Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about the Superior Icy Shoulder of Powerful Mind

A question about the Superior Icy Shoulder of Powerful Mind

There are some upcoming changes to the Powerful Mind shoulderpad where the NanoDamageMultiplier are being removed and replaced with Nano Init.

I have this shoulder on 3 toons now (NT and 2 MP's) due to the NanoDamageMultiplier option (Direct Nano Damage Efficiency 2%) affecting my nuke damage. I really do not want to have to refarm this shoulder on 3 toons.

Is there any way that you can make a process associated with this shoulderpad so that we can deconstruct it back to its original parts? Having to go farm 3 more pads, 3 more prgrams and then 3 more master programs is really not sitting well with me. Nano Init will do absolutely nothing for the toons currently wearing those pads and well.. Alappa is like a big time waster... I can't even get a DOJA out of it.

EDIT: A NPC on Jobe platform that we can hand the Superior Icy Shoulder of Powerful Mind and get all of the components OR hand the Icy Shoulder of Powerful Mind and get all of those components, would work out fine as well.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 29th, 2012 at 21:59:17.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Ungh I probably wouldnt have even noticed that. That change must be in line with allowing items to boost nano dmg. The jury is still out on that one for me. I prefer %nano dmg over +dmg items for nanos anyway so I don't like it anyway.

Is there a summary of changes posted other than patch rips? I can't download and open zip files from my tablet. I would like to look at changes though.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Ungh I probably wouldnt have even noticed that. That change must be in line with allowing items to boost nano dmg. The jury is still out on that one for me. I prefer %nano dmg over +dmg items for nanos anyway so I don't like it anyway.

Is there a summary of changes posted other than patch rips? I can't download and open zip files from my tablet. I would like to look at changes though.
    It's in the updated Test Live Patch Notes area.
    You can find me at:

It was kind of nice to have a character that didn't require overpriced items in order to maximize damage but I guess FC wants everyone to wear RBBs and alien armour.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    It was kind of nice to have a character that didn't require overpriced items in order to maximize damage but I guess FC wants everyone to wear RBBs and alien armour.
    RBP is a cool idea, especially since the energy/fire/rad damage lines up very well with NTs. But I think ofab back will be just as viable for a DD setup. You would really have to put some thought into it to decide which would do more damage.

But alien armor to maximize damage? +10 over 1% dd? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    But alien armor to maximize damage? +10 over 1% dd? lol
    Yeah it was more just a snarky comment, unless they seriously nerf the amount of %nanodamage on items (which they might just be doing) not a lot will change.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Any Funcom employee response on this?
    You can find me at:

Alternate idea: give the Powerful Mind pads fairly hefty NR bonuses. Anyone using that pad for the nano-damage already has enough nano-initiative that more won't be noticeable. As is, there is just no plausible situation wherein a non-doc who chose that pad over others would want it over Explosive Power now. It is clearly much weaker than the other two pads.

Not a huge deal in the big scheme of things though I suppose, and the itemization portion of the rebalance will probably shake things up a lot more.

Wierdly, for DD purposes, my MP for the time being will probably have to switch to the ToTW pad (haven't farmed a Gauntlet pad or Explosive Power). Seems odd for a 220/30 character to be using, un-ironically, a no-drop bit of armor from a lvl 60 locked dungeon .

You want might of the revenant not barrow strength(unless you use both)
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

Will be using both.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Alternate idea: give the Powerful Mind pads fairly hefty NR bonuses. Anyone using that pad for the nano-damage already has enough nano-initiative that more won't be noticeable. As is, there is just no plausible situation wherein a non-doc who chose that pad over others would want it over Explosive Power now. It is clearly much weaker than the other two pads.

Not a huge deal in the big scheme of things though I suppose, and the itemization portion of the rebalance will probably shake things up a lot more.

Wierdly, for DD purposes, my MP for the time being will probably have to switch to the ToTW pad (haven't farmed a Gauntlet pad or Explosive Power). Seems odd for a 220/30 character to be using, un-ironically, a no-drop bit of armor from a lvl 60 locked dungeon .
    docs STILL can't go full def without osb's and a lot of sacrifice to their setup. i, for one, welcome the nanoinit on the powerful mind.

I for one built my NT around %nano damage.
    Im feeling cheated if this becoms true.

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    This. I was maybe 1-2 pieces away from the max nanodmg setup on my 220 NT.

Looks like it was all for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Typeon View Post
    Agreed, thus me trying to understand, from a Funcom employee ,how they plan to handle these types of changes. In this case, it makes an item turn into something completely useless that I actually have as part of one of my toon's endagme setup.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    This. I was maybe 1-2 pieces away from the max nanodmg setup on my 220 NT.

Looks like it was all for nothing.
    it's cuz you're an mp. and funcom hates you.

I went from +50% to +45%, so the number of items affected is small (there's a list in the testlive announcements forum). I reckon it's about 800 less damage on the max damage of a top end DM on my NT, less in practice (as you aren't often near the top end), and less again on standard nukes. A small nerf I guess.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    I went from +50% to +45%, so the number of items affected is small (there's a list in the testlive announcements forum). I reckon it's about 800 less damage on the max damage of a top end DM on my NT, less in practice (as you aren't often near the top end), and less again on standard nukes. A small nerf I guess.
    Sorta small.. but the reason I picked that one on my MP was because I thought I'd be gaining some level of added dmg on her nukes (that I tend to spam. Now, there really isn't any significant benefit of having that shoulder on a MP that I can see anyway. I confess that I don't always understand how damage calcs in this game are done and maybe I havent invested enough time into figuring it out over the years. From my limited vantage point it seems like its now a junk item for my MP though.
    You can find me at:

Yeah, not so useful for nuke professions now, 40 nano init instead... Superior Icy Shoulderpads of Explosive Power might be ok though... +10 damage!
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Basically, for Docs it's still fine, but for MPs and NTs, we'd be vastly better off with Explosive Power now, and the nano-init really doesn't help us much.

Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast