Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: re: Billing Database Maintenance when From?

just been reading a post about the merge they had in mind a guy on there sugested that all rk citys be scrapped and had instanced city instead and also be able to buy directly from gms and also put more tower sites in where old citys would have been i think buying from gms would be a great idea saves alot of running/flying around to get stuff u need think icity would be good idea cos wouldnt be sure how they would deal with that issue if they did decide to merge any other ideas how they could do it??? and wot do you guys think about the merge/icity/buying directly from gms ???????

Quote Originally Posted by docleanne View Post
    just been reading a post about the merge they had in mind a guy on there sugested that all rk citys be scrapped and had instanced city instead and also be able to buy directly from gms and also put more tower sites in where old citys would have been i think buying from gms would be a great idea saves alot of running/flying around to get stuff u need think icity would be good idea cos wouldnt be sure how they would deal with that issue if they did decide to merge any other ideas how they could do it??? and wot do you guys think about the merge/icity/buying directly from gms ???????
    Its not a bad idea but yet still I dont want a merge from servers

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    Its not a bad idea but yet still I dont want a merge from servers
    here we go agein.
    this is now i post i disagree etc

just think it would be better for pvpers also if they did merge bye bye omni tl7 towers if they do merge tho

I want the downtime to be added on my running accounts as I pay for uptime, not downtime, therefor if I payed for a year on march 2nd, i want my account rather to close on march 4th, see my point?
    so for half a day of down time, you want 2 days extra time ?

greedy
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf2k7 View Post
    Always the same cant they do anything right?? Every time there's downtime they have never actually come back online at time they say.
    In my 4 years of playing I would say that downtime is less than stated at least 95% of the time. While occurences like today aren't optimum, they are a rare, rather than a usual occurence.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    so for half a day of down time, you want 2 days extra time ?

greedy
    No, I stated clearly that for the average 2-3 days a YEAR, I want them to be added to my playtime which I payed for, I didnt ask for 2 days per half day downtime

But you do pay your subscription with the expecation that the funds will be put into improving and maintaining the game.

I would say this is one of those times....

That been said...come on already!
    Varsbot
    Variable004

down time is a good thing lets people relise there is life outside of ao

Assuming you paid $95 for a one-year subscription you end up paying just over one penny, USD, for each hour in the year. If you want to rage against the machine for a dime and a nickel go right ahead...except....

It is unreasonable to expect that an internet-based service (like an MMO) has an up-time of 100.00%. Assuming that the FC servers are down for 6 times per year for 6 hours each that works out to a 99.589% up-time. Even if it were an excessive once-per-month-for-6-hours-each it'd work out to a 99.178% up-time, entitling you (and I use that term loosely) to six bits.

For the record, I'm not playing fanboi, just "bag radar."
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Assuming you paid $95 for a one-year subscription you end up paying just over one penny, USD, for each hour in the year. If you want to rage against the machine for a dime and a nickel go right ahead...except....

It is unreasonable to expect that an internet-based service (like an MMO) has an up-time of 100.00%. Assuming that the FC servers are down for 6 times per year for 6 hours each that works out to a 99.589% up-time. Even if it were an excessive once-per-month-for-6-hours-each it'd work out to a 99.178% up-time, entitling you (and I use that term loosely) to six bits.

For the record, I'm not playing fanboi, just "bag radar."
    If its not much for us, its not much for them either and nowhere in the payment it states that I'm paying for downtime, sure it doesnt state that I'm paying for uptime only either, but if the few times it is down, the playtime is extended with a 1:1 ratio, no offense, thats not too much to ask, especially for people who cant always play, the downtimes always fall into the time that I CAN play... its not too much to ask indeed

If its not much for us, its not much for them either and nowhere in the payment it states that I'm paying for downtime, sure it doesnt state that I'm paying for uptime only either, but if the few times it is down, the playtime is extended with a 1:1 ratio, no offense, thats not too much to ask, especially for people who cant always play, the downtimes always fall into the time that I CAN play... its not too much to ask indeed
    You can be sure then, that FC would extend your play time, but only at times you cant play
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

How am I suppoused to give money to FC I get message:
    The Funcom Billing System is currently down for maintenance.

Please check back after 5pm GMT.

On register.funcom.com Isn't it already past 5pm GMT?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I want the downtime to be added on my running accounts as I pay for uptime, not downtime, therefor if I payed for a year on march 2nd, i want my account rather to close on march 4th, see my point?
    Last I checked paying a yearly sub was 12 * 30 day installments and not 365.25 days. Could be mistaken however.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

There's really no reason to whine. They gave ample notice that there would be a downtime. Asking for a refund is ridiculous. You accept the EULA every time you play AO, meaning you understand that "...all fees are prepaid and non-refundable" (5, sentence 3). Its really not that big a deal, but a few years back they added an XP bonus to outdoor mobs to make up for the 2 day downtime. They could always do something similar (or better) to keep the whiners quiet >.>
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

If its not much for us, its not much for them either and nowhere in the payment it states that I'm paying for downtime...
    Hmm... I think we found a starving troll.

Other than that... you are buying the software "as is", which means you are paying for downtimes intended for service optimization.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    There's really no reason to whine. They gave ample notice that there would be a downtime. Asking for a refund is ridiculous. You accept the EULA every time you play AO, meaning you understand that "...all fees are prepaid and non-refundable" (5, sentence 3). Its really not that big a deal, but a few years back they added an XP bonus to outdoor mobs to make up for the 2 day downtime. They could always do something similar (or better) to keep the whiners quiet >.>
    1. I aint asking for a refund, i'm merely asking for an extension because of the downtime, especially since its always during my gametime.
    2. I aint whining, I'm discussing something that frustrates me because of reason 1

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Hmm... I think we found a starving troll.

Other than that... you are buying the software "as is", which means you are paying for downtimes intended for service optimization.
    There's nothing to backup your arguement

I also dont know who started the 'Troll' phenomenon but it is simply pointless 'flame'-replacement
    The only reason people like you reply is to aggitate others.
    we're merely discussing the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer01 View Post
    {removed}
    Oh hey, i'm too. But just because the whining is uberly strong in this thread.

A "maintenance" can be everything from optimizing stuff to adding new features.
    Let this be a security update to billing site. VERY welcome.
    May it just be they fix some randomly borked stuff. Welcome as well.

I'd rather see everything working well after one big downtime, than having a loads of small ones interrupting my playing at random times.

Quote Originally Posted by docleanne View Post
    down time is a good thing lets people relise there is life outside of ao
    THIS!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 16th, 2012 at 21:09:18. Reason: forgot to add cheers! since we're in beer mood

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I'm taking a nap in a minute and pulling an all-nighter tonight to play AO. Servers should be back up at 7:00pm (I think lol) where I live. Anyone else care to join me in my all night (or day depending on where you live) party?

There's nothing to backup your arguement
    you mean beside's the EULA that you agree to every time you login to game?

Quote Originally Posted by The EULA you didn't read
    WE PROVIDE THE CD-ROM, THE SOFTWARE, THE ACCOUNT, THE GAME AND ALL OTHER SERVICES "AS IS". WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the CD-ROM, the Software, the Game or your Account.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast