Thread: Zoning after login

Zoning after login

It still takes me a while to zone out of a building upon logging in, but just now I was able to successfully use beacon upon logging in. The other day I also gridded upon logging in... Has anyone wasted a beacon use since the patch?
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

There is a 30 second pause before you can zone.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There is a 30 second pause before you can zone.
    It really depends.

for exemple, entering the regular grid is pretty instant right after loging in... but for meep / beacon / Fgrid / etc you have to wait.

And bag open / close doesnt really work...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I still had trouble zoning through a player city wompah right after logging in, but beacons havnt been screwing me over lately. Maybe the use time of the beacons take long enough where you have to hit them really fast for it to not work, and ive just been slower. But not more than 5 seconds of opening the bag to rclick beacon.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

from what i've observed:
    If you log in and try to zone by clicking on an item in geometry you will zone directly.
    If you try to zone in any other way: nanos/moving, it just won't let you zone.
    Don't know about items. never really used the instant grid items.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

The DB warp codes fail if used immediately after logging in. I've had a couple times I've had to go to Neretva Canyons to get the DB outpost on my Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Belligerence View Post
    The DB warp codes fail if used immediately after logging in. I've had a couple times I've had to go to Neretva Canyons to get the DB outpost on my Doctor.
    Done that many times myself. Whoopsie.
    Because Race Yalm

There's also a big big biiiiiiiiiiiiiig lag zone when your twinking for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    There's also a big big biiiiiiiiiiiiiig lag zone when your twinking for some reason.
    The game always knows.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

The game won't 'naturally' zone you for about 30 seconds after initial login to prevent permanent crashlooping.

Example - Someone who has purchased Shadowlands but hasn't downloaded the big client yet may walk into the Jobe whompah and crash because the small client doesn't have the Jobe platform.

The game will realise that the client didn't properly make it to the new zone and will leave the character in the old zone. Logging back in will place the character at their last point - Within the area to zone to Jobe Platform! This delay will allow the player to move away from the whompah and prevent crashing again.

As for zone-changing usable items failing immediately after login, if you could please report all that you have seen fail in the Report a Bug Forum, we'll take a close look at them and find out why.

Thanks,
    - BH Director Nirvelle (aka Nerf)
    Last edited by Kintaii; Mar 26th, 2012 at 21:54:02. Reason: Closing thread as answered.
    The Secret World Gameplay Designer "Nerf" Nirvelle

"I used to be a GM, then I took an Ur-Draug in the knee"

Former GM Nirvelle
    Former ARK Bug Hunter Director
    Funcom
    Anarchy Online | The Secret World | Age of Conan | Bloodline Champions | Pets vs Monsters