Thread: Unintended Updates (and a note on froob forums access)

Unintended Updates (and a note on froob forums access)

Unintended Updates

The GMS market has been disabled... we have plans to address this with a new market - I will give more details in the march newsletter ...
    -----------------------------

I assume there is no plan to disable GMS on the Live servers until the 'New Market' is also released to the Live servers ...

Kinnik

Yeah, the 18.5 won't hit live for some time. They are laying ground work for new features I think.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

You have got to be kidding me
    I told you, I do not know who Xestile is!

"New market"? Are they finally implementing the ability to purchase over GMS?
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    "New market"? Are they finally implementing the ability to purchase over GMS?
    if you mean purchase via mail... yeah.. it was part of the interview that got posted today.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    if you mean purchase via mail... yeah.. it was part of the interview that got posted today.
    Didn't see that interview. That's good news.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

I smell "server merge" here.

No more need for non-instanced cities?

Wonder if this means that the Portable GMS buyable from item shop or the equivalent Trader item is now less useful...
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

possibly...
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Funcom employee

To access the market you need to travel to a GMS terminal. I'm including more detailed specifications in the next newsletter so hopefully that will clear things out.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Wonder if this means that the Portable GMS buyable from item shop or the equivalent Trader item is now less useful...
    Useful for lazy people who don't want to leave SL to go shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    To access the market you need to travel to a GMS terminal. I'm including more detailed specifications in the next newsletter so hopefully that will clear things out.
    This market model is great change. What about froobs access. Means planed to give them access to GMS. Is this still true? Looking forward to newsletter.
    Dragocz RK1

Froob access to GMS? Can it be? Will I finally be able to tell how much something is actually worth or even (gasp!) buy that Mass Relocation Robot (Shape Hard Armor) I've been pleading for for months? Sweet Lady Eris, let it be so!
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by People
    Lots of Folks Talking About Forums Stuff That Has Since Been Moderated
    This thread has derailed pretty hard from the original post onto the topic of froobs having access to the AO forums, and in line with that I'll be shutting the discussion down as not really relevant to the 18.4 forums/discussing moderation/exploit discussion. That said, though, I feel it's worth commenting here and settling down exactly what's up in regards to froob forums access.

There was a point a couple of years back where froobs could sign up on and register for the forums without a paid game account; we discovered this and shut it down fairly quickly, but not before plenty of people had taken advantage of the loophole. To further complicate matters, there's no good, discernible way of doing a database-wide check for "which accounts have a paid account attached and which ones do not", meaning that we couldn't remove all of the free-made accounts in one go. To that end we decided that as long as they weren't hurting anyone or causing any fuss, and so long as they kept it relatively quiet, we would allow the froobs who made an account during that period to continue posting - If they were infracted multiple times their accounts would be permanently suspended without recourse for having their forums account reinstated, and if we suspended someone on a paid forums account then their free forums accounts would also be locked without chance for reopening. Otherwise, though, once we had the workaround closed off, we felt there was little *harm* in letting the people who had managed to snag an account continue to post so long as they didn't do anything over the line.

That said, for folks with non-froob game accounts, if said account is not active and being paid, you shouldn't be posting on the forums, plain and simple. I'm not pointing at anyone in particular, nor am I naming names, but if for some reason you have a 'real' forums account and an unpaid game account and are still posting here? I recommend for your own sake and posting career that you keep it quiet and otherwise follow the forums rules, lest someone decides to remove that burden from you.

Closing thread. If there are any questions, feel free to PM me personally. Do not repost topics on this subject. =)
    Last edited by Kintaii; Mar 28th, 2012 at 18:57:38.
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~