Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 150 keeper pvp setup

knuckle has nice def setup posted but i dont think that ai sword is doable cos of brawl req.Once u get 250 ofabs in u cnat swap for treatment suit in order to swap for symbs or brawl impls to get sword in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eqvestre View Post
    I started retwink ....lookin for 275 ofabs but i am missing vital items like sinew of tara
    shouldn't be a problem now that your faction does tara regularly.

ye but its kinda of a rare drop isnt it ?

only a rare drop when you want one :P otherwise drops every other raid :P

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=181532
    I thought I'd balance a bit more towards killing power and being more plausable to equip , still about 1830 evade def, and can swap and pop insight to around 1840 AR, 1880ish (1890ish if you use cc helm) if you got glory up. or around 1750(with glory) if you don't want insight. You should be able to push some nice dd through limber, fully perk most other def keepers, and you can use lava caps. I'm not sure how much hp you're willing to sacrifice, cm is a fine substitute but the AR lost does add up.

I think knuckles setup puts you at around 1660ish AR in off swaps without glory(1700ish with glory), which I don't see being too effective vs evaders, being how most have around 2k-2.1k def under limber, a bit more if you include CiB. The double AAO boost to ai perks would put you at just over 2k ar(including glory) with bluntness, so you would need to rely on nano feast and low AR normal damage and pray that glory procs to achieve a kill.

My setup tops at about ~2.3k-2.4k bluntness AR (+80 from CC, +270 from insight) plus allows much higher potential boost AR for landing hits through limber, hence why I choose to sacrifice nano feast except vs docs. Again, this is only on paper.

Last edited by Johnnykay; Mar 15th, 2012 at 23:56:44.

the problem generally with swapping NF for insight is "You should be able to push some nice dd through limber"

Vs,

Making a KILL during limber.

If you can push "nice" DD through limber, thats great! makes for an entertaining fight, until you LOSE during next DOF.

On the other hand, ravaging the advy/MA during limber and leavign him in /prostrate addds to your WIN margin.

that said, I agree that xira's setup is better than mine. the extra 80ish AR for bluntness is practical. and the extra HP isn't all that much important. The only possible issue is with no insight and no CM your HP can be quite slim.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    the problem generally with swapping NF for insight is "You should be able to push some nice dd through limber"

Vs,

Making a KILL during limber.

If you can push "nice" DD through limber, thats great! makes for an entertaining fight, until you LOSE during next DOF.
    Except that Nanofeast doesn't garuntee a kill.

You're comparing dealing damage + defensive toolset to dealing damage - defensive toolset. At 150, Both will score you a kill if you play your cards right, but one allows for more defense potential, which is almost required to compete vs enfs and such. NF does at best 2 normals worth of damage, the sacrifice is the ability to land bluntness and reliable normal damage on evaders, or significant sacrifices to defensive capabilities from not only insight, but the setup required to have enough AR to be effective without it. It all depends on how you prefer to play.

Oh, and please excuse my neut-ness, when I say "push some nice damage through limber" that should translate to "wtfpwn those nubs to reclaim in rk4" in pvper lingo.
    Last edited by Xirayne; Mar 16th, 2012 at 09:16:53.

Any point making 150 keeper for PVP nowadays after rebalance? Or is it just better to go 200 where I know they will wtfp0wn everyone if done right? Except agents of course...

High ql Boots of the Dancing King for feet if want more evade close?
    Last edited by Spirulina; Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:07:27.

At 150 and 200 using those boots it's kinda extreme , sure I gain nice evade but is bad for ac's and ar
    Imo it's not worth it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123