Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: re: Billing Database Maintenance when From?

Because every time something happens, we need a scapegoat...?

Sometimes things just happen. A little insight into what happened would be nice, but demanding compensation for something that could have been out of their control is rather greedy and arrogant, honestly.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Theres a thing called SLA ...but i bet funcom doesnt have anything like Cobit or ITIL implemented on their Corporation

How about after every downtime the first 10 people to logon get 10 tradeable instalvl tokens and the next 10 get 5 and the next 30 get 1. That way all the people anxiously awaiting for their life to restart have a reward for their impatience :-)

gotta love forum bitching makes my day really does keep bitching up guys im enjoying my self here too much btw when was game surpost to be back up 10-10:30pm ???

I'm glad that FC doesn't run any nuclear power plant.

"Alright, we're gonna just restart this... OH SHI-"

btw celeb juice on go go go watch it

Quote Originally Posted by Troxkeep View Post

That made my day
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Uranium working as intended!

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    I've seen way worse.

And, as an adult you also come to expect companies to follow through with deadlines...
    True, but MMOs are so much different than your normal product/service. Essentially by playing AO you accept that you cant legally expect anything... Deadlines are more for our assurance rather than expectations, as the eula entitles them to as much downtime as they need

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post

Sometimes things just happen. A little insight into what happened would be nice, but demanding compensation for something that could have been out of their control is rather greedy and arrogant, honestly.
    Completely agree. I'm sure we will get a brief explanation of what happened when lindelu has her update, if not its no big deal. If the devs do decide to give us something (paid point, XP bonus) it's not because they should, but rather because theyre nice. That being said, Can i haz a ACDC funcom? pweeeeeeaaase?
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

wooooooooooot servers back up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha this made me laugh
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Demanding and asking for aren't the same thing. Maybe you sould re-read it.

lol and then you see a bunch of guys in white coats running and yelling "GODZILLA!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    True, but MMOs are so much different than your normal product/service. Essentially by playing AO you accept that you cant legally expect anything... Deadlines are more for our assurance rather than expectations, as the eula entitles them to as much downtime as they need
    But thank you for attempting to tell me things I already know. Deadlines are what they are and your opinions upon a convention doesn't change that. The Eula allows them total control of this game and we choose to pay for their service. We can decide to cancel our subscriptions or keep them. Here's another form of a deadline for you, your account must be paid by X date, if you don't do so, it is frozen. It is merely a talking point. The expected downtime's are almost never exact -> they are cut short, or run over. This downtime is a bit more unique than typical downtime's and maintenance.

I'm not sure what mmo you are referring to, surely not all the formerly p2p that have gone f2p due to customer demands. I think I covered that in 'customer service issue' hence -> unexpected thing since there was no advanced warning about the game server downtime, only login servers, and we're sorry as a show of gratitude we're giving all active accounts 200 paid points. I don't even expect an ingame t-shirt that says 'dt inc(tm)'

I still see this as an improvement on 'give us/refund us game time'.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Feb 16th, 2012 at 23:46:53.

Pure gold

ROFL:>
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

so now servers arnt up till 12pm gmt lawl and hi rik

hiya o/
    [GM]: Is there anything else I can assist you with for now?
    To [GM]: lol can you tuck me in bed please im tired xD
    [GM]: Haha, that's a new one! :P

Rikaria 220/30/63 NT sent to bio matter reprocessing
    Strinarry 220/30/61 Crat eat you heart out hotbars
    Emmantion 200/30/58 Fix is it dead yet >.<
    Kamiashi 200/00/00 Soldier (froob) spoilt child

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by docleanne View Post
    so now servers arnt up till 12pm gmt lawl and hi rik
    The original posted extension was a bit misleading. The first ETA was supposed to be for noon EST / 17:00 GMT. Then we posted an extended downtime of 7 hours to put us at Midnight. Unfortunately, it was mentioned the extended period started at 15:30 GMT, meaning 7 hours from 15:30 as opposed from 17:00. When we extend downtimes, it's supposed to extend from the current estimated uptime, which in this case was 17:00

So, the current eta is Midnight GMT (17:00 + 7 hours extension) unless otherwise stated.

They are lying to us!

New Engine , Rebalance , Parry and Riposte fix.

Its all going live today!!!

The customers don't need a scapegoat, as it is no way their fault. The company has the responsibility to have it up. So they would be the one needing to name a scapegoat. Your use of "scapegoat" in this case is highly flawed.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Tarib .. "The maintenance downtime has to be extended by 7 hours (starting 15:30 GMT). This is due to additional testing and maintenance work needed."

Famine.."Just to clarify, the estimated uptime for the scheduled maintenance is at 7pm EST / Midnight GMT."

I think you will find that the estimated uptime for the scheduled maintenance is 17:00 gmt. The estimated uptime for the unscheduled maintenance is midnight GMT.
    stuff

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast