Thread: Monthly Development Update: February 2012

You're just looking to have your heart broken, aren't you?
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderxavier View Post
    erm simple question, I see talk of a video quit allot of talk really... in February, it's now march... still no video, dont announce videos that aren't released along with the announcement, it's bad PR and whoever came up with the idea shouldn't be in their position, and pony up the one you owe us, and once you announce you've made a video you have no excuses allowed waiting for the right venue, dont announce a video and you take all the time you need choosing, announce a video then RELEASE IT, isnt this kinda basic stuff like PR 101, and release on massively or something, just do it yesterday, jeez and I thought Aventurine had a bad PR dept, but they still dont announce videos they dont release along with the announcement, and for note I rarely check the forums, I really only came on now to complain that you announced a video and never released it, I do however check the AO website... which mentioned a video with no link, most people especially those unfamilar with the game do not give second chances with such things, if you lie to them once weather intentional or not they'll never give you a second oppertunity, AO was the 2nd 3d mmo out there, I played it right after UO myself, (my old account disappeared), however there are not hundreds of MMO's and quite a few good ones, the days when such bad comms with your customers were something they'd be forced to put up with are long since gone, its highly offensive I had to waste my time wading through a forum posts, which lets face it forums tend to be full of lots of nothing, just to find out that there is no video and you lied about their being one in February, its quite annoying specially considering your companies general lack of media on the new engine, which I might point out we've been waiting YEARS for, and still havent even seen a single lousy video of your latest version of the engine, only a failed ogre project from years ago!!!!, take a page out of aventurine's book well the only thing they do right pr wise, make a blog, just for the engine, RELEASE MEDIA regularly and dont announce anything that you cant pony up evidence for, or piss of customers who've already been waiting for more than long enough.
    So, you haven't read any of the previous posts. You have lost your ENTER key and you are a PR expert and you have no idea about the history of MMO's.

also, tl;dr.

Dark Age of Camelot 777 (46.5%)
    Anarchy Online 529 (31.7%)

we're catching up, lads!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavius0110 View Post
    ..If I may speak for many of us, we are tired of the talk. We understand the bureaucracy of making changes to a well established game, but, either make it happen or shut it down. Enough is enough. My org buddies and I continually talk about the future of the game. No-one knows whether they should start a new account for that "last profession that they do not have, or a PVP only account, or whatever", because they hate to invest the time and money in a dead game.
    No, you may not speak for "many of us"; speak only for you and your friends which are a handful of people. I enjoy the game for what it is now. I don't play it for what it may be 1 month or 2 years from now. For me, the joy of starting a new toon has not faded all that much even after 7 years.

Shush!!! and enjoy the game as it is now. If you are only playing for what it may be in the future, you are playing for all the wrong reasons. If you find little enjoyment in building a toon now, you're just burnt out so take a break until the engine/re-balance comes.

Even with the re-balancing act in place, there will be a lot of fine-tuning that will be done through various patches and updates; it's not about "if", but how and when since fine-tuning professions even more on live once the rebalance has been deployed is a given.

Go out in the world and see what other games are kicking it and try them. Take a looong break and then, when you feel the AO nostalgia creeping upon you, make a froob account and play it. When you will enjoy playing AO from scratch once more, it's time to start playing AO in the earnest again.

If everybody thought like yourself and your friends, nobody would do anything in any MMO since there's always an impending Doom of Damocles and the risk that your profession may change in the future.

Bottom line #2...give the playerbase what they want and desire, within means...no pun intended...then the game will flourish
    Ain't that cute! That's would be the last thing you'd want to do.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagget View Post
    In any case, Funcom could certainly promote awareness of the Massively contect/vote. They do it for AoC and TSW and BC whenever some popularity contest springs up on a gaming web site and one of those games is in the running. Simple Tweet and Facebook blurb would suffice.
    Yea, but they're in competition with themselves with 2 entries in the show
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

where is that voting thingie ?
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

Quote Originally Posted by Xamofne View Post
    where is that voting thingie ?
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...ert-cartridge/
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

thanks,i tought its on mmorpg didnt even know for this site...

Voted!!
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

liar liar pants on fire
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

08.03.2012 ( a couple of days )

Quote Originally Posted by Sugest View Post
    08.03.2012 ( a couple of days )
    And again, did you not read the thread? I mean fine complain all you like, but read the thread and complain in the proper way instead of just randomly saying things.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Cool

I love this game...period. However, month over month, the player base is fed promises and vague innuendos about "engine updates" and profession "changes". If I may speak for many of us, we are tired of the talk. We understand the bureaucracy of making changes to a well established game, but, either make it happen or shut it down. Enough is enough. My org buddies and I continually talk about the future of the game. No-one knows whether they should start a new account for that "last profession that they do not have, or a PVP only account, or whatever", because they hate to invest the time and money in a dead game. It is difficult thing to convince new friends to invest in a game that seems to be ever-dying. I wholeheartedly understand the difficulty in making the "purse string holders" understand the levity of their decision in a potentially lucrative investment, but, someone needs to convey the potential ramifications of this truly unique project that has and can be immensely profitable. Bottom line. 1.) FC wants to make a profit. 2.) This game has a unique offering 3.) The aggressive marketing and re-release of said game could lead to immense profits, see #1, for FC, if properly managed and released. Bottom line #2...give the playerbase what they want and desire, within means...no pun intended...then the game will flourish. Stop with the promises and make with the action!
    I agree with this. Our org is just completing our new city which took some time and creds and we wonder whether the game will be around in a year. We hope so but lately all we've seen are promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Shush!!! and enjoy the game as it is now. If you are only playing for what it may be in the future, you are playing for all the wrong reasons. If you find little enjoyment in building a toon now, you're just burnt out so take a break until the engine/re-balance comes.
    Umh... like... empty, impossible to find team for anything. Only way to level up being dailies and OST teams and leeching off inferno. Most low/mid level content completely dead. How the hell am i supposed to enjoy that?

I don't actually need the new shiny graphics. I even fear the "great rebalance" which, no doubt, will do more harm than good. I don't have much use for new newbie experience either since all my paid accounts are full, and i'm not likely deleting any characters anytime soon.

But those are things that MIGHT bring more people to the empty space thats called Rubi-Ka. And more people might revive the game a bit.

Go out in the world and see what other games are kicking it and try them. Take a looong break and then, when you feel the AO nostalgia creeping upon you, make a froob account and play it. When you will enjoy playing AO from scratch once more, it's time to start playing AO in the earnest again.
    This is exactly what i'm doing atm. But i'll never begin AO from scratch. I've spent a few years to build my toons the way i like, and i really don't want to even think about starting that grind again from scratch.

If everybody thought like yourself and your friends, nobody would do anything in any MMO since there's always an impending Doom of Damocles and the risk that your profession may change in the future.
    You don't realize that most of us, who now complain about the issues in AO, only started doing so after years and years of being lied to and let down? Hell, for many years I only browsed the forums regularly and almost never wrote anything myself.

I just love the game too much and i don't want to see it die. But it seems more and more likely everyday, and if you don't see it, you need (better) glasses.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    When I see these type of posts I wonder why do you still play AO or even read forums if you are so unhappy? Kinda reminds me of a friend who complains about a cheating spouse but won't get a divorce hahaha. (Or maybe those guys work for Blizzard and are just bombing on the competition?)

I'm not suggesting you to stop playing, but if you do can i have your stuff?
    Maybe because we love AO? We don't want to see it fail. But when things gets postponed over and over again, year after year after year the "fail" looks more and more likely every day.

I like to see AO revived. I want to start playing actively again.

But the servers are empty. Merging them now will only make things worse in the long run. And if these new shiny things to attract new players are not delivered really soon, there's no way to actually revive the game.

I was hoping for some change in the game direction (and mostly in the communication), so that there would be more accurate info given to us now. But it seems the new GD/Producer continues the same misleading and failure to deliver as all the previous ones did.

I'm worried. I care. Thats why I still stick around, even is its mostly only on forums.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I'm actually kind of nervous about voting for AO on that Massively thing, because I'm concerned that the guy's just going to react like our current new players (when they do pop up) and comment on how empty they think the game looks. :S I don't want people to think we're dead before we've been able to do something about the decline in population... :\
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Ilaliya, are you bold enough to give us a new ETA for the video?
    SoonLater™
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    SoonLater™
    SoonLaterBefore DNF™
    Wait.. oh..

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Umh... like... empty, impossible to find team for anything. Only way to level up being dailies and OST teams and leeching off inferno. Most low/mid level content completely dead. How the hell am i supposed to enjoy that?
    This just isn't true, you can solo all the way to 220 if you want. And if you're paid it's still quite decent XP my main is level 91 and I've mostly solo'd until that, the main places people level up (tiigs, hecks, beits etc) are few of the maaaaaaany areas in SL with mobs fit for soling at certain levels, this is why I love to explore SL instead of just waiting all night for a tiig team. It's enjoyable if you just learn to explore and enjoy that which I do because Shadowlands is massive and has a lot to offer. If you have the AORK maps it's even better because it even points out areas of interest. There are ways to find fun in soloing.
    OMNI-TEK

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    This just isn't true, you can solo all the way to 220 if you want. And if you're paid it's still quite decent XP my main is level 91 and I've mostly solo'd until that, the main places people level up (tiigs, hecks, beits etc) are few of the maaaaaaany areas in SL with mobs fit for soling at certain levels, this is why I love to explore SL instead of just waiting all night for a tiig team. It's enjoyable if you just learn to explore and enjoy that which I do because Shadowlands is massive and has a lot to offer. If you have the AORK maps it's even better because it even points out areas of interest. There are ways to find fun in soloing.
    Some of us pay for and play a MMORPG because of the MM (Massively Multiplayer) part. Yes, you can solo your way to 220 (eventually) but who wants to pay for an online solo experience?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Some of us pay for and play a MMORPG because of the MM (Massively Multiplayer) part. Yes, you can solo your way to 220 (eventually) but who wants to pay for an online solo experience?
    You're missing the point, I said you can not that you should all I was pointing out is there are other ways to level that the user was saying.
    OMNI-TEK

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast