Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release Announcement: Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer

This already looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by idefistooshort View Post
    This please, marker for every mission taken, so when I blitz loads of nanos I wouldn't have to right-click every mission to find next closest one. (Maybe even show potential mission locations while rolling?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    Just a suggestion, dunno if its doable, but, when you log out and have map viewer on, it could save the location where the toon is at offline and show it on the map too, with different color ofc
    If these two functions were implemented, I would probably cry at this tool's awesomeness.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Sorry for not responding in a while. There's many awesome feature suggestions and bug reports here!

Here's a progress report on some of the planned features for v2 of the PlanetMap Viewer:
    - Mission locations: Needs more research. Definitely going to try and implement it, though.
    - Magnification (to zoom in/out on a selected layer): Operational. (AoRK layer 3: 50%, 100%, 400% - Additional zoom levels: 75% and 200%)
    - Automatic switching between RK/SL maps: Optional feature; Operational.
    - Remember character (and mission) locations after logoff: Operational. (Before and after logging off a character)

Bugs: I've had the EasyHookSvc crash happen on Win7 now. It's a hard bug to reproduce, but I'm working on fixing it.
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 7th, 2012 at 13:44:15.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I just thought of suggestion, not sure if it's doable...

Your characters vector on map, based on last positions and speed.

Basicly just a line which shows your line to map border at current heading. If going fancy maybe include time to reach certain distances, would help aiming to certain locations while flying on RK...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Sweet.
    Didn't know about this software till my guild pres told me about it

How exactly does it work? Does it read from Memory or logfiles?

If it reads from memory its eula break, isnt it?

Anyway, gotta test this **** out!

Edit:

Tested a lil now and it works nice. Possible to add an option to hide all menus, so only map is visible? more sexier for my system :-D
    Last edited by Maurtue; Apr 27th, 2012 at 22:32:32.

Ekarona: Sounds like a nice feature. I'll look into adding it if I get the time.

Maurtue:
    "Overlay mode" (F12) optimizes the UI layout for displaying as much map as possible; It does keep the window on top of all other windows though. I'll look into adding some more fine control to this to allow mixing and matching of the behaviour of normal/overlay/fullscreen mode.

As for how it works:
    It's actually a DLL injection; That is, a custom .dll is injected into the AO process and a new thread is spawned to execute its code. This is the same method some other tools use, for example clicksaver.
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 28th, 2012 at 15:32:07.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

So basically reverse engineering? I'm not too good with programming, so i could be wrong..

Anyway, nice thingy you got here. I might PM you about an idea that i've had for some months..

New release: 1.2.2!

Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer (PMV) version 1.2.2 is now available!
    This release contains many new features, and some bug fixes.

For more information on what PMV is, please see the original post.

Downloads
    Installer: v1.2.2 (10.0MB) (recommended; will install all prequesites)
    Binaries: v1.2.2 (356.0kB)

Notable changes
    • Now compatible with Anarchy Online patch 18.5.0
    • Automatic switching between RK/SL maps based on characters being tracked
    • Option to track the character which is currently being played
    • Highlights character which is currently being played (this can be disabled) [Screenshot]
    • Now remebers character positions after logoff
    • Magnification: You may now shrink or enlarge any planet map layer. (See tutorial or readme for more details) [Screenshot]
    • On-map display of current LCA (tower field) ownership, and recent attacks (enable the TowerStatus plugin to enable this. Information is updated once every minute.) [Screenshot]
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 15:59:19.

Funcom employee

I'm loving it

Thank you Demoder.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Nerf pretty great stuff
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

J00 awesome. Nerfbat plz!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

I so much want to output map screen to small projector to wall, then 2 monitors for dual log, 1 for browser/email.

Outputs! I need outputs!

Demoder's Planet Map Viewer lost track of characters/active window if you use /camp to log a new toon. Its still ok if you quit and start a new AO instance.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

just wanted to drop a note and say thanks for making this tool. i use the heck out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Demoder's Planet Map Viewer lost track of characters/active window if you use /camp to log a new toon. Its still ok if you quit and start a new AO instance.
    I can confirm this. So it's definitely not compatible with 18.5.0.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer (PMV) version 1.2.3 is now available!
    This release fixes an issue where PMV would stop tracking characters properly when you used 'quit to login'.

For more information on what PMV is, please see the original post.

Downloads
    Installer: v1.2.3 (10.0MB) (recommended; will install all prequesites)
    Binaries: v1.2.3 (346.4kB)
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 15:58:50. Reason: Fixed broken links.

^^^
    I had hoped to add more fixes & features before making a new release, then got distracted by other projects and forgot all about it. I'm sorry for the delay this caused!
    This will hopefully be the last release in the 1.2.x tree.

Features scheduled for the next major release (2.x) include:
    • Optional position sharing among friends, raid partners, or some other arbitary group of your chosing.
    • Display of guide coordinates on map (powered by AOU)
    • Display of custom coordinates on map

I like this tool.. It makes me want to learn C# and tinker with it

This is great! Thanks
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

I'm glad you guys like the tool. If you have any suggestions/wishes, please don't hesitate to post!

Quote Originally Posted by lyledesol View Post
    I like this tool.. It makes me want to learn C# and tinker with it
    Programming is fun! And c# is a pretty good place to start. Send a PM if you want some tips on getting started

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast