Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer lets you view existing AO planet maps without logging into the game. It also displays your character positions on the map. If you're multilogged, it'll plot all of them. You can also activate Overlay Mode, which makes the program stay on top of AO. Useful when you can't dedicate a screen to the program, for whatever reason.
Screenshots: (1.0.1) [Overlay Mode] [Multiple Characters]
Screenshots: (1.2.2) [LCA Information] [Magnification] [Highlight of active character]
Installer: v1.2.4 (10.0MB) (recommended; will install all prequesites)
Binaries: v1.2.4 (353.2kB)
- Display any planet map which is available within Anarchy Online
- AO does not need to run in order to view maps, but AO must run for there to be any character locators to display
- Place PMV on a secondary monitor, or switch to overlay mode to keep it on top of AO
- Display character locators, names, and optionally dimension on map for all logged in characters
- Display where a tracked character logged off (may be disabled by user)
- Highlights currently played character (this can be disabled) [Screenshot]
- Automatic map tracking
- Active character; PMV will keep the currently played character in center of screen
- Selected characters; PMV will attempt to keep user-defined characters on screen
- Automatic switching between Rubi-ka and Shadowlands maps; If you zone to SL, SL map is displayed.
- Magnification: Can quickly shrink or enlarge the active planet map. [Screenshot]
- TowerStatus: On-map display of current LCA (tower field) ownership, and recent attacks [Screenshot]. Automatically detects which dimension to display.
Microsoft .NET 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5
Microsoft .NET 4.0 Client Profile
Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0
Windows 8, 7, Vista or XP
User Level: Administrator (this is required for getting character location info from AO)
Graphics: A DirectX9-compatible graphics adapter
Created by Demoder (demoder -at- demoder.me)
Map plotting algorithm
Thanks to Vhab for turning a huge amount of data points into a formula which is useable to do accurate plotting on the map.
Also thanks to Niniko for providing documentation on some of the concepts involved in this process.
Thanks to Vhab for creating the icon, and to Onack for giving permission to use AoRK for icon generation.
Thanks to Iriche, Jandorith, Nesual, Onack, Phooy and Vhab for extensive testing.
Found a bug? Please create a bug report, reply to this thread or send me a PM. Thank you!
Please check out the project page for more information.