Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again!

That would be a pretty cool change, if it's made.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Quote Originally Posted by Freqflyerdnt View Post
    The same things for XP(SK) that existed 5 years ago, still do.
    People just ignore them.
    There's a reason for that.

The problem is those of us who want to do something other than Inf find it very hard to coax what feels like the majority of the playerbase from coming with us, because they think the alternatives to Inf provide too little XP. So if we want to take breaks from Inf we'll usually have to accept we'll be doing so alone. And I grow tired of having to solo in an MMO.

It doesn't hurt anybody to bring the alternative methods of leveling more in line so that they become more attractive to a larger proportion of the playerbase. Then maybe finding people to team with for something other than Inf grinding wouldn't feel as much like pulling teeth.

In short, I'm glad to see they've boosted RK XP on TestLive. Can't wait until it goes live.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Talked to Michizure on IRC the other day and he wants to make RK matter more in terms of leveling content, so that froobs and subscribers will have more reason to play together.
    This? Is awesome. AWESOME.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndracorvid View Post
    There's a reason for that.

The problem is those of us who want to do something other than Inf find it very hard to coax what feels like the majority of the playerbase from coming with us, because they think the alternatives to Inf provide too little XP. So if we want to take breaks from Inf we'll usually have to accept we'll be doing so alone. And I grow tired of having to solo in an MMO.

It doesn't hurt anybody to bring the alternative methods of leveling more in line so that they become more attractive to a larger proportion of the playerbase. Then maybe finding people to team with for something other than Inf grinding wouldn't feel as much like pulling teeth.

In short, I'm glad to see they've boosted RK XP on TestLive. Can't wait until it goes live.

This? Is awesome. AWESOME.
    Fair enough, and I understand this.
    So add any/all the chars in my signature to your Friends List.
    If you feel like doing ANYTHING.
    Give me a shout when I'm on(usually from around 15:30(GMT, 17:30 my time which is GMT+2) on week days, weekends could be anything from Friday 17:00 GMT+2 right through to Monday Morning 4am (GMT+2).

I'm always up for something
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Give me a shout when I'm on(usually from around 15:30(GMT, 17:30 my time which is GMT+2) on week days, weekends could be anything from Friday 17:00 GMT+2 right through to Monday Morning 4am (GMT+2).

Last time she asked me for something I ended up cratting DB3, you might regret this offer

It's not really about me personally. I have all the characters I need, and I doubt I'll roll more (at least until the NPE hits Live).

My point is that for people like you and me who enjoy other things than Inf, it would not hurt for FC to give us a boost and make it easier to coax people into trying out the things we do by giving players incentives to come with us, such as making XP rewards a bit more level across the playing field.

Thankfully they've now done something to help fix that problem. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Last time she asked me for something I ended up cratting DB3, you might regret this offer
    Pff, you did it for the org! I was just the first person to pounce on you in orgchat after you logged on!
    :E

Bump
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Anything that attracts paid players back to RK would be beneficial. I'm paid but I play on RK because I enjoy it more than SL specifically because of the eccentric zones and bizarre and charming loot. I have played thousands of hours in SL from Nascence to Inferno and I am done with it (for now). I still don't know why there's a tree house in Central Artery Valley surrounded by enigma branches, or an abandoned fort overrun by cyborgs, or the ruins of a fishing village, but I love that I don't know why too.

Fresh meat unbiased towards symbiants, CSS and other patterns of experienced AO play styles will explore Rubi-Ka simply because it's there. When they find that it is largely an abandoned ghost town apart from cookie-cutter dungeons; for a game designed around team work they conclude that there is no point in continuing to play let alone upgrading to the expansions.
    Last edited by Vonkupps; Feb 23rd, 2014 at 05:09:08.

More quests on RK would be a good start to make players explore Rubi Ka.
    Interesting quests that is.

Red face

Another bump for anything RK!

Missions (from missions terminals) should be giving SK, since 'daily' already does it.
    Cerber - MA Bruiser

Baboone - Portable Deathstar

Dukatus - Choppah

Quote Originally Posted by Cerber View Post
    Another bump for anything RK!

Missions (from missions terminals) should be giving SK, since 'daily' already does it.
    This would be great for research tbh
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

HUGE bump.....miss doin rk missions. Tired of the inf grind....
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

Yeah Big Bump for this.

Why not just set RKxp set to match the same output of XP you get from SL (starter area to quests and endgame grind) but ONLY for paid players. Froobs should get the lower XP rates that are currently ingame.
    Prosthetics:: 220/23/48 Doctor -Now Atrox and loving it!
    Slaveofhate:: 214/22/56 Shade -Progress (still)
    Otdude:: 150/9/35ish Soldier - Froob-to-paid
    Incellie:: 131/0/0 Meta-Physicist -Froob-to-paid

Quote Originally Posted by Timetraveler2001 View Post
    More quests on RK would be a good start to make players explore Rubi Ka.
    Interesting quests that is.
    Quests is always a good idea, but the difficult part here would be to make it actually interesting.
    As for item rewards for example I have a hard time thinking of something that would be worth the effort. At least in certain lvl ranges we already have some sort of guideline what to wear for each profession. So it has to be something better than what we already have, which collides with the plan of balancing things out. At least I heard that's Funcoms plan. XP/SK reward only won't really make it interesting either unless it would be daily reward, what I think is nothing anyone would want.

But as for lower level I'd love it if they added for example mini Miy-Armor pieces as rewards plus a small/medium xp reward. I never quite understood why it's supposed to be such a pain getting the mini versions.

I'd just also suggest what I said some time ago in this thread already. I think this or at least something similar would be essential for RK quests to succeed. I doubt anyone's gonna fly around rk for hours for a small amount of xp/sk, when they can get a lot more in a third of the time in inf missions or with hecks.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

/signed
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

One thing I feel worth mentioning: a lot of this conversation has mentioned reducing grind. In my experience over the last decade, FC is very pro-grind when it comes to AO. While a lot of new games have less focus on levels and more on gear and endgame content, making leveling take a long time has always been a major part of the AO business model. While I think that's a flawed philosophy, it is what it is.

Pre-SL, 1-200 took forever. 200-220 takes forever. AI 1-30 takes forever. Research 70 takes forever. Alpha symbs take forever. Every expansion, while it has added new content, has been way more about pushing the carrot further back. I had done all of the RK content well before hitting 200. I did all the SK content WAY before hitting 220. Did all the AI content (what there was of it l, really) WAAAY before reaching AI 30. Et cetera, et cetera.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Lets face it... AO is dead, the only people who still play are those rich enough to build and powerlvl as much as they want...

Funcom need to make a new game taking all the great ideas and mechanics from this game. not worth updating a 10+ year old game no matter how much they update it

it will never be the game it once was, even though we all want that.

Quote Originally Posted by micemeat View Post
    Lets face it... AO is dead, the only people who still play are those rich enough to build and powerlvl as much as they want...

Funcom need to make a new game taking all the great ideas and mechanics from this game. not worth updating a 10+ year old game no matter how much they update it

it will never be the game it once was, even though we all want that.
    Would you like some cheese with that whine?
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345