Thread: sec42 try get it running?

Thumbs up sec42 try get it running?

just wanted to post somthing regarding sec42 wouldnt it be easyer to just let neuts/clans/omni all do it together? so it actually runs? sick of going there and lack of numbers any ideas feel free to post or moan all fun

On RK2 it's the way we started doing it back in the days..we had people, skills, took us a while to figure it out, but it was fun and we succeeded ..

These days there doesn't seem to be enough people with enough skills to actually have it running successfully. Even though everyone is 220!

I suspect all of this PLing killed S42.

I miss Sector 42, was one of the more fun raids as it required actual co-ordination between 3 groups. It's a pity RK2 doesn't seem to have the populace required (or rather people who want it enough) to do it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    These days there doesn't seem to be enough people with enough skills to actually have it running successfully. Even though everyone is 220!

I suspect all of this PLing killed S42.
    I blame instancing itself more than anything. People just don't have any incentive to behave properly in a raid environment anymore.
    Because Race Yalm

I think it's a bit of both, plus veterans getting bitter and quitting the game leaving a lesser number of experienced raiders to pass on their knowledge to any up and coming players. The fact that a lot of people don't like the current Sector42 bot's points-based system further reduces the pool of people you can draw from to help make a raid succeed.

That said I know of at least 1 alliance on RK2 that regularly does their own 42 raids, though I haven't yet been online at the right time to catch any private raids myself.
    :E

They could rechange the encounter a little. Take away the regular apf-bosses and only have proto-embalmber + ac. Then the two other tower places can be a place where people have to click-item when the RL says so to add some necesary effect at AC-commander place.

This way it takes less time (as for now this is altohether a 3-5hour marathon) from start to finish, require less people, difficulty remains and only a few people would have to split up.

So basicly, 1 main area for fighting, and the two other towerplaces for clicking on items that affects the main area. They at the towerplaces can be annoyed by a patroller or summat. That wouldn't take so much from the encounter I think
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Add in the fact that anybody who is anybody already has their ACDC.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    So basicly, 1 main area for fighting, and the two other towerplaces for clicking on items that affects the main area. They at the towerplaces can be annoyed by a patroller or summat. That wouldn't take so much from the encounter I think
    So, back to when only one side had a shot at ACDC then?
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    They could rechange the encounter a little. Take away the regular apf-bosses and only have proto-embalmber + ac. Then the two other tower places can be a place where people have to click-item when the RL says so to add some necesary effect at AC-commander place.

This way it takes less time (as for now this is altohether a 3-5hour marathon) from start to finish, require less people, difficulty remains and only a few people would have to split up.

:x And screw the fun?

No plz. S42 is the only raid left that requires more than 1 team. If FC make such changes no big raid will remain on AO
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post

No plz. S42 is the only raid left that requires more than 1 team. If FC make such changes no big raid will remain on AO
    Considering how hard it is to get even a single team together on RK2 anymore, that might not be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaria View Post
    Considering how hard it is to get even a single team together on RK2 anymore, that might not be a bad thing.
    Considering that we do it weekly on org coop, that might be a really bad thing.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

many do s42 still on rk2 as far as i know, just need to be in the right orgs;P

I think combination of many things have been what has made it so hard. There's no more "schedule" for game (Zods in X hours, APF in Y, then...). People are used to do things with smaller groups since instances. People with knowledge have left the game.

Too bad it has gone more to direction of being lucky with org and friends to get things done, unlike what it used to be, even if it does give more possibilities for those with "better" connections.
    Mireiawen Rose, 215/30/70 neut fixer, setup RK2
    Mireiwen Rose, 220/27/62 neut MA trader/tradeskiller, setup RK2
    Miraiwen Rose, 220/30/70 neut SMG soldier, setup RK2
    Miraeawen Rose, 220/27/70 neut MP, setup RK2
    Mireiaieawen Rose, 220/30/69 neut tank, RK2
    +bunch of others in Rose family...

President of Neutral Warriors | Neutnet mod | Mireiawen.net

Got superior pewpew or nerfbat? But it looks ugly, or you are just plain bored with everyone going around with same? Bump for Weapon Remodeling and get your unique looks!

Adding AXP'ing without loot-production and so much spreading of content (you know, 1 encounter for axp, another for ofab upgrades, a third for AI-bots, a forth for item X etc) is a part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post

I never suggested it should require less than several teams or that anyone should loose out on main loot, but to redo the encounter slightly and adjust it to the playertrends and population that is. I always thought we'd should do OS in pvm
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.