Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release Announcement: Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer

this tool looks awesome!

however i have a problem installing it.. doesnt matter if i download the setup or the binaries. both ways a file gets downloaded i cant open/instal o,O

could someone help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    this tool looks awesome!

however i have a problem installing it.. doesnt matter if i download the setup or the binaries. both ways a file gets downloaded i cant open/instal o,O

could someone help me with that?
    They're zipped archives; You'll need a program to unzip them. Most modern versions of Windows (except XP?) should have built-in tools for this; However, since you can't open the file, may I suggest winzip or 7-zip?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Programming is fun! And c# is a pretty good place to start. Send a PM if you want some tips on getting started
    Pascal is a good place to start, C# is not.
    Of course this is purely my opinion after all these years, but I don't find C# to be a good language to teach fundamentals in.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Pascal is a good place to start, C# is not.
    Of course this is purely my opinion after all these years, but I don't find C# to be a good language to teach fundamentals in.
    I've received very good feedback from those starting out on C#.
    It has a somewhat higher entry point than for example PHP, but as result allows a starting programmer to pick up less bad habits off the bat.

As added bonus, it's real world experience right away. Plenty of C# shops if a student wants to make a few bucks.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

lmfao my bad sry, didnt check the ending. ofc i have a decryption prgram (winzip) it just somehow lost the information that it should automatically open the zip.. xD

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I've received very good feedback from those starting out on C#.
    It has a somewhat higher entry point than for example PHP, but as result allows a starting programmer to pick up less bad habits off the bat.
    I've yet to find a good programmer who's first language was C#. Perhaps it's just my country and the lecturers + resources available for people that make then somewhat disappointing. I also find people who started with Java & still continue to use and have yet to experience any other languages have many bad habits that I just want to slap out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    As added bonus, it's real world experience right away. Plenty of C# shops if a student wants to make a few bucks.
    Very true, even here, more and more places are setting up C# shops.

I'll just stick to my Python, R, Lua, C, & Obj-C for now. Next languages I want to find a purpose for are Erlang, Go, & Processing. It was going to be C# for handling PowerPivot -> MongoDB, but that ended up in a dead end. :/

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I'm having issues getting this to work, I cant figure out what program to select for it to open :/ seems I'm pretty scrubby at this lol

Anyone able to tell me how to do this and what to open it with?
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    I'm having issues getting this to work, I cant figure out what program to select for it to open :/ seems I'm pretty scrubby at this lol

Anyone able to tell me how to do this and what to open it with?
    Please see this post.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Please see this post.
    Wow I even saw that post the day it was made, sorry for the downy moment :/ thanks!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Release: 1.2.4!

Demoder's PlanetMap Viewer (PMV) version 1.2.4 is now available!
    This release is a maintenance release, featuring improved reliability and compatibility with 18.6.0 / merge.

For more information on what PMV is, please see the original post.

Downloads
    Installer: v1.2.4 (10.0MB) (recommended; will install all prequesites)
    Binaries: v1.2.4 (353.2kB)
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 22nd, 2014 at 16:01:03. Reason: Fixed broken links.

(Taken from the AoRK thread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexx42 View Post
    I do understand why you have no shame in plugging that tool.

It is friggin awesome!

Well, consider my issue closed. :P

Edit: Is there a player indicator that would show my exact position? So far the map follows my char exactly (as far as I can tell), and is centered on him. WTB http://puu.sh/4c6f6.PNG.

But I kid you not, this is exactly what I was looking for, plus now I even have more screen estate for AO to play with since the map isn't blocking 40%!

Thank you so much!
    It's always nice when people like the tool!

The center dot of the icon is the exact position of your character. This may be off by 2px due to inaccuracies in formula and the map itself.

I'll look into adding an alternative character locator in a later release.

Sorry, I had accidentally disabled the Character Locator plugin without realizing it, then I saw it again.

The current thing is nice, no need for anything else... except...

How about a server where people can connect to, maybe even budabot, otherwise standalone, that offers locations from other players as long as they are connected to the server?
    Updaterate of 10ish seconds for corpmates, 0.5-1s or similar for teammates?

Edit: Orgmates is gravy, but teammates on screen would rock!
    Last edited by Lexx42; Aug 27th, 2013 at 13:56:36.

Lexx42's suggestion just reminded me of an idea I had long ago, but never got around to post...

How about adding a layer, where the user can put comments in the shape of an icon with pop-up text when hovering above it with the mouse... With an optional header on the icon, various icons to choose from... stuff like that...

Coordinates, Icon type, text saved in a text/xml file for easy sharing via import/export with other users. Ooohhh, teh possibilities are endless...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Coordinates, Icon type, text saved in a text/xml file for easy sharing via import/export with other users. Ooohhh, teh possibilities are endless...
    You mean, similar to the maps in The Secret World?
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    You mean, similar to the maps in The Secret World?
    Honestly can't even recall that, but sure thing... If it works, it works...

I don't care if someone else have done it before

When I start Planetmap Viewer (PMV), UAC (I think) pops up, which crashes AO.

This happens with all programs that opens up UAC, not just PMV.

Any way to avoid this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    When I start Planetmap Viewer (PMV), UAC (I think) pops up, which crashes AO.

This happens with all programs that opens up UAC, not just PMV.

Any way to avoid this?
    Sadly, PMV needs administrator rights to get the information it needs from AO.

You can adjust your UAC settings to disable 'secure desktop' (this is what crashes AO). Here's a guide which seems to do the trick on explaining this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

PS: I strongly discourage disabling UAC entirely.

[QUOTE=Demoder;6150281]Sadly, PMV needs administrator rights to get the information it needs from AO.

You can adjust your UAC settings to disable 'secure desktop' (this is what crashes AO). Here's a guide which seems to do the trick on explaining this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/

Thanks... Think I Will just dó that

Feature request:
    A line that shows direction being travelled.

If you manage to add my previous suggestion this would be doubly handy, not only know where your teammates are, but also where they are going!

I am usually heading for something when on the move, and it would help with aligning on my target.
    Last edited by Lexx42; Sep 1st, 2013 at 00:03:28.

Bug report/change request:
    I assume it is intended behaviour, but if I move the map with the mouse and switch back to AO it won't update to that windows position (so basically moving the map turns off follow active window) anymore, fix is to click on the Active Window button.
    Moving it with WASD doesn't cause Active Window updates to stop.

I'd like it to always stick to the selected active window update setting, how about a toggle, hotkey space? So the only way to disable it is hitting space or clicking a checkbox off?

Thanks for your work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast