Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Funny how I always managed to do just fine without controlling billions of credits, farming thousands of hours of alienbots, or in fact doing anything at all in the game except what I felt like. But yeah, if you don't know how to play, you might as well not do so. So what's the issue?
    it's cuz you're stupid. if you were smart you'd spend 8 hours a day 7 days a week farming nodrop bounties in s10 like every other smart person that plays this game. because the more bounties you farm the bigger your e-peen is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's cuz you're stupid. if you were smart you'd spend 8 hours a day 7 days a week farming nodrop bounties in s10 like every other smart person that plays this game. because the more bounties you farm the bigger your e-peen is.
    Oh
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

To be honest, by this point? A total reboot and a fresh start sounds like it could be kinda fun. Though I can see why other people wouldn't want to lose the time and effort they've put into their toons.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    To be honest, by this point? A total reboot and a fresh start sounds like it could be kinda fun. Though I can see why other people wouldn't want to lose the time and effort they've put into their toons.
    New combined server from RK1 and RK2 and other one fresh maybe allow one way transfers new->combined...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    more tower fields, anyone?
    To be honnest ... I m not sure it's needed atm...

a lot of fields are currently planted by 1 CT / 1 man PH orgs.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    New combined server from RK1 and RK2 and other one fresh maybe allow one way transfers new->combined...
    Would it actually matter? For the sake of epeen you'd see loads of veterans moving there, steamrolling any newbies and sploiting their way to uber creds.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Would it actually matter? For the sake of epeen you'd see loads of veterans moving there, steamrolling any newbies and sploiting their way to uber creds.
    From NEW FRESH to RK2+RK1. Not other way around, silly...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    From NEW FRESH to RK2+RK1. Not other way around, silly...
    Nono, what I mean is I could just reroll on this new server, and then use all my knowledge of where everything drops, what weapon to use at each level, what setting to do stuff at, all my knowledge combined with a bunch of time, and then because I might be scrupulous, I'd abuse all the sploits I know of to get ahead of the game and sit as a kind of king of the new server with my buddies...
    The Red Brotherhood

Nono, what I mean is I could just reroll on this new server, and then use all my knowledge of where everything drops, what weapon to use at each level, what setting to do stuff at, all my knowledge combined with a bunch of time, and then because I might be scrupulous, I'd abuse all the sploits I know of to get ahead of the game and sit as a kind of king of the new server with my buddies...
    That's the idea, but everyone else is doing it at the same time and there is loads of noobs to scam. Just think how much fun it will be!

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post

This. IMO there should have always been a min limit on org member numbers to plant a CT and also to own a city.
    Equilibrium may refer to: The condition of a system in which all competing influences are balanced, in a wide variety of contexts
    Infinity may refer to: The state or quality of being infinite. A number greater than any assignable quantity or countable number (symbol ∞).
    Vengeance may refer to: Vengeance (concept) or revenge, a harmful action against a person or group in response to a grievance

AO Item Assistant+ :: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aoiaplus/::

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dream ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Not a rant, not a flame. Just another perspective."

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    This. IMO there should have always been a min limit on org member numbers to plant a CT and also to own a city.
    so how many froob accounts full of level 1 toons do you think i should have to plant towers and own a city?

Quote Originally Posted by Service View Post
    I'm curious, what happens during the server merge if someone on RK2 has the same name as someone on RK1? Do they both keep the name? Does the person who had the name the longest keep it, but the other has to rename?

(sorry if this was answered elsewhere, did not see it).

I did not see it mentioned in this thread either ... however, I imagine everyone is assuming FC will deal with duplicate names in a similar fashion as they did when they merged the German server into RK 1/2. I can't remember now whether how old the character was, or level, or when it was last logged in determined which one kept the name. Maybe it was a combination of factors.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I did not see it mentioned in this thread either ... however, I imagine everyone is assuming FC will deal with duplicate names in a similar fashion as they did when they merged the German server into RK 1/2. I can't remember now whether how old the character was, or level, or when it was last logged in determined which one kept the name. Maybe it was a combination of factors.

Kinnik
    It will be interesting to see how they manage this. I wonder if I am alone in regard to the fact that I would stop playing if I lost certain names? It is petty and overly attached to something fairly inconsequential but seriously, at the minimum my reaction would be to delete the toon.

Don't bother informing how this is silly, an overreaction, or an otherwise inappropriate response to unwanted stimuli. All of these things are understood, I am just curious if I am alone in my neurosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Haxi View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they manage this. I wonder if I am alone in regard to the fact that I would stop playing if I lost certain names? It is petty and overly attached to something fairly inconsequential but seriously, at the minimum my reaction would be to delete the toon.

Don't bother informing how this is silly, an overreaction, or an otherwise inappropriate response to unwanted stimuli. All of these things are understood, I am just curious if I am alone in my neurosis.
    The unnecessary "this is silly, an overreaction, or an otherwise inappropriate response to unwanted stimuli."

I wouldn't delete them, but I'd change the toons' names and my forum name into "Quitter<insert_number>".
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    Head scratching

no one talks about the interviews ?!

http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/an...-8833/seite-4/

Fia Tjernberg, Game Director:
    Two new areas are being built right as we speak, where you will master your chosen profession and take a stand in the conflict between Omni-Tek – An intergalactic hyper corporation and the Clans – The rebels of Rubi-Ka. You'll get to drive hovercraft vehicles, customize implants, loot a massive amount of stuff, use duct-taping skills to improve your equipment, duel your friends - and much much more!
    Hovercraft: I bet she meant that at large rather than -giving- pay items. Also just might be about a temporary item or one that looses its usefulness pretty quickly. I can see a 0 skill bike that gets deleted when you reach mainland. Whet appetite like they say. Prepare buckets and mops... and cashinflow firewalls.

Implants? It was a bad idea to have them way back, without -any- machine to use them, on the Island... They bring that back in the next PExp? Good! That'll spell at last a middle ground between educating players that implants are shop-food and finding a lvl 180+ toon that everyone mocks because no one told her about what's the deal with implants.

Duck-tape? Call Red Green... no wait McGyver... I meant Adam Savage... *coughcoughcough* I think that's a synonym for "Tradeskilling" (who some angry leets try to change to "Fabricating"... just don't shorten the name, it can lead to confusion). After all, in other games, tradeskills are all about assembling weapons (we do too) and armors (um, forgot about that), stitching clothes (Maria is in Meetemedere) and concocting healing items (who does this often?), let's not forget all the others like rings and gizmos... So the trade of a Weaponsmith, is weaponsmithing and he needs many skills to go from a lump of metal to an axe. Tradeskill-ing staples/components together. I'd rather criticize some of the recipes than semantics about what umbrella term you put all that under. But thats just me.

Not looking forward to duel, -if- that's part of the new PExp and thrown down my throat... yes I'm a cupcake, alas not a chocolate one, but I have chips! Optionnal NPCs with red gloves, educating you on the fine art of [...] , would get double thumbs.

/me opening umbrella against Lazy's fiel.

As far as server merge go, I recall reading that they truly hope it will go alot smoother than the RK3 phasing out.
    To all those doomsayers chanting the end of AO, I see that decision like this: (disclaimer: I know nothing about FCs actual hardware) retiring a pool of dozens of (finniky) P4 single cores (needing CPR to stay up) for a handful of Sun's or anything supporting virtualization (aka VMs), 32+ cores and over 64G IS a good thing. Faster hardware, faster reboot if a zone crashes (as I suppose Zones are bunched per machine with some dedicated to the biggest ones) since you only need to kill and restart the VM, faster net (because I suppose they might not have but 1G cards in the current servers or not all of them). AND they (still) might open new servers at a later time. It'll just be alot easier to clone. Who says they aren't looking (in a very far future at this date) into tools for/restructuring of their database to make server jumps a snap or a third hidden server hosting the BS where -all- dimensions' players can [...] each other.
    Last edited by Makabey; Apr 3rd, 2012 at 19:34:11.

A Red Green reference?

Server merge-
    You know what's on my mind that no one is really talking about. All the virtual rk1>rk2 and vice versa talk that has been going on for years. I've teamed with most of the rk1 folks on the forums here, but have never teamed with rk2 peeps. All the back and forth rivalries will disappear. Eventually we will all fall into clicks. I am anticipating playing with some of the rk2 folks i've seen on forums here just to see if they are as good as they say. I want to see how good the other server folks are more than anything else. I'm really looking forward to seeing if your words match your actions in game and not on the forums.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Talking

I'm just sad that I won't be able to play all my professions without getting another paid account which I can't afford. With 2 servers I can play them all with perks and everything. Also I don't know what the fuss is about the economy and all the "stuff" other players have. I get enough credits just playing the game to get what I want. I don't need to have the "best" and I don't have the best but I am just fine. Some of the comments surfacing here indicate bitterness for what ever reason. If you are bitter why are you playing? If you don't like the game why are you playing? Remember when all is said and done, this is just a game. Enjoy the game join a nice org and have some fun, life is too short.

My opinion about starting fresh on a new server is that it's a plain bad idea.

If I stick to AO, it's partly because of the list of toons that are in my siggy. I don't think I'm willing to restart farming all that stuff and levels all those toons again.

Starting fresh could be the opportunity to start fresh, but in another SciFi game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post

Yes but after the merge there will be twice as many orgs and the same number of tower fields

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast