Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Here's what I would do in terms of server mergers.

1. Whoever owns a city, receives a backpack full of buildings allowing them to insta claim an instanced city. All new cities will be instanced cities.. period.

2. Each account can hold 15 toons.

3. Froobs get access to limited SL/AI/NW/GMS

4. Orgs will be disbanded.. get your money back into your toons before moving them

5. Tower sites won't be moved.. fresh play starts and ends here. Enjoy the fight as you land on the new server.

6. There should be a new option in grid allowing people to warp to an instanced city they are not member of, but they are teamed with a member.
    Last edited by Ocene; Apr 4th, 2012 at 20:20:27. Reason: fixed typos

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    4. Orgs will be disbanded.. get your money back into your toons before moving them
    This would be a deal breaker for me.. no way would I want to have to restart my org.. that's just a waste of time/work. They need to figure out how to merge to a new server without breaking up the band.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    This would be a deal breaker for me.. no way would I want to have to restart my org.. that's just a waste of time/work. They need to figure out how to merge to a new server without breaking up the band.
    It can be done two ways..

Either FC allows org leaders to join the new server first.. setup the org, the city
    and everything involved.
    Then you have the org.. rest is communication. Be there on the new server to accept moving members, Hawaiian style: with a gift.

Or it's Anarchy.

Both deal breakers for me.

No such thing as limited SL/AI access. Either you get perks and combined armor because you pay monthly or you don't.

Remaking org from 6 players from scratch? Uneeded time sink coordinating all past/present members to be online for invites at same time.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

People are the best way to attract even more people.

IMO, That's what's behind the froob program.

The only thing that counts is that out of 100 people playing froob, 1 starts to pay for the game, hence maintaining it live.

If giving access all the way to say, Penumbra for SL, AI levels and NW to froobs will make even more people join the game, perfect I'd say.

There's too much difference between froobs and sloobs now. TBH, if you are 220 and you can't kill a 205/210..reroll. Cause the difference between those two is huge.

Fr00bs already have full NW access.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Fr00bs already have full NW access.
    They do ? We never see them at NW.

They do ? We never see them at NW.
    tl1-2 there's some froob traders and enfs. past that they don't bother showing up because they get rolled. at endgame for every paid player you'd realistically need half an ri of froobs

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    tl1-2 there's some froob traders and enfs. past that they don't bother showing up because they get rolled. at endgame for every paid player you'd realistically need half an ri of froobs
    Thanks for just proving my point.

Why?? Should be simple enough for FC to move all the orgs over to the new server ...

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Why?? Should be simple enough for FC to move all the orgs over to the new server ...

Kinnik
    Orgs are not that easy....they have members and money ...a name..and details about their description, etc.
    Last edited by Ocene; Apr 4th, 2012 at 22:55:00.

Thanks for just proving my point.
    you're welcome

Orgs are not that easy....they have members and money ...and details about their description, etc.
    Then link the org to the org leader, the same one getting the bag of goodies to re-build the org-city ... link the org bank to them also with a temp limit to allow the credits to move too.

FC wants the server merge ... there should be a way to deal with moving the orgs also, not just the toons.

Kinnik

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Then link the org to the org leader, the same one getting the bag of goodies to re-build the org-city ... link the org bank to them also with a temp limit to allow the credits to move too.

FC wants the server merge ... there should be a way to deal with moving the orgs also, not just the toons.

Kinnik
    As I said orgs have members .. how do you link to them?

To do it, FC will have to make IDs inter-server.

Unless a dev comes and tells me I'm wrong, there's no way to xfer an org as well as the membership. And people stated the membership is what counts.

Yeah, remaking orgs is a huge mess. Ofc it would clean up rosters a quite lot. But still, it's problematic with people having dozen toons and re-recruiting everyone.

I would suggest proper org managment at the same time, list of members, setting priviledges for ranks and such.

Also froobs shouldn't get any extras...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

As I said orgs have members .. how do you link to them?

To do it, FC will have to make IDs inter-server.

Unless a dev comes and tells me I'm wrong, there's no way to xfer an org as well as the membership. And people stated the membership is what counts.
    Well if that is true ... then I expect to be able to at least transfer the org president/leader with the guild-name reserved for that toon to re-create the org on the new server with only that one toon.

Yes the org members are what is important and I would be happy to re-invite and promote all our org members one at a time ... however long it takes

As long as FC makes it possible for me to transfer to the new server with our 'old' guild name either 'attached' to my toon or somehow 'saved' for us. Our history is in our guild name ... old members can always find us as long as we have the same guild name.

I am our org president btw ... so it is easy to make the commitment.

Kinnik

(Lonicera: Seraphim Cleric rk2 ... Org has been continuously active since 1/4/2003 with only two org leaders ... Lonicera has been in org since June 2003, active in AO continuously since then. )
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; Apr 5th, 2012 at 00:12:50. Reason: org history

If a server merge happens everything you said should be made easy.. if not automatic.

Problem with members is, those that didn't move yet. How can they be part of the same org ..but in a new server?

Not an easy problem. I'm sure FC is all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    at endgame for every paid player you'd realistically need half an ri of froobs
    I seriously must be playing a different game than you guys. I doubt my 217 doc could kill 2 max froobs. /shame
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I seriously must be playing a different game than you guys. I doubt my 217 doc could kill 2 max froobs. /shame
    l2p!

I dont think it will be an issue, each toon has a char ID, if the toon moves over to new server those server side stats would be retained i'm sure. That includes side and org affiliation. I don't see it as a problem to character copy from 1 server to another same as going from live to test server.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast