Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    The recent change in towerflag mechanic is the reason behind this change.
    Someone cares to develop?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Someone cares to develop?
    If someone is towerflagged and you buff him with a random buff or aura in vicinity you will receive a 1 minute flag.
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    If someone is towerflagged and you buff him with a random buff or aura in vicinity you will receive a 1 minute flag.
    How did that change friendly buffs?

Something is wrong here.

A crat or engi running back safely to a <name your favorite faction here> will just be flagged and potentially die if attacked?

How did that change friendly buffs?

Something is wrong here.

A crat or engi running back safely to a <name your favorite faction here> will just be flagged and potentially die if attacked?
    In the event someone in vicinity is towerflagged, yes, The 1 minute flag will refresh as long as auras are running and someone in vicinty is towerflagged.

Protip, until these changes hit live, turn off friendly auras in populated areas ))
    NO U

Friendly auras are as if I casted RRFE or OS on myself..

that should not flag the engi/crat/whatnot.

Fix real problems people, those aren't.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    I'm a little nervous about the view that profession balance will be a side effect of system changes. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding, but I would think profession balance is something that would require careful planning, rather than something that will be an automatic effect of systemic changes. Most system changes (unlike direct changes to profession specific nanos and perks) are unlikely to meaningfully alter the power gap between the strongest and weakest professions.

Is profession balance no longer a development priority?

Love everything else - great news on the cross-dimensional market .
    The profession balance is still top three on our priority list! It can however be perceived as unclear if we release formula changes and other preparations under the name of profession balance, while in the name of system changes it makes a lot more sense.
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Dear Lindelu,

Since you are so strong at removing /pet hunt completely, could you fix /pet follow at least?

Sincerity, the AO gimpest profession.

P.s.: Good bye CoH weapons, I'll miss you.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Dear Lindelu,

Since you are so strong at removing /pet hunt completely, could you fix /pet follow at least?

/pet hunt and /pet follow are not the same code.

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    The profession balance is still top three on our priority list! It can however be perceived as unclear if we release formula changes and other preparations under the name of profession balance, while in the name of system changes it makes a lot more sense.
    Very much appreciate the clarification, thank you .

/pet hunt and /pet follow are not the same code.
    I know. But since they are nerfing all pet professions, they could at least give us something good, not?
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Dear Lindelu,

Could I ask you to be more detailed, please?
    I don't want to fall in the old assume trap.

she's referring to pets defaulting to /pet guard on every hardzone

Could I ask you to be more detailed, please?
    I don't want to fall in the old assume trap.
    /pet follow resets to /pet guard after you send your pet to attack anything. Its being around since... hmmm dunno, but was already there when I start play AO in 2006

Friendly auras are as if I casted RRFE or OS on myself..

that should not flag the engi/crat/whatnot.

Fix real problems people, those aren't.
    Well, keeper's healing aura healing flagged people without flagging the keeper... crat's givving AAO/AAD to flagged people without getting flagged : yes, it IS a real problem.

The only bad parts were that this was only on tower flags, and that some aura were AoE, not team.

I m pretty happy that next patch will make this work on all flags.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Outdoor-Cities off oh no pleace not

for the future the same pre-
    Please load the skill system as it is I would also like to twinking in the future and not just right-click ease not
    more beautiful than points and so on
    -------------------------------------------
    für die zukunft gleich vorab
    bitte last das skillsystem so wie es ist ich möchte auch in zukunft twinken können und nicht nur rechtsklick auch nicht vereinfachen
    schön weiter über punkte und so weiter
    -----------------------------------------
    weil google eifach sch... übersetzt^^
    greats
    My englisch is bad. Wenn mit mir streiten willst quatsch mich auf Deutsch zu.
    Mitglied bei Punishment Inc.

Chars
    Drheiko was born on Thu Jun 22 09:20:15 2006 RK1 150 Doc
    Grafheiko was born on Wed May 17 17:17:37 2006 RK1 200 Agent (froob)
    Tilli was born on Tue Nov 14 12:25:47 2006 Rk1 220 Keeper
    Secretagent was born on Thu Oct 26 12:28:57 2006 RK1 220 Agent
    uvm...zu den geburtstagen wünsche ich mir ein 300 supplebot

New Global Market Interface
    [...]
    Just WOW!

About taxes, do you intend to let players work out/decide if they'll add/absorb that fee or will there be a tick to add it for the player? Ex: you want 5k firm and with the tax you'd only get 4.9K where as ticking "add taxes" would register the price as 5.2k ? (the math don't add up, I know). Logically, just about everyone would tick that, but it'll stay a choice. Of course the buyer would have to guess that vendor ticked "add taxes" and not be told. It'll be obvious, anyway.

About repurposing players cities, a suggestion : Make an OT-only (as in, there is this giant logo and/or propaganda stuck to it... Omni-Trans logo? Maybe make some defiled ones for Clans in their territories and ICC sponsered ones for Neutrals) tower, about the size of the space bars, from which radiates copies of the current PC's whompahs (maybe minus the crown on top, unless they are linked to the tower by a tunnel-like mesh, like in NLC (and just anywhere, really)).
    This way :
    -you can spot it from a distance
    -it's obvious OT owns the lease (yes, ICC lease the planet/a right to exploit it to OT)
    -you only have to run around that tower to find your chosen destination.

The Engine

The New Player Experience
    If I understand correctly you just rolled together:
    -Startup areas
    Can't wait to experience that.

-Game interface/windows
    I don't see any problem user-side with the current GUI, so I can't fathom what you're referring to; unless you meant to add tools and anchors for user-created Themes/Interfaces. Again, I fail to see why one would want to change that. It works.

-Character creation process
    Currently, the way you create your characters isn't as bad as the way you jump around story wise. Korean games are simple(r) : create your god/normal/bizarre character out of nowhere, intro that tells how you are one of the heroes (what? billions of heroes? where are the normal people??), play (grind grind grind oh I leveled to 2 after 7 hours grind grind grind). Blah!

I hope AO will be(/remain) much more involved: Who are you, what do you look like, why are you there, where do you come from, here's a plausible scenario to let you actually dive in the story from your birth (character creation) to the planet's soil.

My faith in what all you (the team) are actually working on is set in stone. Even if I don't like it all, I believe it will be fun the first 20 times... most people create only 3 characters anyway ;P

The Systems Changes
    At the same time we are also disabling pets' ability to hunt by themselves, [...] without this feature we can better justify improving the pets themselves.
    Improving pets *Drooling*

The third change is that friendly AOE auras will no longer run on people in the vicinity, [...] With this change you [...] will control who gets the benefit of your buff and who doesn't, this means you no longer will get accidently flagged by someone random in your vicinity!
    Also, not get "Your target don't have enough NCU" or not get a buff because an engineer runs an aura in the very shop you selected to put in new implants/armor/etc and you're really tight...
    New Achievement for that decision: Brownie points!!

And Vhab is back! so we will see his graphical character selection screen make it into the game in the next update, and along with this a more streamlined launcher.
    Aaaah.
    Does it mean that only the character selection will occur ingame or also the dimensions, account and password elements? KGames do that but for AO, not so sure as that may spell the death of Xth-logging, I don't wish that.

July is too far in the future, WTB DeLorean!
    (May != July, but let's give them enough time to iron it all)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombqueen View Post
    And what on earth are Coast of Peace/Tranquility and Three Craters West/East going to be used for?
    I hope they get closed off until they decide.

Quote Originally Posted by equilibrium View Post
    Lindelu ,
    We need a "Must be on Rubi-ka " on med suits!
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Great update!
    I would like to point out that AO already have large amounts of guides in the form of single-paged books though; Just take a look in any trade section. There are many books from the old days explaining how to build nanoprograms, implants, specific weapons and more.

With that in mind, I think it's a good idea to keep that tradition going; It is already part of AOs charm, and it would be wonderful if it was updated with more recent&relevant information. Just please stick to the original writing style?
    New NPC, the librarian! Gives minor quests and sells those book (maybe not all of them). Because right now you have to know where they are!(I do) Yes yes, don't make AO a WoW clone/for babies. Still, how many players -do- know about them (and love tradeskilling aka Fabricating (see "The Workshop"), aside those who stumble upon them from the rare (these days) "find/bring back this Manual" RK missions?

A couple questions and a suggestion

- Will we be able to buy/sell via the new market system to any faction?

- Quote from a thread in the 18.4 forum of a question I have regarding the upcoming shoulderpad change:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    There are some upcoming changes to the Powerful Mind shoulderpad where the NanoDamageMultiplier are being removed and replaced with Nano Init.

I have this shoulder on 3 toons now (NT and 2 MP's) due to the NanoDamageMultiplier option (Direct Nano Damage Efficiency 2%) affecting my nuke damage. I really do not want to have to refarm this shoulder on 3 toons.

Is there any way that you can make a process associated with this shoulderpad so that we can deconstruct it back to its original parts? Having to go farm 3 more pads, 3 more prgrams and then 3 more master programs is really not sitting well with me. Nano Init will do absolutely nothing for the toons currently wearing those pads and well.. Alappa is like a big time waster... I can't even get a DOJA out of it.

EDIT: A NPC on Jobe platform that we can hand the Superior Icy Shoulder of Powerful Mind and get all of the components OR hand the Icy Shoulder of Powerful Mind and get all of those components, would work out fine as well.
    - A suggestion on the whole 'org city building replacement' issue for server merge. I'm not sure how complicated this would be to implement but. When its time for the server merge/migration/whatever you could do the following:
    * Change it so that only the President (top tier rank) can delete building in an org city
    * Upon having the President of an organization blow up a building, the building item would automatically spawn in their inventory. In other words, I go to the org city, delete my grid.. a grid building appears in my inventory, I delete the Sauna.. a sauna appears and so on.
    * Upon deletion of the org HQ by the president, not only does a HQ appear in the president's inventory but also a bounty item appears in the president's inventory as well (one bounty item type for instanced and a different one for non-instanced).
    * This bounty item can be turned in to a NPC for either a static credit value or for a new city. Obviously the credit value for an instanced city would be equivalent to the purchase value of a new instanced city (maybe +1 months upkeep) while the credit value for a non-instanced would be more than that (maybe value of instanced city purchase +5/6 months upkeep) to represent the investment many put into player to player purchases of their cities. If you turn the bounties in to the NPC for a new city you'd get an instanced city with 1 free month or (in the case of the non-instanced city bounties) you'd get 5 or 6 months free upkeep.
    *I would also suggest making the city bounty items tradeable.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 30th, 2012 at 16:24:17.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Love the market interface. I was about to write an angry post about how selling phats leads to bouncing between org city and Borealis while writing prices on scraps of paper, and here you are eliminating this huge waste of time.

Now that you are reworking the market system, could you revise the rule that shops lock up and drop off GMS if not opened by owner for 2 weeks? Some of us have plenty of alts, so not logging specific toon does not mean that player is inactive. And a market is not very useful when there are too few things on it.
    Last edited by intelknight; Mar 30th, 2012 at 18:44:19.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Tilli View Post
    für die zukunft gleich vorab
    bitte last das skillsystem so wie es ist ich möchte auch in zukunft twinken können und nicht nur rechtsklick auch nicht vereinfachen
    schön weiter über punkte und so weiter
    I agree twinking is fun! We will never make AO "right click to equip"-easy.
    I hope I understood your concern correctly.

We will never make AO "right click to equip"-easy.
    I think you addressed everyone's concern right there!

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast