Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Teasing engine-teaser is teasing

Can i ask something and dont take it wrong...
    Instead of dedicating time,resources and effort into making things which are...obsolete from their day of creation why dont you devote all that into the real problems of this game,like bugged-stuck sl spots ,drop rates of needed things (eye of the evening star for ex) compared to not needed things (sword of perseus for ex), pvp 1-120 being OSBed like stuffed turkeys trader enfos running up and down tower sites no one cares defend, Aimed Shot online, ipande and collector having killed any raid where # of people >7 and so on.
    I sincerely fail (eh i fail, i know it ;p) to see what good the engine will be to a game which atm is make a doc crat enfo solja pvm/pvp (and a JAME trader T-W-I-N-K)and log on to do nothing but help some other guy make his doc enfo sol crat.At least my experience past 3 years is that and i want to believe i know a healthy chunk of rk2 omnis/neuts ;p
    If you really care about this game, and the reason why its still up isnt because its a really neat and handy test platform (or guinea pig depends on your take) for new games development/market watch/safe experimentation,first release a real re balance as opposed to wish lists of self appointed know it alls, and just relaunch the game.
    Your're gonna be asking from 15-16 old kids in 2016 18€ per month for this?And expect me to be the "veteran helpfull player base" telling them Joshua Khan's Catskin Patch is "bugged drop list" 13 years now ;p?Get serious.
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Quote Originally Posted by kindabored View Post
    Can i ask something and dont take it wrong...
    Instead of dedicating time,resources and effort into making things which are...obsolete from their day of creation why dont you devote all that into the real problems of this game,like bugged-stuck sl spots ,drop rates of needed things (eye of the evening star for ex) compared to not needed things (sword of perseus for ex), pvp 1-120 being OSBed like stuffed turkeys trader enfos running up and down tower sites no one cares defend, Aimed Shot online, ipande and collector having killed any raid where # of people >7 and so on.
    I sincerely fail (eh i fail, i know it ;p) to see what good the engine will be to a game which atm is make a doc crat enfo solja pvm/pvp (and a JAME trader T-W-I-N-K)and log on to do nothing but help some other guy make his doc enfo sol crat.At least my experience past 3 years is that and i want to believe i know a healthy chunk of rk2 omnis/neuts ;p
    If you really care about this game, and the reason why its still up isnt because its a really neat and handy test platform (or guinea pig depends on your take) for new games development/market watch/safe experimentation,first release a real re balance as opposed to wish lists of self appointed know it alls, and just relaunch the game.
    Your're gonna be asking from 15-16 old kids in 2016 18€ per month for this?And expect me to be the "veteran helpfull player base" telling them Joshua Khan's Catskin Patch is "bugged drop list" 13 years now ;p?Get serious.
    Well we can put the broken old record on again and replay the same old message: engine development is completely seperate from gameplay development.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

And if you were not mentally conditioned to answer every post in this forum you would see me mention the word obsolete somewhere up there in the start ;p.I am not interested in your opinion,just giving feedback to the design team as a paying customer too,if it's ok with you .
    Sorry these graphics are totally indifferent ,at least the today's have the "sweet romantic notion" of old game-old graphics and general "good old days" mentality, that gfx upgrade would have been nice in 2007-2008, putting that out in 2013 (at best), will just be "fresh meat" to the eager to rip on AO & FC troll-shark-vultures, waiting all these years to be fed. Spare yourselves the humiliation and just shelf the project. At least make the game experience better for those who still play,not a single person i know who quit left cause of the graphics, that's just excuse for people who don't wanna pay ;p . For most it was either real life catching up, boredom (cant fix that no matter what graphics you put on it), or severe game handicaps (that's where you come in).
    Perhaps some day there will be a AO 2 with entirely new graphics, none of the mistakes of the past, but i really really really really doubt it
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Nice video, nice graphics.. Even though the constant flickering/distortion made it a bit hard to look at..

I don't mind new graphics, but the most important thing for me is to move the engine over to DV9+. Not to get better graphics, but to help reduce lag from rendering the graphics and such.

That said, I do realice that much of the lag comes from harddisk access when logging all the **** I'm logging atm.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Ok i rly didn't expect much, but this is the worst teaser/trailer i ever saw...

And judging how much and what did they show, this wont be live for another 10 years.

P.S. GL getting players off Guild Wars 2 / EVE online / WOW / SWTOR to play AO.
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by kindabored View Post
    And if you were not mentally conditioned to answer every post in this forum you would see me mention the word obsolete somewhere up there in the start ;p.I am not interested in your opinion,just giving feedback to the design team as a paying customer too,if it's ok with you .
    Sorry these graphics are totally indifferent ,at least the today's have the "sweet romantic notion" of old game-old graphics and general "good old days" mentality, that gfx upgrade would have been nice in 2007-2008, putting that out in 2013 (at best), will just be "fresh meat" to the eager to rip on AO & FC troll-shark-vultures, waiting all these years to be fed. Spare yourselves the humiliation and just shelf the project. At least make the game experience better for those who still play,not a single person i know who quit left cause of the graphics, that's just excuse for people who don't wanna pay ;p . For most it was either real life catching up, boredom (cant fix that no matter what graphics you put on it), or severe game handicaps (that's where you come in).
    Perhaps some day there will be a AO 2 with entirely new graphics, none of the mistakes of the past, but i really really really really doubt it
    In response to this I'm wondering if you know what the word "obsolete" means, because there seems to be a bit of discrepancy between your use of it and the result you seem to expect. I do however know the definition of redundant, and your post fits it perfectly.

And you continue to ignore that engine development is unrelated to the development of the rest.

Oh, and I really think you people should stop with the "oh ur such a fanboy" talk, because I post like this on all forums I'm on. Blatant nonsense I will correct anywhere. Because nothing gets someone riled up like those who think they're oh so right to be told they're wrong. Doesn't matter if it's AO or random nonsense article on a newspaper website. I just like to correct those who are wrong, because people who are wrong are annoying as _.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 28th, 2012 at 13:11:24.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Ok i rly didn't expect much, but this is the worst teaser/trailer i ever saw...

And judging how much and what did they show, this wont be live for another 10 years.

I guess you don't see many trailers :| but yeah, in the "we waited 5 years for this?" vein it's pretty non-descript.
    The Red Brotherhood

The issue here is they're treating this 'engine update' as if it's going to be some event and rebirth of the game and that's ridiculous. In my opinion, as soon as they got it compiling on the new engine and rendering with all the same old assets and nothing new it should have been an optional client download, and as they add new features to it post updates to it. Entirely optional like the test client.

All the new graphical features are dated already and expected in a 3d engine that is less than 5 years old so it's not going to be some uber bomb they drop on everyone. I think the important thing should have just been having the game compile for modern architectures and running at the FPS cap, Added materials and post effects are really not the key here and anyone ( including devs ) thinking that they'll be able to 'modernize' everything and it'll be like a game relaunch is kidding themselves, that's why I don't understand why it takes years for 30 seconds of new footage. Who cares? Post the build already

Diablo 3 soon, Guild Wars 2 also this year... ye... gl AO...
    Account frozen: Ornaola - 220/30 Opifex MA

"New account": Ornaolla - 220/18 trox MA

Yes im back, lol. Nerf addiction.

Thats what they said when WoW came, and SWToR and all the other games that came the last 10 years.
    Well guess what, AO is still here, and so am I
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Quote Originally Posted by Ornaolla View Post
    Diablo 3 soon, Guild Wars 2 also this year... ye... gl AO...
    Well Diablo 3 will be the new hate target for its excessive dumbing down andre please your behind design. But of course hordes of fanboys will buy it and GW2 is hyped to high heaven so all the fanboys will rush to its defence and AO will slowly decline as before.
    The Red Brotherhood

There is still a huge market out there for PvM players and role players, so I dont think the decline will be as much as people are thinking post D3/GW2 -- especially once new content is brought in.

Wink <3

Super excited! While most people here prolly have been waiting for ever and may feel slight disappointment...I however am fairly new to AO. I been on and off for maybe two years and my highest toon is only 90 something. Looking forward to this new engine and update and I know I will be stuck for life playing this awesome game.

Peace my homies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    There is still a huge market out there for PvM players and role players, so I dont think the decline will be as much as people are thinking post D3/GW2 -- especially once new content is brought in.
    I think AO's biggest issue will be The Secret World personally. Just my opinion which is subject to be wrong but if I, as a long term AO player, were going to swap over to another game and severely limit my AO time.. TSW seems like the one I'd try out over Diablo 3 and Guild Wars.

As such, I'm hoping Funcom does some sort of "3 games (or 2 games) for X price" type of thing that will keep people paying for their AO account(s) because the difference between paying for it and adding on 1 or 2 other games isn't enough to worry about. If 1 year is approx $95 for 1 game and they change it so paying for a year for 2 games was like I dunno $145.. that would definitely sweeten the pot enough to encourage me to keep both going consequitively instead of letting AO lapse while I'm involved with something else.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 28th, 2012 at 16:02:24.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by MyGift View Post
    Why does everyone thing every game is competing with every other game out on the market at any moment in time? Especially for games that are not all that similar. Of course, no company will include as "player-base" the 20-30% players that bunny-hop like mad from one over-hyped POS to the other.

SWTOR was supposed to be the coming of the second Messiah... it wasn't for a lot of people. I dabbled a bit with that since a friend of mine didn't like it and decided not to play. I found it to be at the opposite end of my preferences.

GW2/WOW/<insert fantasy MMO here> - not my cup of tea and frankly there's still a lot of people out there that aren't all that hyped about fantasy stuff.

EVE - we're not competing with EVE since it has its own niche just like AO does. Dubbing games as Sci-Fi doesn't mean they're all alike. I don't feel there is any kind of competition between EVE and AO. I play both and they complement each other rather well.

I do not believe that AO should strive to convince players from other MMOs to come to AO. While that can be part of the strategy, stressing it is counterproductive. AO already has its own brand and name and it's still a unique game compared to what's out there with few exceptions.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I think I read MyGift's statements differently. AO used to have a really healthy population.. and over the years, it is a fact, people have left and many (just assuming based on the folks I still keep up with outside of AO or run into in other MMO's) are playing other games. So I think when someone says "GL getting people to leave Guild Wars/WoW/Eve/etc" it may not be as much about attracting people that are already in love with those games as much as wanting to get old AO players to come back. A lot of people left and said "I'll be back when <insert rebalancing or new engine or price change or population change or whatever reason> is live. In the interim they're doing something else.. so you are sorta competing to get those folks back here.. in a way.

Yep, AO is very unique and I have yet to find something truly comparable that is worth playing but at the end of the day.. people only have X hours of the day/week to play games so quite often people make a choice to do one or another when it comes to subscription based MMO's.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 28th, 2012 at 16:13:42.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    A lot of people left and said "I'll be back when <insert rebalancing or new engine or price change or population change or whatever reason> is live. In the interim they're doing something else.. so you are sorta competing to get those folks back here.. in a way.
    These former players and/or old-timers are actually a double-edged sword since if they are already in love with other MMOs, trying to get them as long-time subscribers will fail and create issues afterwards.

While it will be nice to get them all back in, the focus should on new blood, especially since FC is set to release re-balancing act, engine and newbie start-up experience all at once.

Old-timers may prove a liability:
    - if they are too attached to whatever they currently play, they will come expecting something they will not find; thus, they will remember all over again why they left in the first place. Most likely they will have an idealized view of their "original" AO and will be sorely disappointed
    - with the re-balancing act, it's bound to have quite a few disgruntled former players saying they destroyed their characters even more so if it's about players that have not played in quite a few years and a badly lacking the newer equipment

Thus, former players should be regarded as visitors that may or may not stay, therefore, FC not needing to focus their strategies towards them.

I don't have anything against players that left or the people that played AO in its first years even more so since I started playing AO since 2004 or 2005.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

I am actually very surprised that the science fiction genre hasn't been more successful than it has been, but I think part of what makes Anarchy Online so unique is that it's not a perfect utopian world with shiny blue walls restricting you from going places you can get hurt, but instead this post-war era where nothing is a certainty, and you can go anywhere you like
    lol
    >no shiny blue walls restricting where you go
    has lindah been in the new bs yet?
    Shuzzy bureacrat

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast