Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: re: Billing Database Maintenance when From?

Quote Originally Posted by Loucretia View Post
    I think you will find that the estimated uptime for the scheduled maintenance is 17:00 gmt. The estimated uptime for the unscheduled maintenance is midnight GMT.
    nit-picky as hell, but still funny
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Hi Famine,

I must admit that I noticed more than the added delay the sig:

Glen 'Soulwish/Famine' Swan
    Senior Assistant Community Manager
    “Conveying player feedback and communication between the developers and the community”

There has been a notable lack of communication from the devs after the recent nerfs. Is there something you could do from your position to correct that please?

Quote Originally Posted by Xephonics View Post
    nit-picky as hell, but still funny
    I imagine Fam just pulled a few hairs out.

wow... midnight est now

LOL great job FC, though i must at least give credit for prompt updates in the downtime thread.
    Last edited by Xephonics; Feb 17th, 2012 at 00:38:09.
    Limdul - Shade / Sammybear - Doctor / Swakhammer - Enforcer / Puriel - Fixer / Kalutika - Nano Technician / Tengen - Adventurer

Funcom employee

wow... midnight est now

LOL great job FC, though i must at least give credit for prompt updates in the downtime thread.
    Well as I said, this is due to complications beyond our control. It happens sometimes and we are working with external partners to speed up the process.

"We dont known whats happening"

Downtime during downtime added to downtime while waiting through downtime.

Can anyone else hear Means laughing from the distance while playing his magic horse MMO? Those 4 year olds are too young to bitch about downtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Well as I said, this is due to complications beyond our control. It happens sometimes and we are working with external partners to speed up the process.
    Was it a hosting company mistake, or was it a FC "uh-oh" and you are now waiting on the hosting company to reboot/fix the servers?

Not trying to bust your b***s, just kind of curious if it was truly out of your hands or not.

Suggestion for amends

Well the latest downtime has extended a lot.
    I suggest that as a bit of a restoration of goodwill in the community Funcom do the following:
    1. Revert the latest change in xp/sk from quests.
    2. Fix s10 so that ICE drops, bounties drop sometimes and relays drop more often (the s10 nerf caused heavy inflation in case that went unnoticed).
    3. Give 10 instalvl tokens to all those kind enough to post on the forum while being so patient.
    4. Give all the FC staff who have been working for what must have been a horrendous 16 hour day a day off to recover and a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by famine View Post
    the servers burned down. We're rolling back to pre sl
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

the downtime is just an FC ploy to get the forum posting numbers up...been pretty quiet around here lately.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Fam's too disciplined to respond to that, it will be Lind's call on what gets said I would think.

Regardless of who is to blame, the AO staff are the ones that get to do damage control.

Can we expect some uptime event like giant Koala bears storming Bor /s OI OI OI OI and dropping Angus Young outfits and koala bear social weapons? Probably not. I'd be happy w/ being able to logon.

Improved list
    1. Free 10 stack of premium xp stims
    2. Bounties and ICE from bosses only
    3. Um no.
    4. No issues with the original #4, except maybe EXTEND THEIR WORK DOWNTIME TO 2 DAYS!
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Feb 17th, 2012 at 01:46:41. Reason: good forum modding *stamp of approval*

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    Fam's too disciplined to respond to that, it will be Lind's call on what gets said I would think.

Regardless of who is to blame, the AO staff are the ones that get to do damage control.

Can we expect some uptime event like giant Koala bears storming Bor /s OI OI OI OI and dropping Angus Young outfits and koala bear social weapons? Probably not. I'd be happy w/ being able to logon.
    I'd just be happy if they were honest and upfront with us (not claiming they are lying now, as I have no real reason to suspect so). The recent ninja nerfs, and half truths have left quite a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. It would be nice for them to just be upfront with us, so then we would at least know what we were in for.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    The first ETA was supposed to be for noon EST / 17:00 GMT. Then we posted an extended downtime of 7 hours to put us at Midnight. Unfortunately, it was mentioned the extended period started at 15:30 GMT, meaning 7 hours from 15:30 as opposed from 17:00. When we extend downtimes, it's supposed to extend from the current estimated uptime, which in this case was 17:00. So, the current eta is Midnight GMT (17:00 + 7 hours extension) unless otherwise stated.
    Also, -40°F = -40°C. You're welcome.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

"Originally Posted by famine
    the servers burned down. We're rolling back to pre sl"

I would have liked to get a new Rollback shirt actually.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'd just be happy if they were honest and upfront with us (not claiming they are lying now, as I have no real reason to suspect so). The recent ninja nerfs, and half truths have left quite a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. It would be nice for them to just be upfront with us, so then we would at least know what we were in for.
    I hate ninja nerfs too. I hate undocumented nerfs even more. Its okay if you don't announce it, but after the fact you should list it publicly. It is like saying it was beneath them to acknowledge there was a problem.

Sounds like something Vhab would do, create an 'Undocumented Nerf's Compendium.'

Isn't it past 12pm gmt?
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Feb 17th, 2012 at 01:33:53.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    I hate ninja nerfs too. I hate undocumented nerfs even more. Its okay if you don't announce it, but after the fact you should list it publicly. It is like saying it was beneath them to acknowledge there was a problem.

Sounds like something Vhab would do, create an 'Undocumented Nerf's Compendium.'

Isn't it past 12pm gmt?
    you did not read the update, they added another 5 hours... lol

"The maintenance downtime has to be extended by 5 hours. This is due to some uncontrollable complications that cropped up during the downtime. We sincerely apologize for this extended delay and we are working with our external hosting partners to get things back up as soon as possible.

The new uptime for the servers is set at Midnight EST / 5am GMT."

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=597293

Well, I'm speechless, but not hand-cuffed.

I guess I'm used to long waits. I am a Robert Jordan (and somewhat Brandon Sanderson) fan afterall. ><

Silly me checking the login screen to check for updates.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Feb 17th, 2012 at 01:45:45.

... OK, now I'm getting a little miffed.

Can anyone explain what exactly happened that requires up to 18 hours of downtime?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast