Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Teasing engine-teaser is teasing

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    removal of /pet hunt I guess ...
    Doesn't really affect me one way or the other. In all of the years that I've played a pet profession (MP and Crat) I have only every used /pet hunt in Crypt of Home, Team Dark Ruins, that one spot in some Inferno Missions where the mob is unattackable under a tree like thing and in temples if I'm farming insignias and too lazy to keep hitting my attack macro. Is it mainly engies that use /pet hunt to afk level or does it serve people some other purpose?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Would have been nice if ao-universe had been given the chance to show the trailer
    imo..

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Doesn't really affect me one way or the other. In all of the years that I've played a pet profession (MP and Crat) I have only every used /pet hunt in Crypt of Home, Team Dark Ruins, that one spot in some Inferno Missions where the mob is unattackable under a tree like thing and in temples if I'm farming insignias and too lazy to keep hitting my attack macro. Is it mainly engies that use /pet hunt to afk level or does it serve people some other purpose?
    well, the only other pet related change is pets going from 2 hours duration to "infinite" duration ...

not sure this change will modify the gameplay a lot... probably because recasting pets once every 2 hours is not that bad... except if you afk /pet hunt !!
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    It's in the notes for what's going on the test server on Thursday... MP pets and Crat robotic pets will no longer time out. I happen to have both professions so thought it was pretty cool. Also some changes to how +damage items affect nanodamage.
    Oh, hadn't seen those. Thanks!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Awsome bday present from FC, just 1 day early.... ah well see if i care!
    Looks good and up to date, althought i'm still curious about character animations
    Member of Tiger Claw
    Crushr - Chebang - Githzy - Clushl
    And many more alts...

Originally Posted by Riahmant
    me: ok your going on ignore for being ignorant
    ******fixer:its spelled ignorent

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    well, the only other pet related change is pets going from 2 hours duration to "infinite" duration ...

not sure this change will modify the gameplay a lot... probably because recasting pets once every 2 hours is not that bad... except if you afk /pet hunt !!
    I've had my pets time out at the most inconvenient times.. and I never use /pet hunt to play my pet professions AFK.

What I will say that I am liking about Lindelu already is that some of the annoying stuff in game is getting corrected a piece at a time. From a personal standpoint, seeing an actual video (even if it is a teaser), and reading about the cool changes in the next patch is a very welcome relief.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 27th, 2012 at 14:53:18.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

That leet walking around in the backyard was thinking "wtf happened to this place after all these years!"

Looks nice but (insert skeptical comment here)! j/k, good work FC and would love to see this soon!

I too was underwhelmed by the video, somehow, until I saw the leet scene. Might have been that I expected meshes/assets seen in it to have been updated. You know, like movies : select scenes, add the VFX for the trailer, then VFX the rest of the movie whie it runs on tv (might not be how the movie industry really do it, I don't care).

Thumbs up on Player Browser-Market and Character selection hub (CSH).

Now, how about a video of the CSH before July 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbigre View Post
    Would have been nice if ao-universe had been given the chance to show the trailer
    imo..

They wouldn't have released it until after the engine was live in case it spoiled the fun of exploring the new engine on our own.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Still Alive...
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Graphics looked gorgeous, eagerly anticipating. Was less thrilled with the transitions, seemed a bit incoherent.

Just went paid recently after a few years as froob, very happy froob program looks to be staying. I've been trying to introduce friends and acquaintances to AO, and from what I've seen, the new graphics and new starter experience would help a LOT with retention.

Server merge sounds good, would really like more people to interact with. Allowing froobs in GMS should help economy for everyone.

bout 2 years for a 1 minute video, good job! Now bring players to the game

Quote Originally Posted by Githzy View Post
    Awsome bday present from FC, just 1 day early.... ah well see if i care!
    Looks good and up to date, althought i'm still curious about character animations

I believe it will stay the same stiff animation, they are not upgrading the phisics portion of the game...

Heres a vid of a borealis test run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw0OJMiN5mU

Woot.
    This teaser is quite nice, definitely delivers as advertised, if not more!

I only wish it would've been available as 1080p.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Makabey View Post
    I too was underwhelmed by the video, somehow, until I saw the leet scene. Might have been that I expected meshes/assets seen in it to have been updated. You know, like movies : select scenes, add the VFX for the trailer, then VFX the rest of the movie whie it runs on tv (might not be how the movie industry really do it, I don't care).

Thumbs up on Player Browser-Market and Character selection hub (CSH).

Now, how about a video of the CSH before July 2012?
    There were several updated meshes and textures on display though Omni ent bit and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigister View Post
    I believe it will stay the same stiff animation, they are not upgrading the phisics portion of the game...

Heres a vid of a borealis test run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw0OJMiN5mU
    Physics and animation are not related :| AO hardly has a physics element.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Congratz! As being probably the only italian on Rk1 i found great to have the interview in italian!
    The article is very nice, the teaser is awsome!
    I will buy a new comp when AO (XP) is out!

Only one suggestion, for hat regards the italian mmo comunity the mmorpgitalia.it portal is much more wide and lots of people check it regularly for news&updates. Maybe your PR's should try to get in touch with them and make them publish an article, think lot of people would read it!

Cheers and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    There were several updated meshes and textures on display though Omni ent bit and such.

Physics and animation are not related :| AO hardly has a physics element.
    They would probably have to make a whole new game if they wanted to add better animations to the characters, i loved how characters were animated on Age of Conan, first time i monted the horse in that game i was overwhelmed by how fluid that animation was.

I know i guy who knows a guy, i'll try to push this vid into kotaku

I don't know about you guys, but that teaser didn't really impress me. That video just makes me want the rebalance more than the actual engine to be honest, nothing THAT appealing in the video and I'd much rather have balance than slightly improved shinies that still doesn't look good compared to modern mmos.

This is my first negative comment about the engine and it really bothers me that I just don't see the stuff that should be breathtaking or amazing :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Didn't Kotaku lose 90% of their readers when they launched that appalling redesign? I certainly never read there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but that teaser didn't really impress me. That video just makes me want the rebalance more than the actual engine to be honest, nothing THAT appealing in the video and I'd much rather have balance than slightly improved shinies that still doesn't look good compared to modern mmos.

This is my first negative comment about the engine and it really bothers me that I just don't see the stuff that should be breathtaking or amazing :/
    They're adding a new rendering engine to a 11 year old game, how did you ever come to expect something even close to modern MMOs? :|
    The Red Brotherhood

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast