keys take way longer to finish than the equivalent time spent to complete two daily missions and/or an inferno mission. I don't see the need for any change to the xp/sk rewards ... it is not like we can repeat the garden key quests over and over.

Maybe there is room for adjusting the xp/sk for title 7 players who save the Nansence and/or Elysium keys, but Scheol and on up take appropriate amounts of time to complete to be comparable to two daily missions. Usually much longer than two daily missions take to finish.

Also, I suspect the time I spent was shorter than most because being neutral I don't have to deal with as much aggro at the temples, etc. as a sided toon would.

Unless there is some 'bug' that gives 219 players way more sk per garden key than 215 players receive I don't see any need for changing the rewards for garden keys.

Colrian
    This was my thought exactly. We have dailies that take less than 2 minutes to complete - why is this such an issue now? For those that worry about folks to team with - you should be complaining about the daily missions, cause they require no teams and are what most of us are doing with our lowbies to level. Log on - do 4 dailies - log off - log next toon - rinse and repeat.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    It's gotten a lot easier since they fixed the drops on pattern pieces at least.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    It's gotten a lot easier since they fixed the drops on pattern pieces at least.
    I've never had a problem. Then again I farmed a backpack full of those patterns ages ago.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 9th, 2012 at 07:35:23.
    Because Race Yalm

It did not take too long to do the regular key, probably about an hour with all the running around, but that does not count any of the preparation time collecting pattern pieces, novictum and filled crystals. However, this is still more time than it takes a 215 to do a 'daily' mission.
    You expect that content designed for lvl 100-130 should be as fast/SK rewardous as daily for 215? I dont understand you...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I've never had a problem. Then again I farmed a backpack full of those patterns ages ago.
    But are you clan or omni ? Because the only mobs that used to drop the pattern were Redeemed so clans had to bugger up their faction in order to get pattern pieces firstly, and then the drop rate still sucked somewhat.

Pretty easy these days, just farm at Temple Bog, and if you've got a char that's done the Scheol Quests there's a device you get that you can hand to the Yutto by where you enter Scheol from Elysium along with 3 pieces of the pattern, and he'll hand you back a complete one.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I'm a bit confused. My impression had previously been this change was only going to affect the key quests, but the patch notes say this:

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    • We have modified XP rewards for Shadowlands Quests to offer maximum benefits to players of the intended level range of the zone.
    So my question is are all quests affected (ie. including Ado brain, Pen Xan, Scheol Yuttos, Inf Tours, etc.) or is it just the garden key quests?
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    I'm a bit confused. My impression had previously been this change was only going to affect the key quests, but the patch notes say this:

So my question is are all quests affected (ie. including Ado brain, Pen Xan, Scheol Yuttos, Inf Tours, etc.) or is it just the garden key quests?
    wtf? when and where was this mentioned? Don't tell me i have to rush through that crappy scheol quest now to get all the SK goodness before they drop this on live?
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    wtf? when and where was this mentioned? Don't tell me i have to rush through that crappy scheol quest now to get all the SK goodness before they drop this on live?
    As I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    [...snip...] the patch notes say this:
    And if you click the little arrow icon next to lindelu's name where I've quoted her, you get taken to her full post here:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...77#post6042777

:P

This will be pretty crappy if they've ninja-introduced the nerfs to the other SL quests when they had just mentioned they were going to just do the garden key quests.

I'm hoping lindelu just missed the word "Garden" in those patch notes statement...
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Meh, I can understand why they've done it to be fair. I'm in the same situation you are where I've been saving those quests until after TL6 because they are a nice source of SK that doesn't require me to grind Inf missions or wait for daily lockouts, and yeah it's gonna feel like a wasted opportunity. But as someone else mentioned earlier in this thread the game already feels kinda top-heavy lately, so a move to encourage more activity at lower levels is understandable even if it means I personally lose out a little.

If this is the intention then I agree with and support the principle. My only concern is that at those "intended levels" some of the SL playfield quests are difficult for a team of that level to do. Take Ado Brain for example. I'm not sure if even a full team of TL5s would be able to handle Muddy Dryad on their own...

What were you all thinking doing quests for sk!? Get back in those inf missions where you belong!

I fail to see why this was needed at all. After doing a zillion bar tours, enigma dogs, Rats!, and other ridiculously easy daily missions, I don't know what harm a couple key quests on my TL7 makes, most of which were more interesting, took more time and skill than stupid dailys.
    Last edited by Rossco; Feb 9th, 2012 at 14:24:49.
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

How retarded do you have to be.

Again and again and again FC nerfs stuff that had no reason to be nerfed.

"Don't fix what isn't broken" - Someone should get the dev team to paint this all over the office so maybe it sticks, because this is f*cking stupid.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

It was not broken and its not fixed - its jsut adjusted to apropiate level ranges, so those who are in fact in playfield range get best gain, while higher characters wont get such powerfull benefit.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    It was not broken and its not fixed - its jsut adjusted to apropiate level ranges, so those who are in fact in playfield range get best gain, while higher characters wont get such powerfull benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    [Social] Michizure: For example:
    Nascence Mission Reward
    This item will give you 1 level if you are below level 60 and 203500 xp if you are above level 60.

(with patch now on Testlive)

203500XP is 203.5SK.

That is 1 Inf Easy mob. That is a nerf. That is a MASSIVE nerf.
    Last edited by Raggy; Feb 9th, 2012 at 16:13:48. Reason: Derp missed the .
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast