Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Reworking some omni city to better is good idea, in my mind what must be included:
    1) Grid
    2) Whompas maybe Jobe too
    3) Daily agency
    4) Tower Shop
    5) It should be tight and clear zone like Borealis or Newland City.
    Genearly all major OT cities are a mess Rome, Ent, Trade and HQ. I have to check what would be good one, if there is one...
    EDIT: What comes to mind is either Lush Fields Resorts or 20k. Still, would need lower level mob population around those zones... Lush Fields is quite nice there is room to add more buildings and doors there I think.

So, where do orgs get credits after this? Allow new taxation options? Like cut from mobs credit drops?
    Last edited by Ekarona; Mar 30th, 2012 at 12:41:50.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    [*] Cross-dimensional trade system
    First step to server merge right there, balancing the economies.

Keep up the good work, and please make sure I'm well compensated when you destroy my lovely city ;(

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Reimbursement for Outdoor cities will include the limited availability Sauna, right? I'm going to miss seeing cities looming up out of the fog/sandstorms/forests when out and about in RK, and making a beeline to the nearest one for a whompah back to civilisation when on lowbies. I'm going to miss the large beachfront spot our city has.

And what on earth are Coast of Peace/Tranquility and Three Craters West/East going to be used for?
    I'm actually Ophiuchus // Cynic092 but Forum accounts are fickle, fleeting things...

Are we there yet?

Bombqueen.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Hey, Vhab, you all mighty creater of all good (new char selection)...

It was said that you didn't need to log out to switch char with that new interface.
    Will there be any change so you get to char selection instead of windows when you hit ALT-F4 as we are used to? (I know I can do it with CLTR-F10, but... you know... habits...)
    The thing is, alt-f4 is quite clearly an operation to close the window, not an operation to return to a different state within the window.
    We do have to make sure at least that portion behaves as one would expect it in other applications as well.

You'll have to get used to the new method

(we're also aware of alt-f4 and the close button in windowed mode not behaving as it should at the login window, this will be fixed)
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Yes between servers (:
    Why add this if you're merging the servers? Temporary solution?
    ~Trolls~
    Malcom "Chamaelo" Ashwell - Ex-Immortal.
    Vanguard Adriaan "Demongun" Blackwind - Hermit.
    Jawquez "Jawalooc" Loocazt - Bounty Hunter.
    Michael "Mirkle" Kreble - Creep.
    Christopher "Xelger" Junior - Coffee Maker.

Child Of The Omni - The Boy With The Kitten - Sleepless - The Storm/Breathe - Terminal

"You've just got to keep writing, if that's what makes you happy,
    even when there is no indication anyone is actually reading your work." - Savoy

Quote Originally Posted by Bombqueen View Post
    Reimbursement for Outdoor cities will include the limited availability Sauna, right? I'm going to miss seeing cities looming up out of the fog/sandstorms/forests when out and about in RK, and making a beeline to the nearest one for a whompah back to civilisation when on lowbies. I'm going to miss the large beachfront spot our city has.

And what on earth are Coast of Peace/Tranquility and Three Craters West/East going to be used for?
    Umm, aren't Sauna parts still dropping? ;D

Probably they are going to refund plot price and buildings to presidents. If so the activity should be checked or have orgs which know they can't contact president request change... Or some sort of city voucher...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

So when will you be releasing the revised engineer pet requirements in recognition of the fact that all pets now last forever?
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Hmm, Cross Dimensional trade... Does that meen we'll get cross faction trade also, or will you have systems in place to prevent that?
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Dear Lindelu

i see you're on a crusade against "unattended levelling"

can you please leave our hecks alone and let us level sanely?

-love, Kite Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Maofex View Post
    Hmm, Cross Dimensional trade... Does that meen we'll get cross faction trade also, or will you have systems in place to prevent that?

Why would you want to prevent cross faction trade?

It's high time neutrals lost something unique to make up for all the benefits they've received to the detriment of the story line.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post

It's high time neutrals lost something unique to make up for all the benefits they've received to the detriment of the story line.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope no measures are taken to prevent it, I just want to make sure.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post

this. f noots.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Dear Lindelu

i see you're on a crusade against "unattended levelling"

can you please leave our hecks alone and let us level sanely?

-love, Kite Hill
    Dear Kite Hill,

I will not make such a promise, although, if we ever do touch your hecklers we will first offer you something else.

-love, Lindelu
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Thanks for the update, really interesting reading!

Looking forward to see updates and improvements ticking in, really excited about all this!
    Thanks for keeping my favorite game alive, cya on Rubi-Ka!
    220/30/70 Martial Artist
    General of The Red Brotherhood
    A Rubi-Ka Story - youtube
    TRB Presentation Video divx | wegame

Lindelu ,

We need a "Must be on Rubi-ka " on med suits!

OMG These are amazing and important changes!

Fia, I LOVE YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    OMG These are amazing and important changes!

Fia, I LOVE YOU!
    ME TOO, apart from /pet hunt ;D

Noooo, dont remove cities :/ tons of fun travelling to some random part of RK and see a random city raid and join in only to receive a ship invite ))
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    Lindelu ,

We need a "Must be on Rubi-ka " on med suits!
    no. no. nonononononono. NOOOO.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast