Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Teasing engine-teaser is teasing

Just one word after watching this teaser : "almost there" !
    (Yes, that makes 2 words but such result clearly deserved it).
    That's over expectations ; hope it'll release the soonest possible to bring people back ingame.
    So as we say during notum wars when CT is nearly killed : PUSH DMG, NAABZ !
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

So you folks are relying on post-process FXAA and not implementing MSAA into the deferred pipeline? I haven't touched AoC since beta so I don't know if that currently supports MSAA and not just FXAA.

Personally I'd rather have both as there are benefits to both approaches which neither can fully overcome. Skyrim MSAA + FXAA is a perfect example.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There were several updated meshes and textures on display though Omni ent bit and such.
    I stand corrected. And I should have pointed that I meant that about the houses ruins in WV which I think could have been less angular (they already look like that) or more refined (bump map, displacement map, etc). Eck, include that Bot in the bag, he looked even more awful than on my computer (which uses all the lowest settings). Yes, I know he uses a texture where as the reworked version might have 10-15 times more poly = less faked depth on the cloth.

Since my comment, I rewatched the trailer two more times. I hope we can turn off god rays, not a big fan.

Looks better? Yes. I'll need a new computer? Yes! (not afraid it won't run, just ashamed I wouldn't thank/appreciate all the efforts by not playing the game in all its pixels glory)

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    So you folks are relying on post-process FXAA and not implementing MSAA into the deferred pipeline? I haven't touched AoC since beta so I don't know if that currently supports MSAA and not just FXAA.

Personally I'd rather have both as there are benefits to both approaches which neither can fully overcome. Skyrim MSAA + FXAA is a perfect example.
    Dreamworld currently uses FXAA.

Videos and pics have been paraded before. Still waitin' for the real thing. Until then, no reason for me to get excited.

/yawn
    'The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.' - Steven Wright

Too much FX, too short cuts, too short movie overall imo ! We can't know what amount of After Effect has been applied to it ... WTB rough cuts :/

Also, any bedroom graphist could do this within 2 days of work ... makes it a week because it's corporate maybe but ... Why the hell so much delaying since Mean's video announcment ? Seriously ?

And bump for community produced assets/textures/mesh/sound etc, let us mod that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    Too much FX, too short cuts, too short movie overall imo ! We can't know what amount of After Effect has been applied to it ... WTB rough cuts :/

Also, any bedroom graphist could do this within 2 days of work ... makes it a week because it's corporate maybe but ... Why the hell so much delaying since Mean's video announcment ? Seriously ?

And bump for community produced assets/textures/mesh/sound etc, let us mod that game.

I'd like to point you to the title of the thread: "Teasing engine-teaser is teasing"

like he said in his post, this is NOT the full video, but rather a teaser of what is to come.

it's the trailer teaser !

in 1 year, we will have the trailer...

then the long version trailer...

then in 2018 : the engine going live !!

yay !
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Funcom employee

It's an engine-teaser, not a video-teaser. Semantics, but important ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisdoc View Post
    I have to disagree to the EvE requirements. Ever played EvE in a fleet with say 100 ships fighting another 100 ships? Or 200, 300, 500? Each ship then has 5 drones out, shooting with laz0rs, gunz, missiles or those hybrids, being hit, explodes etc etc. Even on a good computer such huge fights can stress modern hardware. That's why a lot of those effects are shut off - simply to be able to actually play.
    So now show me where AO has ten times the objects and effects to be rendered? When running through crowded (ha ha) areas with huge actions (even more ha ha) - what makes that ten times of what happens in a fight in EvE.

KD

The same could be applied to AO, we used to have large 120vs120 tl7 fights back in 2005-2007. And if we had the numbers EVE has, we could have 200vs200, 300vs300. This argument is applicable to every game witch has some sort of land control. 400 players rendering buffs effects, pets, armor, weapon tracers, special skill, etc...

AO has a complete 3D graphical world everywhere. EVE most of the time just draws a few Good looking Ship some asteroids, a pretty background and battle effects if you're mining or doing missions.
    Last edited by heilt-do; Mar 29th, 2012 at 19:38:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldgeist View Post
    It's an engine-teaser, not a video-teaser. Semantics, but important ones.
    So does that mean there is not another video to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    So does that mean there is not another video to come?
    Both Linde and Ily have said that there will be more videos to come as they (devs) get closer to releasing the engine. Neither have given dates nor time frames. So what you have seen is what you get, for now.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Both Linde and Ily have said that there will be more videos to come as they (devs) get closer to releasing the engine. Neither have given dates nor time frames. So what you have seen is what you get, for now.
    Coming soon... few years waitin again...

Coming soon... back to AO...
    Junfanlee 220/30 Martial Artist - Deranden 200 Froob Martial Artist
    Cyreidan 170/24/42 Adventurer - Daylate 110/12 Doctor
    Deraldon 100 Froob Fixer - Haroshan 90/9 Agent
    Deretham 65 Froob Enforcer - Malberan 36/4 Enforcer
    Forselling 25 Froob Trader - Talishon 21/2 Trader
    Forsidexp1 14 Froob Trader - Imwhoim 1 Froob Agent

President
    of Fist and Faith

IMPORTANT QUESTION NEVER READ BY ME BEFORE

I understand that you can't update how Aztur looks, but with a new engine, will we see awesome looking bosses with new textures in new encounters post engine patch? To make it more clear... A new instance which will be introduced after the new engine, will be on par with AoC/TSW on every graphical detail? Cause if the engine allows it, it will still mean that you're launching AO2, just that it's completely empty at start.

THAT WAS THE AWESOME QUESTION, TO WHICH THE ANSWER, IF POSITIVE, WILL MEAN MORE THAN ANY TEASER RIDLEY SCOTT COULD MAKE FOR THIS ENGINE

Also, you shouldn't say things about how big the TSW staff is, I hoped it was alot bigger than EVE's, you're discouraging me to do the thing my old AO friends tell me I shouldn't, buying it.
    Last edited by landdog; Mar 30th, 2012 at 11:24:48.

Quote Originally Posted by landdog View Post

I understand that you can't update how Aztur looks, but with a new engine, will we see awesome looking bosses with new textures in new encounters post engine patch? To make it more clear... A new instance which will be introduced after the new engine, will be on par with AoC/TSW on every graphical detail? Cause if the engine allows it, it will still mean that you're launching AO2, just that it's completely empty at start.

THAT WAS THE AWESOME QUESTION, TO WHICH THE ANSWER, IF POSITIVE, WILL MEAN MORE THAN ANY TEASER RIDLEY SCOTT COULD MAKE FOR THIS ENGINE

/also, you shouldn't say things about how big the TSW staff is, I hoped it was alot bigger than EVE's, you're discouraging me to do the thing my old AO friends tell me I shouldn't, buying it.
    i doubt it. for the boss models maybe, but world building or level building and how it is implemented in the game might hold big differences which disallow certain things. but i suppose they could be made much more appealing than today, as long as it's build from scratch. but new instances in the past usually used just existing tiles and models for the most part, so don't get your hopes too high.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

/also, you shouldn't say things about how big the TSW staff is, I hoped it was alot bigger than EVE's, you're discouraging me to do the thing my old AO friends tell me I shouldn't, buying it.
    So, you want to accentuate the fact that upgraded AO will be a patchwork of old and new by adding full out shinies in new content?

1.) "I thought you said they upgraded the graphics?"

2.) "They did man, ain't the graphics awesomesauce now?!?"

1.) "Dude, these graphics are still old as hell."

2.) "Nah man, wait 'til you see the new dungeon!"

1.) "So, I need to slog though 220 levels of meh to see 1 dungeon of "awesomesauce"?

2.) "Yeah man, it's totally worth it!"

1.) "Yeeaahh, just send me the Fraps, okay? I'll pass."

itt. People's over inflated expectations to upgrading the graphics of an 11 year old game.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

you are wrong. Aztur can be updated, totw can be updated, borealis can be update. and everything else too.
    only thing thats limiting devs is physical dimensions. new things need to be about the same size as old are now so you can't be inside object x on new engine while being outside with old one.

new heads also are only for new engine, old one will use current heads.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Mar 30th, 2012 at 07:08:24.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    itt. People's over inflated expectations to upgrading the graphics of an 11 year old game.
    Considering people have continually heard "graphics upgrade" for the last 5+ years from both FC devs AND especially from overzealous players trying to snag new players by exaggerating how great the upgrade was gonna be, I suspect roughly 90% of those who've been waiting for it are going to be underwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    I suspect roughly 90% of those who've been waiting for it are going to be underwhelmed.
    im wondering how can you make omni ent look any better than whats shown on the video?
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast