Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    I seriously must be playing a different game than you guys. I doubt my 217 doc could kill 2 max froobs. /shame
    Ouch I doubt 2 max froobs could take out my s7 twink...I doubt 6 max froobs could take out any of my 220's.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Ouch I doubt 2 max froobs could take out my s7 twink...I doubt 6 max froobs could take out any of my 220's.
    As it should be.
    Because Race Yalm

I dont think it will be an issue, each toon has a char ID, if the toon moves over to new server those server side stats would be retained i'm sure. That includes side and org affiliation. I don't see it as a problem to character copy from 1 server to another same as going from live to test server.
    You are orgless when you copy to test.

Orgs have their own ID system too...
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by MajorOutage View Post
    You are orgless when you copy to test.

Orgs have their own ID system too...
    That would be a problem... but if you retain correct side on test for token boards etc, I would think it's an easy stat to retain org name also? Thats not a a client side stat only otherwise you couldnt do character lookups (!whois) or on auno right?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

That would be a problem... but if you retain correct side on test for token boards etc, I would think it's an easy stat to retain org name also? Thats not a a client side stat only otherwise you couldnt do character lookups (!whois) or on auno right?
    auno's db hasn't been updated in months cuz he ran out of slavebots. my 217 solja isn't recognized as a real toon, for example.

also, side is easy. it's a 0 a 1 or a 2. (chekc faction req on some items)
    org is a bit harder. i believe means said somewhere that character data is stored in a BLOB still? yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    auno's db hasn't been updated in months cuz he ran out of slavebots. my 217 solja isn't recognized as a real toon, for example.

also, side is easy. it's a 0 a 1 or a 2. (chekc faction req on some items)
    org is a bit harder. i believe means said somewhere that character data is stored in a BLOB still? yea...
    if i'd have to guess, your solja is orgless?

aunos database most likely checks only orgs. because they are all listed in FCs website with their current members.
    unless ofcourse toons are manually added to check-list
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 5th, 2012 at 01:45:40.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Cool

Most of what I see here is speculation. If you don't know by now FC is going to do it the way that is esiest for them. To find out how that goes try to find someone who is actally still playing who came over from the German server. It went quite easily for FC transfer whatever toons you want to keep even if it means deleting some of your toons on the server you are transferring to and loose the rest, but remember you only have 8 slots so choose wisely. If you think FC is going to give extra slots to transfer toons you are dreaming that was proven when they shut down the German server. Deal with it people it is going to be unpleasant and many loyal subscribers will leave AO because AO is not being loyal to them. Also giving more benefits to froobs only brings more froobs and without paying subscribers the game is done anyway. I've been playing this game since 05 and just wish FC would do something one way or another and stop some of this speculation. Jeez how hard can it be to make a decision!

Funcom employee

VAUGHN2006, as you've been told before:

No characters will be deleted during or after the transfer, even if your total amount of characters exceeds 8.
    There is no need to keep repeating the same misinformation regarding this subject.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post

No characters will be deleted during or after the transfer, even if your total amount of characters exceeds 8.
    There is no need to keep repeating the same misinformation regarding this subject.
    LALALALALALA I STILL CAN'T HEAR YOU OMG THEY'RE DELETEING ALL CHARACTERS IM GONNA RAGE QUIT FC DOESNT CARE ABOUT THIS GAME DOOM AND GLOOM EVERYHTING SUCKS

(also, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    tl1-2 there's some froob traders and enfs. past that they don't bother showing up because they get rolled. at endgame for every paid player you'd realistically need half an ri of froobs
    Going (or not) to tower wars with froobs doesnt requiere having NW.

The difference when froob got NW was that you benefit from contract and you can plant conductors / turrets (which was not possible before)
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

you have only 220 engi ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Red face

I appreciate this response however I am still confused as to how you will be transferring 16 toons from 2 servers into 8 slots on one server. Either you will increase the slots to 16 or the toons will be kept in some kind of file to be used after you get tired of playing one of the toons you do have in your 8 slots. Which of these scenarios will be the case or are you doing something different? Just saying it won't happen doesn't say how it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    I appreciate this response however I am still confused as to how you will be transferring 16 toons from 2 servers into 8 slots on one server. Either you will increase the slots to 16 or the toons will be kept in some kind of file to be used after you get tired of playing one of the toons you do have in your 8 slots. Which of these scenarios will be the case or are you doing something different? Just saying it won't happen doesn't say how it won't happen.
    all your toons will be deleted and you'll have to start fresh on the new server.

LOL Lazy
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Why should you even worry about the implementation details now when it doesn't matter (and it's likely not something set in stone in any event). Just be happy with the fact that you will not lose any of your characters.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

I am still confused as to how you will be transferring 16 toons from 2 servers into 8 slots on one server.
    You are forgetting the possibility (chance, option, maybe could happen) of creating extra accounts, each with 8 slots.

VAUGHN2006, as you've been told before....
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Why would their database or their engineers be limited to 8? That is an imposed limit on the account itself, not a limitation of the database. As I've stated several times, transfer all to the same account so you've now got 16 on one account. You can't create any more characters on that account until you get it down to 7 or lower since 16 > 7.

I've no idea if that's what they will do but I don't know why people keep harping on the 8 character limitation as if it's something that would prevent them completely from being able to merge characters from both servers. It's merely there to prevent YOU from creating more than 8. As Vhab said:

Bolding is mine.

HAHA

"No characters will be deleted during or after the transfer"
    not entirely true your informative Vhab

they deleted the db from rk3(DNW)
    and now some old player return after reading something "commercial" about AO
    and "NO TOON LEFT"
    one payed for 3 empty acc´s now
    a other for 2 empty acc´s
    and
    and
    and
    answer.....
    yeah they send out some mails and free month but not every receive one
    and now they have to start over new......
    FORGET IT
    they QUIT

no 50$ left for a stupid memory card or the time for a necessarily transfer !

HEY
    the AUNO db got their toon´s with name and level
    and it is not wasting time to help
    i need 15 min if u give me ur "spawn" codes to restore up to 90% one toon
    enough to keep old players.
    activate "AUTO" from testlife here that they can restore herself.

care about ur customers

I appreciate this response however I am still confused as to how you will be transferring 16 toons from 2 servers into 8 slots on one server.
    the toons themselves merge fusion-dance style. so you'll have 1 toon with 2 toons' worth of perks gear implants and nanos.
    Last edited by Lazy; Apr 5th, 2012 at 15:46:05.

Funcom has stated in the past that there is no option for us to be able to have more than 8 chars per account due to some limit on their side. This came up a lot prior to you being able to move toons from account to account.

I know everyone can make fun of this VAUGHN2006 guy or whatever but many of us were around when they closed down the german server and their only option was to move to RK1, RK2 or both. If they had toons already on either RK1 or RK2 and a full set of 8 toons on the german server their only option was to either move some of their toons to another account (i.e. forced to pay for another account), move some toons to RK1 and some to RK2 or simply leave their toons behind (which to my understanding eventually became unavailable for transfer).

So laugh all you want, and I appreciate Vhab stepping in to say that toons won't be deleted.. but how about shedding some light on what other options Funcom is considering. Has the 8 char per account limit been overcome such that it won't be an issue?

I'm sorry, but the track-record of Funcom on this type of thing is bad (based off the german server situation) so its not like people expressing concern about this are psychos running around claiming that the sky is falling. It is a very legit concern.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast