Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Test Patch Note: SL Garden Key Change

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    203500XP is 2035SK.

That is 2 Inf Hard mobs. That is a nerf. That is a MASSIVE nerf.
    hehe it's 203.5 sk isn't it

I'm sure it'll end up being a nerf, but will have to wait to look at the rewards of every key and quest to find out for sure

""We have modified XP rewards for Shadowlands Quests to offer maximum benefits to players of the intended level range of the zone.
    Players beyond this level range will receive an appropriate amount of XP/SK relative to the overall difficulty of the zone. Displaying the reward from the mission window will tell you how much XP/SK you will get for completing the quest. ""

Well I hope this means a wider level range than that used for doja chips ... for example I don't think a team of level 120 - 130's should be expected to be able to do the Scheol quest or the Scheol Sanctuary keys without outside help ... so the expected level range for these quests should go beyond level 130 ... maybe to level 150 or so. Yes, the regular Schoel garden key should have a level range of 100 - 130 ... but not the sanctuary keys or the 'scheol scientist quest'.

I think this would be true of all the zones ... the sanctuary keys and the yuttos/scientist quest lines are much to difficult for a team of zone appropriate toons to do alone.

Also, please make the 'item needed to progress in the key/quest' automatically spawn in your inventory if it is a drop from a special mob/npc the team must kill ... like spawning and killing Miller for example. If we must be in teams of only 'appropriate' level range we should not have to kill Miller 6 times to finish the key quest.

Colrain

""We have modified XP rewards for Shadowlands Quests to offer maximum benefits to players of the intended level range of the zone.
    Players beyond this level range will receive an appropriate amount of XP/SK relative to the overall difficulty of the zone. Displaying the reward from the mission window will tell you how much XP/SK you will get for completing the quest. ""

""Displaying the reward from the mission window will tell you how much XP/SK you will get for completing the quest.""

This part of patch notes is False ... it does not display anything about the reward in the mission window ...

For example: the dalja sanctuary key quest mission ...

"" The Lost Diviners.

Obtain the blueprint of a demon, then return to Visionist Bhotaar-Hes Dal.

He said the blueprint can be found on ghosts or spirits.

Realtime left: 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes.
    Reward:
    None ""

If you are going to reduce/nerf the rewards for higher players the mission should tell us at the beginning of the quest what the reward will be, not wait until the last step to reveal the nerf. Or at least state at the beginning of the quest what the "appropriate" level range is.

Colrain

And are you sure it is in fact wrong? And that none is not exactly the reward you'll get?
    Elandor 220 Sol Doc
    TheMister 201 Opi Adv
    Marlboro. 220 Opi. trd
    Smokeey. 220. Atr Sol
    SimBusiness 214. Opi Crat
    Skitzee 150 Sol Fxr
    Venom01 200 Sol Agnt
    Capricuus. 214. Nm. Eng
    Diammond. 176. Nm. Nt

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    How retarded do you have to be.

Again and again and again FC nerfs stuff that had no reason to be nerfed.

"Don't fix what isn't broken" - Someone should get the dev team to paint this all over the office so maybe it sticks, because this is f*cking stupid.

QFT. this nerf was totally unneeded, it didn't impact the game in any way that i could see. i think a better use for your time would have been adjusting the research caps. personally, I've never bothered to complete all research on any of my 220s because it's such a boring task that shows little not no accomplishment while doing it at the 9 and 10s
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

So fc decided to fix something that was not even broken? How about give players a tiny bit more warning before nerfing the hell out of something that was quite useful when nearing a benchmark in levels where teams are hard to come by?

Yet another stupid change.... Thanks.

This game will be completely fixed, and everything will work exactly as the Devs want them to, just at the moment the door slams shut behind the last player.
    Last edited by Loucretia; Feb 9th, 2012 at 21:30:52.
    stuff

Nice! I was glad when I read this change. There's no "balance" with the key quests as Raggy suggests. The fastest leveling scenario is to simply skip key quests. Its so frustrating when people I team with dont have a pen key to get to alapaa, or they dont have an ado key for DR. It even annoys me that I dont have it, because its best to wait till 215+ to begin those quests.

There wasnt really much choice in my opinion, it was more like "take this annoying route". So I'm glad to be able to do key quests at appropriate levels without any regret again.

But I am concerned about the xan civilization questlines... I am in favor of those quests being toned down so players can do them without tl7 help...This change just means we are more expected to do these quests at a lower level (which they cant be).
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    .... It even annoys me that I dont have it, because its best to wait till 215+ to begin those quests.
    There is a choice to make. If you are going to do content that needs a key you should get the key. If people want to team for something that needs them to have the key to get there then they should get the damn key.

The reason that you and many others wanted to save the keys was because it cuts down the increasingly dull grind at 215+. Now you can get your keys earlier and... things will be harder later. Where's the win?
    stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    Nice! I was glad when I read this change. There's no "balance" with the key quests as Raggy suggests. The fastest leveling scenario is to simply skip key quests. Its so frustrating when people I team with dont have a pen key to get to alapaa, or they dont have an ado key for DR. It even annoys me that I dont have it, because its best to wait till 215+ to begin those quests.

There wasnt really much choice in my opinion, it was more like "take this annoying route". So I'm glad to be able to do key quests at appropriate levels without any regret again.

But I am concerned about the xan civilization questlines... I am in favor of those quests being toned down so players can do them without tl7 help...This change just means we are more expected to do these quests at a lower level (which they cant be).
    Maybe FC should do something about the fact nobody can level past 215 then because:

a) There is nobody to team for Inf Missions
    b) Nobody enjoys Inf Missions
    c) Dailies are a once-per-day boost
    d) There is no other option for levelling

The reason we all kept our keys and quests was because the game is impossible to play right now. With this change you won't be seeing the pink writing for a long damn time because nobody is going to be hitting 220.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Figured this would happen.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Tough up, once we did outdoor hecklers in inferno to level!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Tough up, once we did outdoor hecklers in inferno to level!
    yeah, and people used to use wagons to cross the country, it does not mean things did not need to be improved.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Colrain View Post

""Displaying the reward from the mission window will tell you how much XP/SK you will get for completing the quest.""

This part of patch notes is False ... it does not display anything about the reward in the mission window ...

For example: the dalja sanctuary key quest mission ...

"" The Lost Diviners.

Obtain the blueprint of a demon, then return to Visionist Bhotaar-Hes Dal.

He said the blueprint can be found on ghosts or spirits.

Realtime left: 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes.
    Reward:
    None ""

If you are going to reduce/nerf the rewards for higher players the mission should tell us at the beginning of the quest what the reward will be, not wait until the last step to reveal the nerf. Or at least state at the beginning of the quest what the "appropriate" level range is.

Colrain
    Quote Originally Posted by ElandorOo View Post
    And are you sure it is in fact wrong? And that none is not exactly the reward you'll get?
    Yes, I am sure it is wrong, ....

This is the first stage of the Dalja Sanctuary key quest ... the end reward is the key plus some unknown amout of xp/sk.

My point is that if FC is reducing the end reward xp/sk for these keys and apparently all SL quests based on your level, it should say so at the first stage of the very long quest ... not at the last step.

Colrain

one would think that getting random inf team is more likely when you are higher than 210 than before.

219->220 isnt really that horrible grind now. no need to stack hecklers or anything.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

This has to be one of the worst ideas FC has come up with in a long time, I did a test earlier on to see how long I could sit on lft as a 220 crat lft for inf missions and didn't get any bites after 2 hours and that was late afternoon / early evening UK time...either the rewards for the higher level "appropriate" quests for a 210+ player need to be adjusted (read increased) to make up the short fall or more/repeatable quest lines are going to need to be introduced. The fact that so many people stockpile as many quests as they can for the higher levels shows that levelling to 220 is categorically broken as it currently is. Address the entire problem by providing us with a way to get to where we want to be, once you do that sure go ahead and nerf the hell out of the low level quest rewards. Don't just make the problem even worse than it currently is.

Saying "toughen up princess" is not good enough, not by a long shot. If levelling in missions / hunting out doors was fun, challenging or had some variety then I'd be all for it, but seeing as its just a painful grind with no fuzzy feeling factor at all it's just not good enough to say to put up with it. I've been there, done that and have zero interest in doing it again. I expect to have to work for my levels and the time it takes some of the quests you at least feel like you learn the sk, but really grinding inf hecklers / spirits / missions is not the solution. Removing the sk rewards from these quest lines is a game breaker, given that rk2 population at least is pitiful. At least you get a bit of a storyline as you go - perhaps you shouldn't let people skip ahead in conversations again?

Surely there must be some creative solutions out there that can be implemented prior to making the grind to 220 longer. Make team level provide an active xp buff, if anyone afk's for more than 5 mins it drops back to normal for you to start building it up again? Hunting party missions in inf that gain you patterns for the garden keys and give sk rewards? I don't know...something, anything to make things less of a repetitive grind.

One opinion that I think is worth mentioning is that daily missions are actually partly to blame, they are the benchmark that people use to measure their productivity against. It's easier for people to spend their 2 hours doing dailies on 8 different toons than it is to actually form a team and do the SL team based content. They actively encourage people not to team, but are seen as the saviour of the game? Funny stuff...

Key quest I can see, but others who will now do Scheol ones again?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Code:
    AOID 295120: Scheol Mission Reward (QL 1)

This item will give you a percentage of a level if you are below level 130 and 4015760 xp if you are above level 130.

So, if i understand this correctly and if these rewards are now used in all quests in the said zone (instead of only the key quests) we now get a nice 4k SK rewards from doing that awful (and in most cases completely useless) PoS quest after level 130? Right? And Who's ever going to do ANY quests in scheol before lvl 130 anyway unless doing a very specific twink? With such low runspeeds the quest takes days to complete and is boring as hell.

It just went back to being mostly skipped content.

And 7,3k SK rewards from Adonis quests above level 160. WTF are you guys smoking?

Thanks FC for making it easier not to log in!
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

So is anyone going to do those other quest just because some "nice" to have stuff... This is step in wrong way...

Keys I can see they help, but other...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

FC devs just make sure that no one will bother with such quests any more. As was said earlier in this thread, maybe one day AO will work exactly as developer team think is right, but there won't be players anymore.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast