Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: non-grenade critsetup

non-grenade critsetup

im thinking on using the casual critsetup (like most of the grenade engis) but preferably with pistols or RE. tho pistols look better: amep + db pistol

does anybody have any experience on this? or just if you know something lemme know please

To my knowledge, its the second most powerful ranged damage setup for engineers. It is somewhat close in damage to full auto setups. Your first example is the one that is most commonly used.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

AMEP + IDEP in a crit setup works quite nicely. Have used that combo for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Ranged professions enjoy a significant advantage everywhere and more so against pet professions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Note: Calling me an "incompetant ass-monkey", while admitedly is extremely amusing, does nothing to quantify what exactly, if anything, you would like to see changed in your/someone else's nanos.

There's certain situations where one is an obvious advantage, but really, the top 3 setups (bigburger, mk6/peh'wer, and idbep) pretty much come out even all things considered.
    Because Race Yalm

imho, the only use for a crit setup is for grenade.
    any other weapon choice should not be crit setup, save for the AMEP+IDBEP option - IDBEP needs crit to be effective
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

afaik the best setup is a mixed +dmg/crit with amep + peh'wer but i could be wrong.

(mixed being you'd do something like snipers friend + 15% vts + gauntlet pad + eoe + calc for around 28% crit, and then pile +dmg everywhere else)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    afaik the best setup is a mixed +dmg/crit with amep + peh'wer but i could be wrong.

(mixed being you'd do something like snipers friend + 15% vts + gauntlet pad + eoe + calc for around 28% crit, and then pile +dmg everywhere else)
    i will never use pehwer.
    but it wasnt hard to put together a +40 crit together in my head, even with leaving some spots for nanoskill thingies just to be sure to be able to cast stuff

on the other hand i think the mixed setup wont be that effective for either wep to outperform other setups

Quote Originally Posted by ylienle View Post
    i will never use pehwer.
    any particular reason why? Its a rather nice pistol.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

i will never use pehwer.
    but it wasnt hard to put together a +40 crit together in my head, even with leaving some spots for nanoskill thingies just to be sure to be able to cast stuff

on the other hand i think the mixed setup wont be that effective for either wep to outperform other setups
    you'd be surprised. from what i've seen in pande zergraids a setup like that works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    any particular reason why? Its a rather nice pistol.
    i dont like it, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    you'd be surprised. from what i've seen in pande zergraids a setup like that works very well.

that i have to test

I have found one of the best DPS setups to be binding a pet attack macro to every key on my keyboard then rolling my face across it. I also bind isotos and damage trimmer to my mouse wheel. You might say that I scroll my way to victory.
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

i dont like it, at all.
    That's not very informative. What about it do you not like? The look? The stats? The sacrifice of the arm symbiant?

Personally the only thing I dislike about it is not a engineer specific problem. I just as a general mention, hate the atrox pistol animations.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Peregrine mk6 > Peh'wer.

With these guns I won't touch an EOE either. Too much gimpage for too little gain.

My setup, minus a few items that have been released since auno's been updated.
    Skills Library -> Creator Module, Pen Pad -> Gauntlet Pad, Pistol NCU -> Damage NCU.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Feb 8th, 2012 at 20:19:59.
    Because Race Yalm

What about it do you not like?
    starting with the fact that it exists

That's not very informative. What about it do you not like? The look? The stats? The sacrifice of the arm symbiant?

Personally the only thing I dislike about it is not a engineer specific problem. I just as a general mention, hate the atrox pistol animations.
    he likes a challenge. tis why i stick with noob island weps all the way
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    Peregrine mk6 > Peh'wer.

With these guns I won't touch an EOE either. Too much gimpage for too little gain.

My setup, minus a few items that have been released since auno's been updated.
    Skills Library -> Creator Module, Pen Pad -> Gauntlet Pad, Pistol NCU -> Damage NCU.
    And here I always thought you used shotgun perks... hmm
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    And here I always thought you used shotgun perks... hmm
    Your thinking of ella and muha, both of them are in the 'most dd possible die when someone looks at me' camp.

I like to think of major as the 'sane one who does good damage but actually has nanoskills and survivability' camp.

That's how I distinguish pistol engineers anyways... false dichotomy?
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    I like to think of major as the 'sane one who does good damage but actually has nanoskills and survivability' camp.
    I don't know what this result does for your opinion of me or Ella, but according to our little round of testing yesterday against Umbral Prisoner, he OD'ed me by a grand total of 8k DPM.

Granted, his setup is a little out of date at this point. Still using Alappa pads over Gauntlet ones, for example.
    Last edited by MajorOutage; Mar 6th, 2012 at 03:14:04.
    Because Race Yalm

starting with the fact that it exists
    Are you getting confused with the AS version? I don't see how you can hate a fling/burst pistol that is marginally better than other options unless you just don't like the colour blue
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

I think it looks quit nice it's the troaler that looks bad with the scope
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast