Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Omni-Trade is even messier than Rome, almost bad as Ent...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

"The current GUI leaves much to be desired, however it's built in a very rigid system that doesn't allow for much improvement so we are considering ripping it out completely and rebuilding it, although we've not made any time estimates on when this will happen."

That is the most likely thing to keep me playing after I come take a look at the new engine. Otherwise I'll come look around, say "oooh, pretty", and likely to back to playing games that are more modernized on controls.

In other words: yes please.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    "The current GUI leaves much to be desired, however it's built in a very rigid system that doesn't allow for much improvement so we are considering ripping it out completely and rebuilding it, although we've not made any time estimates on when this will happen."

That is the most likely thing to keep me playing after I come take a look at the new engine. Otherwise I'll come look around, say "oooh, pretty", and likely to back to playing games that are more modernized on controls.

In other words: yes please.
    now imagine if whole gui would be as themeable as every GTK and QT application.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I think the GUI is pretty brilliant.
    OMNI-TEK

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    I think the GUI is pretty brilliant.
    Yes, it's pretty brilliant, if it was intended to be a Kafkaesque satire of a real GUI
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Yeah that's some kind of sick joke right? GUI is terrible.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    your an idiot

I am very happy to see that this engine is coming along so nicely, and I cannot wait until it's in! The only reason why I really am not subbed is because the game plays horrifically on my newer pc, despite my attempts to tweak it. Yeay for Dx9 and maybe if we are lucky 11 support.(tweaks?)

Using the aou slim mod, I think the GUI overall is among the best, if not the best i've tried: rift, wow, aoc, eve....
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Isn't it that time of the month yet?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vaniga 220 Doc - Revolver 220 Sol - Gadaffy 220 Agt - Dukenukem 220 Nt
    Exclusive 220 Keep - Niradriel 220 Shd - Kranglefant 220 Enf - Epicac 220 Crt
    Twintekker 220 Eng - Pjusk 216 Trd - Whitestarr 220 Ma - Eastwood 210 Adv
    Onyxia 150 Shotgun Ma - Envictus 200 Enf - Smug 150 Keeper -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Niradriel View Post
    That's not what your girlfriend meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Niradriel View Post
    You mean the last weekday of the month? That's tomorrow.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Next developer update will be instanced. Just to make it easier to filter out negative feedback.

Enjoy
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    Yeah that's some kind of sick joke right? GUI is terrible.
    How come? You can customize this GUI more than I've ever seen. It has a ton of options and to me it looks fine.
    OMNI-TEK

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Next developer update will be instanced.
    ouch lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
    How come? You can customize this GUI more than I've ever seen. It has a ton of options and to me it looks fine.
    I agree that the GUI per default has more advanced options for customisation than any other GUI I've encountered in an MMO. However, there are certain parts of it that are unoptimal. Such as the way it's configured by default and the large amounts of wasted real estate, like those wings, target displayers and the huge borders around windows.
    Also certain parts of it are suffering from a bit of feature bloat that makes them take up even more space, and in a relatively hard to glean info way. Such as the hostile NCU window on target. New icons could help solve some of that. But at present you need the names of nanos to be displayed to get anything out of it. Various parts being hardcoded also suck, and there are a large number of features modern MMOs have in their GUI that AO does not.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

You forget that Ao is not a modern mmo
    You can't say civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way.

Quote Originally Posted by cypher88 View Post
    You forget that Ao is not a modern mmo
    No excuse to not update the GUI to support such things. No harm in being proactive.
    The Red Brotherhood

It's also the second official iteration of the GUI that the game has seen, not counting all of the custom ones available. So they learned at least once already that changes have to be made as time goes on, and have done something about it. Like Masta said, it's a proactive approach, and one they've taken before.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO fansite worldwide - Site Manager || Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!

WTB april dev update nao kthxbai
    Thornee - resurrected lowbie, former 200 Fixer
    Stannerd - 220 Soldier
    Megusta - TL7 Doc
    Kaleeh - TL5 Shade

So.. i want to hear new stuff
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast