Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: re: Billing Database Maintenance when From?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf2k7 View Post
    Always the same cant they do anything right?? Every time there's downtime they have never actually come back online at time they say...
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=594911
    back up after 56 minutes in a planned 4h downtime.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=594243
    back up after 1h 26mins in a planned 4h downtime

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=574500
    back up after 1h 22 mins in a planned 4h downtime

These are just random examples of Maintenance downtimes. We're more spoiled by
    short downtimes than extended ones.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Now that they are revamping their account pages, I hope they remember to get a proper "Logout" link instead of the easily missed text-only one in upper left corner, far away from anything else.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    Now that they are revamping their account pages, I hope they remember to get a proper "Logout" link instead of the easily missed text-only one in upper left corner, far away from anything else.. :-)
    It better be something like layer ads rendering the rest unusable :P

But true, that tiny text link is a joke.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post

Rofl...

The first link you posted reads:

"This maintenance is necessary to fix an issue related to the update earlier this week. The version number will remain 18.4.11."

Edit: And the second also "This maintenance is required to fix some issues related to the update earlier today."

Quote Originally Posted by docleanne View Post
    down time is a good thing lets people relise there is life outside of ao
    nah, for downtime, there's forum !!
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanana View Post
    Rofl...

The first link you posted reads:

"This maintenance is necessary to fix an issue related to the update earlier this week. The version number will remain 18.4.11."

Edit: And the second also "This maintenance is required to fix some issues related to the update earlier today."
    Sure, but still way less than the "estimated 4 hours"
    Was rather expecting some1 to be picky bout the missing seconds :P

(crap, trollshield up!)

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

Yeah, they should totally screw up every update so they can over perform on mainenance updates...oh, wait...they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you mean beside's the EULA that you agree to every time you login to game?
    Does your EULA say anything about discussing a suggestion on the forums?

And the 'services' in your copy do not describe that we pay for downtime
    We also paid for the software before we paid for the online playtime, 2 different things still
    nevertheless, merely a discussion of a suggestion
    Nowhere did I state that it SHOULD, nowhere did I even state that it is written so in EULA
    Although his arguement is not SPECIFICALLY in the Eula, its merely 'implied' under a wide parameter

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    Does your EULA say anything about discussing a suggestion on the forums?

And the 'services' in your copy do not describe that we pay for downtime
    We also paid for the software before we paid for the online playtime, 2 different things still
    nevertheless, merely a discussion of a suggestion
    Nowhere did I state that it SHOULD, nowhere did I even state that it is written so in EULA
    Although his arguement is not SPECIFICALLY in the Eula, its merely 'implied' under a wide parameter
    1) it's not *my* eula. it's the eula *you* agree to every time you launch the client
    2) this isn't the game suggestions forum, this is the 18.4 update forum. therefore this thread is a "im bitching about the patch" thread and not a "this is what i suggest we do to improve the game" thread.
    3) irrelevant
    4) you're asking for free playtime. the eula says you don't get free playtime. if you want to make a suggestion feel free, but what you wrote sounded more like bitching than suggesting.

That's just standard practise, i'm an IT Technician and we do this all the time

"Your computers broken? Ok, it'll be fixed by tomorrow"

Even if you're planning on fixing it today, if you do get to fix it today, it makes you look good for getting it done a day early, if you fix it tomorrow, you look good for meeting your target. So by saying "4h downtime" they're covering themselves incase it takes longer than necessary, even though it usually lasts an hour or so. But sometimes, you run into unexpected hiccups.

So personally, i'm not too bothered by this downtime (even though I was half-way through keeling a towerfield when the servers went down!)
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Complaining about 6h downtime is understandable. I am not thrilled by it.

However,

the billing system had major flaws in it and needed revamping.

I have friends that haven't been able to logon for months because their transactions hang and won't go through.

Dat be sum seari'uhs doontiemz yo.

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    cool stuff
    Aye, true. Im a programmer myself and rather pick long term deadlines (i can surely fullfill) than short ones. But well, we know the business of keep staying in a good light.

I can even understand a customer's point of view in stuff taking longer than expected (the whining). But sometimes, and im sure you can agree, it CAN take longer than expected, because the target system works slightly different than your 'laboratory' environment.

It basicall comes down to: "s**t happens". It happens all day, in every way of life and everyone is affected by it.

And you just have to deal with it. And really.. an evening w/o AO?
    Good time to do stuff you usally aint do

Apart that. I dont miss a thing, since RK1 OT-OOC has not such a quality drama like here.

/me likes

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

Everybody should go out on the net if you're so addicted, like Tikra says - find some weird stuff for others to enjoy while we wait ^^ - my contributition :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp2tQ75pTD0
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Aye, true. Im a programmer myself and rather pick long term deadlines (i can surely fullfill) than short ones. But well, we know the business of keep staying in a good light
    like the balance and engine deadlines?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    lol :P
    thats another topic worth way more drama ^^

f**k.. rl caught me... nn crybabies, trolls and the very few mental healthy people left here.
    It was seriously way more fun than just logging into AO tonight.
    Who cares bout engines, when forums provide the fun you expect :P

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

Wow i don't think ive ever seen someone so disgruntled for not being able to play because of a downtime. I think i would rather have a safer billing site than have anything exposed, sure you have a life and rarely get to play ao, but understand they dont work around your schedule. sheesh. And Tikra has a valid point, some things do take longer then expected, i thought we all figured that out when we became adults...
    Scempio General of Midnight Society

wondering if they will extend it more :P

Guessing their web/game coding is equivalent to an old rusty car. You fix one thing, and as you start to put it together the muffler falls off. You bolt the muffler back in place and knock a hole in the gas tank with your wrench :P
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuoal View Post
    Wow i don't think ive ever seen someone so disgruntled for not being able to play because of a downtime. I think i would rather have a safer billing site than have anything exposed, sure you have a life and rarely get to play ao, but understand they dont work around your schedule. sheesh. And Tikra has a valid point, some things do take longer then expected, i thought we all figured that out when we became adults...
    I've seen way worse.

And, as an adult you also come to expect companies to follow through with deadlines, or you can use the ever handy chargeback. FC has a horrid rapport with BBB and credit card companies due to horrid customer service and large amounts of chargebacks. Would not be hard to get your money back. Though being able to play again after you calm down might be a bit harder.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

true, but i dont think its worth going through the hassle to get one extra day of play. maybe if it was more then 2 days it would, maybe..
    Scempio General of Midnight Society

How about free paid points for use in the cash shop store as a customer service issue. 7h of unplanned dt (1h longer than the original scheduled maintenance on top of a 'oh just login servers are down... we had to restart servers...') due to 'oh we didn't expect issues correctly' or 'omg I didn't know hamsters could blow up'

Its pretty evident someone dropped the ball here, and it wasn't the paying customers.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Feb 16th, 2012 at 22:43:44.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast