Thread: Gauntlet Nerf to Fixers

Gauntlet Nerf to Fixers

I realize that the Gauntlet is starting to become old news, but I still want to throw this out there for FC's consideration.

With the introduction of NCU Infusers, endgame fixers got big nerfs to PvP and team PvM.

1) More NCU to go around has more or less ruined the effect of Hacker's Signet Ring of the Apocalypse. (The effect is a temporary reduction of NCU, with the intent to stop people from buffing themselves with coon or TMS/AMS, etc)

2) The team NCU buff is a major source of appeal of fixers for team play, especially for those big raids where everyone wants extra NCU. Now that fewer people need the NCU, this appeal has greatly diminished.

I don't have any immediate ideas in mind for #2, but could the Hacker ring please get an appropriate upgrade? If not a full -120 more NCU, at least SOMETHING?
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Meh, FC pretty much decided that NCU shouldn't exist at TL7 when they added the gauntlet stuff, they want everyone to be able to fit every buff there is, without any sacrifice in doing so
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

No sacrifice? If I want more than 600 NCU on my enf, I do have to make sacrifices. The really good deck items with nice skill bonus dont come with excessive NCU. Of course I can get more NCU, but then I'd have to lose defense or some of the skill adding LoX NCU.

Have you actually been rejected by somebody with the reason given "nobody needs your NCU buff and thats all you're good for!"?

As for your Ring issue. Are you serious?
    ಠ_ಠ

I would think being seen as an NCU dispenser would be a stigma most fixers would want to break...
    Because Race Yalm

I'm not gonna complain about my fixer possibly feeling redundant because of this after playing my MP for so long. This doesn't even seem worth being upset about in comparison.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    No sacrifice? If I want more than 600 NCU on my enf, I do have to make sacrifices. The really good deck items with nice skill bonus dont come with excessive NCU. Of course I can get more NCU, but then I'd have to lose defense or some of the skill adding LoX NCU.

Have you actually been rejected by somebody with the reason given "nobody needs your NCU buff and thats all you're good for!"?

I've not been rejected in such a manner, of course that's ridiculous. But in the past I've been invited to teams because they needed NCU buffage, certainly. To be honest, I'm not particularly peeved about this issue because I'm assuming it's "working as intended" from FC's point of view (it's pretty hard to not think of this implication when dousing everyone with 120 more NCU at least).

As for the ring issue, I'm perfectly serious. It used to actually screw people over if I timed it right. I've started asking people lately how much spare NCU they have since I was feeling like the ring did nothing, and lo and behold, the ring really does end up doing nothing because of the excessive NCU these days. It's not uncommon for people to have over 500 NCU spare, I'm finding, depending on the profession.
    Clan for life

Great orgs:
    -Defenders of Rubi Ka (PvM)
    -Devil Inside (PvP)
    -Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by jijie2 View Post
    have no make stone to for sword we make sword box for sword to put sword in for sword ?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post

my crat runs around with almost 800 ncu selfed you're doing something wrong if you can't scrape past 600

EDIT: i've actually complained about this before when the ncu's first came out. glad to see im not the only one having problems.
    Last edited by Lazy; Feb 10th, 2012 at 12:42:21.

Enforcer:
    Deck 1 - Infused Morphing Mem - 120 NCU
    Deck 2 - Infused Yutto - 125 NCU
    Deck 3 - Infused Coolant - 120 NCU
    Deck 4 - Infused Yutto - 125 NCU
    Deck 5 - Infused CPU - 120 NCU
    Deck 6 - Infused Compiler - 0 NCU
    Xan Alpha Ear - 37 NCU
    Xan Alpha Leg - 15 NCU
    Xan Alpha R-Wrist - 22 NCU
    Base NCU - 8 NCU
    LE Research - 4 NCU

That's 696 which is reasonable. For more can always swap out Infused Yuttos & Infused Coolant Sink for LoX Mems for an extra 71 + 71 + 76 = 218 NCU + 696 = 914 NCU. But I really like some crit decrease, and the Coolant Sink is for casting layers without being interrupted if I'm debuffed or don't have rage up.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

you can easily lose one of the yuttos for a 6/6 xan ncu without feeling a lick of difference in crit reduction. just fyi.

Replace the 2 yutto NCU's with a Modified Aggression Enhancer and a DB Evade NCU and you end up with a whopping 571 NCU
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    my crat runs around with almost 800 ncu selfed you're doing something wrong if you can't scrape past 600
    Like I care about your crat. My Soldier can sport almost 900 NCU. Does that matter to my enforcers setup? No. Stop talking.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Replace the 2 yutto NCU's with a Modified Aggression Enhancer and a DB Evade NCU and you end up with a whopping 571 NCU
    I forgot about the DB Evade NCU I'm even wearing on mine lol, but the Modified Aggression Enhancer is situational and Solitus only so I wouldn't call it standard fare.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP