Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: /pet hunt command has been disabled, WHY?

I just found this out the hard way after a long summer break, its the most fun part. type hunt then follow and assist the bot. this is the best way to avoid close combat and keep the points to develop engi skills ( I think you are suppost to...thay why it is calles a Engineer) and make the bots that are suppost to do the dirty work for you. It made me log out instantly go to the funcom page and disable my account. I din't spend 10 years on several chars ..but specially my favorite (Engi) to find out I have to reset my points to be able to play another strategy. And make a Engi without engineering skills ?.

Have a nice life peops. extra good luck to the peops I know best.
    (I someone from Nem reads this. you can kick my chars out)

/quit

-C

can i have your stuff?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Chrush View Post
    I just found this out the hard way after a long summer break, its the most fun part. type hunt then follow and assist the bot. this is the best way to avoid close combat and keep the points to develop engi skills ( I think you are suppost to...thay why it is calles a Engineer) and make the bots that are suppost to do the dirty work for you. It made me log out instantly go to the funcom page and disable my account. I din't spend 10 years on several chars ..but specially my favorite (Engi) to find out I have to reset my points to be able to play another strategy. And make a Engi without engineering skills ?.

Have a nice life peops. extra good luck to the peops I know best.
    (I someone from Nem reads this. you can kick my chars out)

/quit

-C

bring back afk levelling or i'll quit like this afk leveller did!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    bring back afk levelling or i'll quit like this afk leveller did!
    Doesn't sound like he was afk if he was assisting his bot and looting.. just saying.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

i've said this before and i'll say it again: if you're NOT afk, there's absolutely nothing that /pet accomplishes that can't be accomplished with /pet attack. (aside from that one bugged spawn spot in inf mishes)

so if he's following his bot and looting and assisting and all that the removal of /pet hunt increases the number of button presses he needs to make by 1 per mob. ( so he now needs to press a button every time he wants to kill a mob, not just when he gets into an area)

I wasn't debating whether or not /pet hunt should've been removed. I was just pointing out that what you described as afk wasn't actually afk (away from keyboard) since he stated clearly that he was doing something during the fights and after.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Instead of taking away a useful tool, maybe they could have focused on pet pathing and getting pets to remember their commands. :\

Quote Originally Posted by xerenity View Post
    Instead of taking away a useful tool, maybe they could have focused on pet pathing and getting pets to remember their commands. :\
    when did they take away a useful tool? o-o

this is a thread about /pet hunt removal fyi.

Because coordinating the attacks of 3 characters (you and 2 attack pets) isn't at all difficult under any circumstances (for instance when you're swamped by someone pulling badly).

If the original problem has been fixed anyway, all that's happened here is the loss of a great crowd control tool.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Any crat that reaches to the point of having 2 pets and still can't control a crowd of mobs should delete the character and roll something easyer.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Because coordinating the attacks of 3 characters (you and 2 attack pets) isn't at all difficult under any circumstances (for instance when you're swamped by someone pulling badly).
    it's not. it's actually quite easy if you have even an ounce of situational awareness. aoe calms, aoe roots, dodge the blame, properly named and keybound pets and it's super super easy.

If the original problem has been fixed anyway, all that's happened here is the loss of a great crowd control tool.

how exactly is letting your pets' ai rampage around breaking calms a "crowd control tool" ? i'm honestly confused by this.

especially with that bug where the pet would run up to a calmed mob, hit it, and then suddenly switch targets, breaking 2 calms for the price of one.

here's a handy protip if you're having trouble tho. /macro petass /pet behind \n /assist <caller> \n /pet attack

throw that on your hotbar with <caller> replaced with the name of whoever sucks the least in your team. when you see a bad pull press that button and let the pets wipe their agg list, and go kill whatever that guy is killing while you busy yourself with all the other things a crat should be doing at that time (namely: calming adn debuffing). see? easy peasy fabreezy.
    Last edited by Lazy; Nov 2nd, 2012 at 18:09:01.

You're confused because Engis don't have calms...
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

you're right. i am. i blame malraux for bringing up crats

but that makes me wonder. what is it that an engie is so busy doing that they can't micromanage their pets during a "bad pull" ? press 1 keybind to queue perks and then go get a drink? tradeskill ai armor? cyb0r in /tells? lemme ask my engie friend what he does in combat and get back to you.

a bad pull can be recovered from if everyone in the team is paying attention. a bad pull can't be recovered from if pets are left to their own devices and attack whatever they want.

I pull a lot of inf missions with my engi for lower level guys, some of them are obviously less experienced.
    When a bad pull happens, you know how mobs would rather attack a player character than a pet, so I have to set one pet on a mob and get agg from it to myself, pet on another mob, then swap targets to get agg.
    While I'm watching who's getting damage and babysitting the lower level guys, the last thing I want is my pet coming back to me and standing doing nothing.
    Yes, /pet guard checks this most of the time, but not always.

There's also times like S13 when the adds come, its nice to be able to set them on hunt cos you can't see where all the mobs are.

There are many reasons and places that /pet hunt is useful...
    And since its been a FEATURE of the game for so long, different people have come to use it in different ways.

I'm happy for you that you don't find it useful, but many of us do. And we've now been stripped of a tool that we've used for many years, and that causes an alteration in the way we play.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

everything you've listed can be done just as easily with /pet attack if you're paying even an ounce of attention. doubly so since an engie has to press 1 button per minute to queue perks and the rest of the time he can spend picking his nose while watching tv.

so basically all you want is to have your pets wander around and attack whatever while you go afk to get coffee. gotcha.

Some of us would like to do things ourselves without resorting to key bindings, which is frankly no different to automated playing, which I should point out is against FCs EULA...

As I said while you weren't listening, everyone plays differently, and some of us liked the feature that has been in the game for so many years.

Tell you what, how about removing mezing from the game? Thats obviously just a way to play without having to be careful...
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

yes. pianorolling is SOOOOOOOOOOOO different from keybinds....

Whatever, this is a thread for those that are not happy losing a useful tool thats been in the game for years.
    Instead of trolling this one, why not go make a thread about how the loss of this tool is good for the game, and I won't be a jerk and refrain from trolling it...
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

i am extremely disappointed that my afk city raiding tool is removed, dont get me wrong. im sad and frustrated that i have to pay attention instead of hitting /pet hunt and going to make dinner.

Yes, very humorous, I can tell you've spent a lot of time thinking about that. Honestly, if you've got nothing constructive to say, why come here and spout your crap?
    If you're trying for a flame war then you've picked the wrong person. We both have our own ideas on this, the main difference is that mine are serious and yours are designed to get a rise out of someone and don't help the situation.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast