Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Why hasn't this been put in yet?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Up ye go.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Have seen this suggested quite a few times over the years but still a good idea.

I didn't read through all of the responses but if it wasn't mentioned, there needs to be some mechanic that doesn't tp you to battlestations until there are a confirmed number of people on both sides that have accepted the tp. This will prevent people from unnecessarily getting tp'd away from what they were doing only to be placed back a few min later due to there not being enough people on the other side (or whatever that message is that you get).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 28th, 2014 at 14:49:36.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I don't think more people will play more pvp because of this change. And it is so easy to travel around in AO these days compared to how it was years ago. So running to nearest BS portal or getting inside the grid is not very timeconsuming.
    The reason there are so few people playing pvp is because it is broken. Its no fun and im not whining about twinkers. Its the pvp gameplay that is boring as hell. And if it was not for VP then nobody would bother.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Quote Originally Posted by Timetraveler2001 View Post
    I don't think more people will play more pvp because of this change. And it is so easy to travel around in AO these days compared to how it was years ago. So running to nearest BS portal or getting inside the grid is not very timeconsuming.
    The reason there are so few people playing pvp is because it is broken. Its no fun and im not whining about twinkers. Its the pvp gameplay that is boring as hell. And if it was not for VP then nobody would bother.
    It is fairly easy to get around RK, but some places in SL are quite a pain to leave/come back to, especially if you don't have garden keys for the area. It makes it even worse if you do decide to leave and find out BS isn't even running. A change like this might not get BS running constantly, but I do think it would help some.

Also, I sign up for BS almost every day just for pvp. I have over 1 million VP on the toon, so I'm definitely not doing it for the VP anymore.

Needs to be done. Not only would it be great for BS players, it would allow expansion of the queue system to PvM raids and events as well.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

just a easier way to queue is not going to solve BS being deserted in some level ranges. It doesn't hurt, but it is probably not worth the dev effort.

a much easier solution would be to lower the BS start threshold to 1 player and to allow all sides to join either side. Lower the winning speed when there are very small amount of people on to say taking up to an hour to win a round.

This will get people in BS, because there will always be one running, and if not you just need to stick around for an hour lest someone else joins. The reason BS is dead is because people expect it to be dead and not be able to get a round and it is a self fullfilling prophecy. Under this suggested system, its just a matter of how long it will take to complete it. You will actually end up with a lot more people in BS all the time.

has been added to suggestion summary
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

this would be so good

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Yes. I would also like a sound to play when BS is ready.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Great suggestion. They could also expand on it.

Why don't they just rip off a version of WoW's dungeon finder? You know; you open a tab and say what you want to do (PvP/Raid ect), after a few moments the game picks you up from where you are, puts you where you want to go and then returns you to where you were when you've finished.

Good suggestion to sign up from anywhere but the game also needs many, many more players first.

this is a good suggestion, that has been proposed multiple times before already.

battlestation queue needs a rework. not just for this, but also to balance teams, fix bug rounds, etc etc. this, also, has been discussed multiple times over the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    this is a good suggestion, that has been proposed multiple times before already.

battlestation queue needs a rework. not just for this, but also to balance teams, fix bug rounds, etc etc. this, also, has been discussed multiple times over the last years.
    Suggestions to make BS queuing better have been around as long as the battle stations have, so there is little reason to think now would be the time to prioritize it. At least this suggestion keeps it simple and attempts to explain how it can be done on a technical level.
    Salomar [220/30]
    Rainbowz [200/23]
    Twopairs [150/20]
    SPARTA

Quote Originally Posted by SaloSalo View Post
    Suggestions to make BS queuing better have been around as long as the battle stations have, so there is little reason to think now would be the time to prioritize it. At least this suggestion keeps it simple and attempts to explain how it can be done on a technical level.
    required changes to bs are simple. this is a convenience change. i do not doubt its impact, but to exclude equally important fixes is just silly.

Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

I feel this needs another bump
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12