Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again!

/sign

I love some of the places on RK but they just don't measure up for the people who already have billions of credits.

Otaku - Teh Main!!! - 220 Fixer (Needs money)
    Dochelm - Teh Healer!!! - Doctor (WTB ADO HECK TEAM PST)
    Nikkiibenz - Teh Pr0nstar!!! - Soldier (Bein' sexy)
    Notyourtank - Teh TotW Beast!!! - Keeper (Needs moar money)
    ~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    I see a slight problem with people wearing Xan armor on top of their Xan implants and their Xan belt and Xan NCUs while toting around their Xan weapon(s)...

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarClan View Post
    Repurpose RK.

Work un-worked dungeons/zones/instances bak into the game.

Modify once uber but now useless rk quest items for the better.

Terraform the last of the un-terraformed zones on rk with tower fields and huge content

Delete 3 craters E&W.

Give froobs secret abilites and sexual appeal.

Cake.
    I like all of these ! Especially the last one
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

le bump
    Prosthetics:: 220/23/48 Doctor -Now Atrox and loving it!
    Slaveofhate:: 214/22/56 Shade -Progress (still)
    Otdude:: 150/9/35ish Soldier - Froob-to-paid
    Incellie:: 131/0/0 Meta-Physicist -Froob-to-paid

Bump Bump; agree so much with this.
    Pop Pop

Del Bumpo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Bump.

I remember before SL came out, back in 2002, how we'd level as Lowbies. (This was also before most of the Statics, save SoM and Foreman's.) The first 10 levels or so, you'd Hunt around your startup zone. Then the next 5 were spent in the Oasis area of Newland Desert killing lizards and brontos. Somewhere between 15-20 you'd go off to Rhino Cockpit in E Newland Desert and kill stuff there. Around 30, it was down to Pleasant Meadows and you'd start killing shades around the mines, up to around 50-60. Those areas were always decently populated, and you could always find a team.

Most of those areas have Dynabosses in them now, which made them not so good for lowbie levelling.

Then the statics came in, and made them the level path.

Then SL came, and RK was abandoned, except the statics.

It really sucks, because wandering around and exploring RK was a joy to me and it is SO underappreciated now. Give this land it's purpose back. Bring back the leveling teams and the reasons to use these maps again.
    The Independent Rubikans - The oldest Neutral Org on RK1! 10.5 years and counting!

Namiru - 210/30/58 Neutral Solitus Martial Artist, Advisor - Always accepting new students in the Art
    Thalona - 199/25/40 Neutral Solitus Meta-Physicist, Veteran - Pondering higher thought
    Weefleboy - 150/20/40 Neutral Opifex Fixer, Member - Wheeling and Dealing somewhere on RK.
    Johnnysokko - 60/6/14 Neutral Solitus Engineer, Member - Still trying to twink that Slayer on.
    Keepdafaith - 60/6/14 Neutral Atrox Keeper, Member - IR Temple Services
    Powerbender - 100/6/14 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician, Member
    Deleetful - 65/7/14 Neutral Solitus Adventurer, Applicant
    Lumbergh - 60/5/10 Neutral Nanomage Bureaucrat, Applicant - "M'yeah, I'm going to have to ask that you go ahead and come into work on Saturday...that would be great..."

Problem is I can't see much of a switch back to rubi-ka without introducing areas with hundreds of mobs in easily kitable areas.

Simply sorting out hecklers would do a lot to sending people back to RK

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    Simply sorting out hecklers would do a lot to sending people back to RK
    You don't think people would find something else to kill in SL for xp rather than going back to RK xp rates?
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Bamp
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

The typical trend of upscaling things won't fix anything. If any, lower the XP/SK rewards in SL by 50%.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

double xp on RK, ktxbai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    double xp on RK, ktxbai.
    Hai, i just powerleveled from 1-220 just on BJ leets. I R teh best.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

/signed

I never really liked leveling in the SL to begin with.
    Omni-AF

/signed.

I completely agree in making Rubi-Ka matter once more. I'd even go as far as removing the statics, transferring the loot to dynas, and just have more of them.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

Quote Originally Posted by Namiru View Post
    Bump.

I remember before SL came out, back in 2002, how we'd level as Lowbies. (This was also before most of the Statics, save SoM and Foreman's.) The first 10 levels or so, you'd Hunt around your startup zone. Then the next 5 were spent in the Oasis area of Newland Desert killing lizards and brontos. Somewhere between 15-20 you'd go off to Rhino Cockpit in E Newland Desert and kill stuff there. Around 30, it was down to Pleasant Meadows and you'd start killing shades around the mines, up to around 50-60. Those areas were always decently populated, and you could always find a team.

Most of those areas have Dynabosses in them now, which made them not so good for lowbie levelling.

Then the statics came in, and made them the level path.

Then SL came, and RK was abandoned, except the statics.

It really sucks, because wandering around and exploring RK was a joy to me and it is SO underappreciated now. Give this land it's purpose back. Bring back the leveling teams and the reasons to use these maps again.
    I could not agree with the sentiment of this thread, or this post in particular more.

Quote Originally Posted by Talastrina View Post
    I could not agree with the sentiment of this thread, or this post in particular more.
    What you sayeth; I concur fully.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

bump, rebalance RK/SL xp, make RK the new real alternative to boring inf mishes
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

Dunno if you noticed.. But a lot of places have been adjusted recently on Test. XP was one of them...
    Not up to 220, but makes sense that 201-220 should be in SL.

And I was talking to someone in Org last night...
    No one has a gun to your head forcing you to do a million Inferno Missions.
    The same things for XP(SK) that existed 5 years ago, still do.
    People just ignore them.

I actually plan on rolling a character and levelling the way I think FC intended, RK instances/dungeons, some Nasc Quests and Hecks.
    Ely hecks and Quests(Not kiting or OST).
    Scheol Quests, more RK missions(Doing tokens and the like).
    Ado quests and hecks(No Kiting and OST) with RK missions thrown in.
    Pen Quests and missions. Maybe some more RK missions(I like them).
    Inferno quests, Tiigs, Hecks, Inferno Missions, DB Quests and the like.

Yes, I won't hit 220 in 4 minutes, but you know what ?
    Doesn't help complaining about doing a ton of "boring inf missions", if that's your choice....

Disclaimer: I'm not saying RK shouldn't be changed or is perfect. Just that we complain too easily about self enforced "restrictions".
    Which FC isn't responsible for.
    Last edited by Freqflyerdnt; Apr 17th, 2013 at 08:30:05.
    Freqflyerdnt (Fix) - Codney (MP) - Fiddlybit (Crat) - Breaker117 (Enfo) - Spasticdent (NT) - Fiveof9 (Keeper) - Maleshai (Advy) - Tacitblue (Shade)

Squad Commander of Ab aeterno animus liberi

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy
    clearly, it's all because arbalest is clan-only. all the omnis pvpers went clan for arbalest and all the omni pvmers went clan for the 35% xp buff so now the ratio of clan to omni is 9:1 herp derp clan favouritism herp derp devs are clan.

Talked to Michizure on IRC the other day and he wants to make RK matter more in terms of leveling content, so that froobs and subscribers will have more reason to play together.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast