Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Balance: AO vs any other game

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    I prefer to play solo...
    That is your fail..

You reach too many assumptions.
    ...when it doesn't matter. Like city pvp or BS.
    ...and this is FC's fail.

It was/is/always will be a pathetic idea in a multi-player game that is meant to entertain groups of people to reward solo playing players more with Honor, Victory points, fairy dust or whatever you call it than group players. I don't say they should be punished or excluded from the gameplay but the solo-pvp-score-farm on bs has reached a new level of ridiculousness with the latest try to fix it, aka the new spawn system on the bs.

When groupplay is more important and people get more used to it, some classes will get their own nemesis classes... a solo crat is dead meat if the other team had a trader and a crat. Impressive if you think of it... no silly le nemesis nanos with some of them being so overpowered that some classes died out in pvp, some of them are so weak that nobody ever bothered to use them and some have never been casted because the class that got it died out long before le (at least in pvp).

You mentioned Tara. Great example. Classes did never matter at tara. Sure docs are good to have, but when you are at 10% hp you don't ask where that heal comes from, may it be a healpet, an adventurer, an agent, a martial artist, a... you get my point. A lot of classes have a lot of tools to contribute to a goup, some classes have a whole toolset that is more suited for groupplay than for soloplay but instead of using them WE went the easier way and limited us on the "solo" professions.

WTB the following pvp mission with double vp reward than the actual one:

• Kill an enemy with a mp in team.

instead of this actuall one:

• No matter who wins, just go to the BS and hold still while the hardcore pvpers [insert filthy word which would not pass the profanity filter here] you.

first you say that everything is the players fault, and in your last post you blame FC, im confused.

It does seem more logical to only be rewarded for winning BS rather than participating, but the scope for that logic is too narrow. The problem with BS is that it hardly runs, it hardly runs because there is no interest. These dailies encouraged froobs and anyone who wanted VP to come. It only works because it only requires that you show up. Making winning a necessity will deter people from even bothering. Granted, some zones still are dead, but its much better with the dailies, now that froobs are involved.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

I do not blame anyone. I am sure that the intents at funcom where always honest and players are players, if they smell a fotm they adapt to it. All that i offer is my interpretation of the situation and how it could be resolved for me. I played a lot of AO and i played almost every MMO that came out since 2001. I pvped in almost every game i played but i never bothered much with AO pvp lately and thats because i am a kind of player that enjoys the game at its best when i play together with others. A win for the team always granted me more joy than thousands of solo kills. I love AO for the fact that you can do quite a lot alone and in small teams but pvp must be a group thing only group pvp can really be balanced.

By the way: i never said anything about a win requirement in the pvp daily. Both missions can exist next to each other, giving players choice. A long time ago this game was all about choice (Shotgun MA and gelid soldier anyone?) and about playing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Garremp View Post
    That didn't sound like "along side" to me, but Id support that.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Pretty funny to compare AO to SWTOR ... patch 1.2 has basically turned SWTOR PVP into Winning = who has the most instant attacks with the most damage. Healing, guarding, tactics, strategy .... apparently not necessary when you are targeting a mass market. You know, AO has it's problems but it also gets ALOT of stuff right.

It just goes to show that even with millions of dollars and years of development, the elusive path for PVP balance isn't as straight and narrow as most of you think it should be.
    Aye 1.2 is looking like being a bit of a /fail for the ToR dev team. Especially coming on top of a whole range of other issues that they really should have sorted out first, before releasing substantially negative adjustments to the classes.

X
    Xtremtech: MetaPhysicist currently resident on Test. (209 + 21 AI Levels).

Various other test MPs of differing levels and builds available.

That is your fail..
    It was/is/always will be a pathetic idea in a multi-player game that is meant to entertain groups of people to reward solo playing players more with Honor, Victory points, fairy dust or whatever you call it than group players. I don't say they should be punished or excluded from the gameplay but the solo-pvp-score-farm on bs has reached a new level of ridiculousness with the latest try to fix it, aka the new spawn system on the bs.
    WAHHHH WAHHH its called a multiplayer game therefore multiple players HAVE to all work together and hold hands or you're a dirty epeen griefer noob nolife daddy issue COD kiddy WAAH.

Give it a break kid, different people enjoy different things.

When groupplay is more important and people get more used to it, some classes will get their own nemesis classes... a solo crat is dead meat if the other team had a trader and a crat. Impressive if you think of it... no silly le nemesis nanos with some of them being so overpowered that some classes died out in pvp, some of them are so weak that nobody ever bothered to use them and some have never been casted because the class that got it died out long before le (at least in pvp).
    Nemesis classes suck, why would you want to promote such retardation?

You mentioned Tara. Great example. Classes did never matter at tara. Sure docs are good to have, but when you are at 10% hp you don't ask where that heal comes from, may it be a healpet, an adventurer, an agent, a martial artist, a... you get my point. A lot of classes have a lot of tools to contribute to a goup, some classes have a whole toolset that is more suited for groupplay than for soloplay but instead of using them WE went the easier way and limited us on the "solo" professions.
    You obliviously aren't very good at pvp if you think a healpet helps you when you get called.

WTB the following pvp mission with double vp reward than the actual one:

• Kill an enemy with a mp in team.

• No matter who wins, just go to the BS and hold still while the hardcore pvpers [insert filthy word which would not pass the profanity filter here] you.
    Why would PvPers do a mission for VP? Obviously you aren't a PvPer.

Basically your whole post smacks of "Im a gimp MP and bad at pvp therefore I want to get FC to force people to team with me".
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Basically your whole post smacks of "Im a gimp MP and bad at pvp therefore I want to get FC to force people to team with me".

and this must be achieved with other means than making repeatable "achievement".
    Balancing classes to be somewhat equal is a first step.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

WAHHHH WAHHH its called a multiplayer game therefore multiple players HAVE to all work together and hold hands or you're a dirty epeen griefer noob nolife daddy issue COD kiddy WAAH.

Give it a break kid, different people enjoy different things.

Nemesis classes suck, why would you want to promote such retardation?

You obliviously aren't very good at pvp if you think a healpet helps you when you get called.

Why would PvPers do a mission for VP? Obviously you aren't a PvPer.

Basically your whole post smacks of "i'm feeling popular and/or drunk so lets go personal" kinda style.
    Docow 220/30/70 Doc (surprise eh?) Equip

Ruining The Asylum's chat since 2010!

You get popular by being nice not telling the truth.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

You get popular by being nice not telling the truth.
    You become popular by telling the truth while being nice about it
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Garremp you show lots of potential as an MP stick with it buddy good luck!

your an idiot

Whats with people saying get rid of /assist? This makes as much sense as having the Anti-Christ for a President (oh wait 2 late).

Ok, I have read the first few comments on this thread and i cant be bothered reading any of this bull**** anymore

First of all, mass pvp would be nice indeed, tho it's quite hard to accomplish this, unless they merge the servers
    Secondly, how is battlestation too large ? The place is even quite small, if you get 4 players per team you'll always run into one in notime
    Thirdly, battlestation is part of the game, if you really want to modify it so hard i bet alot of people would be disappointed
    Fourthly there is always some profession that will be better than another, you simply cannot make a balance between every single profession. And I'm not talkin bout certain professions having adventages over others.
    Fifthly; getting rid of assist; are you mad ? (I strongly dislike this sentance, but I felt like it really fits)

Not that this has anything to do with the topic, but I'm also quite tired of everyone complaigning about this profession and that profession that's overpowered, I agree some could use some nerfing, but you dont have to destroy them completely. And you guys dont even THINK about the concequences to PVM players. Rebalance might help make the game more fun, but from what I read a few months ago it will f*ck things up much harder than they help

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234