Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: non-grenade critsetup

I found the tipping point where the amep+idbp crit over damage setup ODs the amep+pehwer dam over crit setup is if you get crit osbs. Without those, the +dam setups will perform more consistently in a perk/gear config that aims for a lot of dd but retains some survivability.
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    I don't know what this result does for your opinion of me or Ella
    Come now, your both pistol engineers so you know my opinion can not be any lower, the only way you can go is up!

but according to our little round of testing yesterday against Umbral Prisoner, he OD'ed me by a grand total of 8k DPM.
    Hmmm, perhaps you had slackerella? If I recall muha was the type of person who need a CM and a wrangler + arith just to get bots out (granted this was back when sacrifices had a larger negative impact) - theoretically ella should be farther ahead no?

All I meant by it was sure there is a 'best dps' set - but some sanity has to play into it (using dust boots for nanoskills or comm relay, etc) being able to get up and running in a reasonable amount of time was very valuable to me since I tended to solo a lot. (and by proxy survivability)
    Last edited by Takun; Mar 6th, 2012 at 18:28:11.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    All I meant by it was sure there is a 'best dps' set - but some sanity has to play into it (using dust boots for nanoskills or comm relay, etc) being able to get up and running in a reasonable amount of time was very valuable to me since I tended to solo a lot. (and by proxy survivability)
    Everyone knows that engis are only logged on to either: trade skill, supply blockers, or spam DD in raids.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    Everyone knows that engis are only logged on to either: trade skill, supply blockers, or spam DD in raids.
    you forgot about attending GSP Sprkly Parties wearing only red male thongs.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    you forgot about attending GSP Sprkly Parties wearing only red male thongs.
    Too easy...
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    I didn't think I would need to quantify my statement but I guess I need to. What I meant was back when people still played (so like 2007).
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Whoever said crit setup sux with pistol obviously have no experiance with engies...

1. FA+AEMP+add dmg setup = Best DD for raid where mobs die fast ( arid farm aliens,pande with large number of players etc )

2. AEMP+DB Pistol+crit setup = Best DD on mobs with large HP such as zods/beast/Collector etc.

Peh'wer sux compared to DB pistol and AEMP. Also i prefer engis pistols cause i can swap from pure PVM DD setup ( AEMP+DB pistol ) to pvp ( Lust+ Troler or whateva the name is ^^ ).
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Whoever said crit setup sux with pistol obviously have no experiance with engies...
    Depends on the pistols you're using.

1. FA+AEMP+add dmg setup = Best DD for raid where mobs die fast ( arid farm aliens,pande with large number of players etc )
    As mob HP and ACs go up, FA loses its edge. Once you're talking about boss mobs you're actually doing worse.

Aliens are where Bugburger setup really does shine, though, at least against the little guys. Bosses not so much.

2. AEMP+DB Pistol+crit setup = Best DD on mobs with large HP such as zods/beast/Collector etc.
    Compared to Bigburger, yes, this will be true.

Peh'wer sux compared to DB pistol and AEMP.
    Not really.

Compared to a min-max setup with peh'wer or mk6, idbep will only beat it when you have a proper balls-out crit setup. If you don't want to use an EOE and crit huds then you're better off with min-max.

What you're forgetting is that either a crit or FA build require extra sacrifices to get the right things where they have to be to make it worth using. A min-max setup lets you be abit more flexible while still pushing the upper limits of DD.

Also i prefer engis pistols cause i can swap from pure PVM DD setup ( AEMP+DB pistol ) to pvp ( Lust+ Troler or whateva the name is ^^ ).
    And I prefer the mk6 so I don't have to be so swap-happy compared to other setups

Bottom line, with any of these setups, when all is said and done, you're looking at a max-DPM disparity of somewhere around 10k at best. Pretty trivial when we're talking about numbers in the 400k+ range, IMO.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 8th, 2012 at 23:48:21.
    Because Race Yalm

Jesus Major u just quoted my entire post with 0 useful information...

Ofc crit setup depends on pistols ur using we are talking about end game engi with end game pistol and ofc if ur going pistol + crit setup u wont use pher'wer or craphander or whateva...

I say "fa gun ftw with low hp mobs" u quote that and say how FA doing less dmg on booss and high acc mobs, every setup/wep will do less dmg on high AC mobs so that's so unimportant.

And yes rly Peh'wer sux compared to DB pistol and AEMP. And yes we are talking about crit setup, its the name of the thread and u again talking about something else what no one ever asked about...

And AEMP+DB pistol in crit setup is best DD compared to any setup engi can use not just comapred to bigburger if u disagree plz contact me ingame and make any setup u like and we will test it out.

And hows crit setup big sacrifice ? Ok FA yes u need FA impl to be effective but crit setup needs only EOE ( which most ppl use in pvp anyway if they got 300 ql ) and few swaps u can do w/o any problem.
    Last edited by MyGift; Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:18:00.

You need to calm down.

Theres too many things wrong with your post for me to respond to on my phone, but the main one is that the thread is indeed discussing crit setup....compared to other setups.
    Last edited by MassDebater; Mar 13th, 2012 at 09:26:06.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    You need to calm down.

Theres too many things wrong with your post for me to respond to on my phone, but the main one is that the thread is indeed discussing crit setup....compared to other setups.
    And i was talking about crit setup didn't i?

OP:

"im thinking on using the casual critsetup (like most of the grenade engis) but preferably with pistols or RE. tho pistols look better: amep + db pistol

does anybody have any experience on this? or just if you know something lemme know please"

So guy wanna know about pistol crit setup. I said my opinion on crit setup based on my exp. ( i rly tested every worth trying DD setups shens,granade,pistols,big burgers and fa etc )

Wasnt me who was talking bout pointless crap like AC on mobs/pher+wolf and add dmg setup etc.

p.s. plz tell me what i said wrong in my previous post ( one explaining differences BB+add dmg vs AEMP+crit )
    Last edited by MyGift; Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:01:52.

@Stage: DOOO IIIIIIT

Ofc crit setup depends on pistols ur using we are talking about end game engi with end game pistol and ofc if ur going pistol + crit setup u wont use pher'wer or craphander or whateva...
    You're the one who started talking about FA w/Dmg vs DB w/Crit

I say "fa gun ftw with low hp mobs" u quote that and say how FA doing less dmg on booss and high acc mobs,
    You're the one who mentioned pande.

every setup/wep will do less dmg on high AC mobs so that's so unimportant.
    True, to a point. Higher min dmg means you lose less.

And yes rly Peh'wer sux compared to DB pistol and AEMP. And yes we are talking about crit setup, its the name of the thread and u again talking about something else what no one ever asked about...
    And I was talking about peh'wer/mk6 with +dmg setup. Which doesn't suck.

If this thread is only about crit setups why even mention full auto then?

And AEMP+DB pistol in crit setup is best DD compared to any setup engi can use not just comapred to bigburger if u disagree plz contact me ingame and make any setup u like and we will test it out.
    403k DPM selfbuffs only (not even raid buffs) on umbral prisoner, and I'm still a little slacky. Have at it.

Ella could most likely OD me with his idbep crit setup. You, I'm not so sure you're there yet.

Truth be told, with an attitude like that, I don't really care whether you do or not. My opinion of you now doesn't change.

And hows crit setup big sacrifice ? Ok FA yes u need FA impl to be effective but crit setup needs only EOE ( which most ppl use in pvp anyway if they got 300 ql ) and few swaps u can do w/o any problem.
    Crit gear tends to not be as easy to swap around as other choices. And yes you do every bit of it to OD a min-max dmg setup.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 13th, 2012 at 10:53:29.
    Because Race Yalm

{removed}
    Totally relevent when you're not telling the whole story. It's called critique. And it's more for the OP's benefit than either of ours.

You also said peh'wer sucks with absolutely no context. peh'wer in dmg setup does not suck.

idbep, on the other hand, does indeed suck and won't hold a candle to an all-out min-max setup when the 'only crit gear you have' is an EOE. You need calcs and scopes for it to really be worth using (I'm assuming we're talking about the usual setup otherwise. mostly CC for armor. dchest for dmg, db chest for crit). And that couldn't be more true.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 14th, 2012 at 20:35:30.
    Because Race Yalm

Totally relevent when you're not telling the whole story. It's called critique. And it's more for the OP's benefit than either of ours.

You also said peh'wer sucks with absolutely no context. peh'wer in dmg setup does not suck.

idbep, on the other hand, does indeed suck and won't hold a candle to an all-out min-max setup when the 'only crit gear you have' is an EOE. You need calcs and scopes for it to really be worth using (I'm assuming we're talking about the usual setup otherwise. mostly CC for armor. dchest for dmg, db chest for crit). And that couldn't be more true.
    OP was asking about crit setup with pistols. That means he dosn't want min max setup that means he want crit setup, when i said peh wer sux it was ment in crit setup since thats what we r talking about.

P.S. idk why u make sucha fuss about crit setup, its proly the most easier and cheapest setup out there since u need DB armor, viral unit, EOE and ur set...(even w/o calc,SF,alb crit ring its pretty nice )
    Last edited by MyGift; Mar 13th, 2012 at 22:07:38.

OP was asking about crit setup with pistols. That means he dosn't want min max setup that means he want crit setup, when i said peh wer sux it was ment in crit setup since thats what we r talking about.
    Then why did you even mention full auto if this is "all about crit setup"? I'm still confused.

P.S. idk why u make sucha fuss about crit setup, its proly the most easier and cheapest setup out there since u need DB armor, viral unit, EOE and ur set...(even w/o calc,SF,alb crit ring its pretty nice )
    Scopes aren't that easy to live with unless you're clan soli.

Aside from combat chest and boots, DB armor is not DD armor. Yes, your damage will still look "pretty nice" compared to other professions but still far from the top as far as engis go.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 13th, 2012 at 22:31:09.
    Because Race Yalm

Then why did you even mention full auto if this is "all about crit setup"? I'm still confused.

Aside from combat chest and boots, DB armor is not DD armor. Yes, your damage will still look "pretty nice" compared to other professions but still far from the top as far as engis go.
    I mentioned BB cause alot of ppl was comparing it and even saying its better DD then engi pistols in real crit setup.

And DB armor ( to be more precise Combat Chest, Sleeves, Pants ) is the best armor for crit setup not for add dmg setup , jesus learn to read. And yes IT IS DD ( DMG DEALER ) armor if ur going for crit setup.

{removed}
    Last edited by Anarrina; Mar 14th, 2012 at 20:36:40.

I mentioned BB cause alot of ppl was comparing it and even saying its better DD then engi pistols in real crit setup.
    All 3 setups have already been talked about man.

Like I've already said, too, it's possible to make idbep OD peh'wer/mk6...but not with your halfassed idea of "crit setup".

And DB armor ( to be more precise Combat Chest, Sleeves, Pants ) is the best armor for crit setup not for add dmg setup , jesus learn to read. And yes IT IS DD ( DMG DEALER ) armor if ur going for crit setup.
    Aside from chest it's +1 crit per piece. Compared to what you get from CC that's still garbage. Even crits can miss without enough AR. Poor man's DD gear then.

Ur one of those who just dosnt wanna stop and wont admit they r wrong, instead they are twisting others words and trying to justfiy ur opinion.
    LOL

I rly dont care anymore ur awsome ur mr right fof come on rk 2 ill first beat the **** out of u in duel then ill od u on any mob u pick.
    Yeah yeah you keep thinking that.

Bye bye now.
    Because Race Yalm

Usually when people ask about the effectiveness of something, you discuss it in reference to it's alternatives...
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Perhaps I should go a little further.

Hello MyGift, and welcome to the Workshop! You'll find it a stimulating and enjoyable environment in which to have thoughtful discussions on all things engineer-y, and where you may avail yourself of the opinions of many of Rubi-Ka's finest and most experienced and accomplished engineers, while enriching us all with your own contributions.

Also there's Xyphos.

It is not altogether unusual for people to develop strong opinions based on their experiences in and knowledge of the game, and oft we're compelled to express these with vibrant enthusiasm. As grand as this can be, there are some guidelines which successful posters tend to observe which could benefit new posters and serve to enhance their enjoyment of this healthy low-fat product. I shall hint at some of these in the form of hypothetical examples.

"I believe my position concerning the superior option is supported by the following damage logs, taken over three minutes while wearing the above-mentioned equipment." is appropriate.

"lol u suk dun beleive me come do DD war" is not.

"I believe I have made my point and have no wish to further contribute to this spirited debate as I feel the meaningful components of my posts are being overlooked." is appropriate.

"Man just quit plz im tired of answering on ur stupid posts." is not.

Clearly stated opinions backed by demonstrated facts and calmly presented as a rebuttal for something said by a previous poster are appropriate.

Replies told by an... engineer, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing, are not.
    Last edited by -Stage-; Mar 14th, 2012 at 06:29:44.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage
    Does that mean I win a cookie, since I am clan soli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast