Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Teasing engine-teaser is teasing

Funcom employee Teasing engine-teaser is teasing

Teasing engine-teaser is teasing

Over the course of today we’ll be rolling out the short engine-video teaser across the world through different press venues. Since we don’t want to wait until all of them woke up, crawled into their offices and pressed send, we’ll just go ahead and post the different links in this thread once they appear online.

The video is not all though. Our very own charming Lindelu has taken the time to answer pressing questions for interviews, that go with the video! So check back frequently to get the links to all those interviews, even if you’ve seen the trailer already.

I’ll be in the cleaning room, getting all the drool from my keyboard now… cya in Rubi-Ka!

Engine-Teaser Link Collection

Ooooh! Progress!
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Looks ok.

Nice to see some moving footage of the damn thing, but I can't help but feel slightly underwhelmed. The words 'Five Years' just sit in the back of my head, poking my brain.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 27th, 2012 at 11:17:19.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Sweet!
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

Finally! Yay!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

yeah!!!
    Defectorid Enf 220/25 - RK1 setup

Missdefy Doc 216/13 - RK1 setup

join us

Experienced Kazbah - 220 Keeper - <3

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

Finally ^^
    PvP n' Stuff (more soon™)

Proud President of Mercenaries

Looking really good. And in the interview text we see talk of character selection screen and new player market.

I like the fact Lind capitalised on the diversity of AO and how it may appeal to other MMO gamers disenfranchised by homogenisation and simplification in other titles.

I dont know if the server merge discussion was right for interview as it has the stigma of 'shrinking population' which won't help encourage new players, maybe that particular discussion is better left away from marketing?

Now lets just hope it gets delivered within a solid timescale.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

It looks good and, when actually pausing the video to actually look at what's being shown on screen, it looks astounding when compared to today's graphics.

My guess is that the video was much longer, but cut down quite a lot and everything was randomly assembled with brusque transitions between the scenes you were trying to show off.

I think Marketing is confusing some of AO's player-base with some ADD youngsters that can't focus too much on things. Probably someone on the FC's Marketing team suffers from the zapping syndrome.

At least for me, it comes as a jumbled association of screens you can't really focus too well on and less a fluent video actually showing off the improvements.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Gonna be great

I am SOOOO looking forward to it...

Hopefully it will bring back some old members too..

Quote Originally Posted by Siorai2 View Post
    …I dont know if the server merge discussion was right for interview as it has the stigma of 'shrinking population' which won't help encourage new players, maybe that particular discussion is better left away from marketing?…
    Well, the interviewer did ask Lindelu the question. Was she supposed to ignore it?
    Don't mind me. I'm just passin' through.
    ::CLAN ADV :Chairman's Prize for Holy LOL recipient: RK-I::
    The Red Brotherhood
    If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'm gonna stick my leet in the mashed potatoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    Well, the interviewer did ask Lindelu the question. Was she supposed to ignore it?
    Maybe diverting the question into an answer about launching a new server later in the year for increased longevity and migrating current populations onto the new technology could have avoided the 'we're discussing a server merge' answer? It just seemed like a negative sentiment within an otherwise very upbeat and optimistic interview.
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

Yep, engine is looking good so far.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Great video imo, it makes me wanna play indeed, update notes sound interresting too and overall the interview looks good. Siorai2 has a valid point there though, but unless you read into it very carefully (and a new player most likely wont) then u wont see it as constricting to the game
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Impressive, most impressive.
    Niles73 220/30/70/s/p/(-and (preLE/Alba/DB)Guide) - Trox way => can't make life? Take life!
    Phoeniles 200/30/60 - reborn ranged opi adv!
    Nilose 220/30/68 /s - plays for team alt gear farm
    Nilbit 220/30/70 /s - parked gimptast
    Nilo 220/27/68 /solo pvm/pvp - parked DD

Duke Nukem Forever is out.. now what?

Hmm...not bad but why that small guy do not have his shadow ?
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

The APF corridor lighting effects are nice, for sure

But that blasted repeating textured rock is still there
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Page 1 of 12 123456789101112 LastLast