Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    We will never make AO "right click to equip"-easy.
    There will be no camping in shadowlands.
    There will be no in game mail system.
    There will be only social items in item shop.

Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    What's the point of being able to see what's for sale if you can't buy anything?
    For one, we won't have to waste a paid slot on a neutral shoptoon just to check prices ...

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    For one, we won't have to waste a paid slot on a neutral shoptoon just to check prices ...
    some people waste entire accounts on neut toons <_<

Well that's their problem isn't it, silly fence-sitters ....

*polishes token board*

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    And not just one, either. I happily waste 4. I figure hey, it's still cheaper than the equivalent amount of time drinking rye manhattans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    LOOL :d

Quote Originally Posted by cbus97 View Post
    And that has what to do with fr00bs being able to see the items for sale but being unable to buy anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    And that has what to do with fr00bs being able to see the items for sale but being unable to buy anything?
    I would guess it's because they can create a neutral froob for price checking instead of using a neutral paid toon.

Also, even if froobs can't buy from the shops, they could still see what's available and ask a paid player to do the buying for them. I've done that a number of times for froob orgmates. Or another benefit to seeing what items and prices are is that they can find out how much something is worth if they're trying to buy or sell on the shopping channels.

Comments:

RE: Open World Cities going bye-bye - good move, I'd prefer to see Rubi-ka in it's pristine state. While many cities had nifty locations, the instanced islands are fine and effective for the purpose they serve. I do think one or two 'mock-up' cities should be left on the planet for visual flair and to tantalize new orgs on what an AI city could look like. As for getting back to civilization quickly - please keep such 'recall stations/mini-whom-pahs limited in each zone - stuff that looks like slightly overgrown emergency teleport whom-pahs and incon****uous.

RE: cross-dimensional market - overall good, though I'm sure you'll have to monitor it carefully. I assume this is done in part to short-circuit the current gold-farmer activities that are used to move credits from one dimension to another. Also should make a -little- room for people to run trade scams on those who don't pay attention to trade details, ala Eve Online - this is a wild outpost planet and is befitting such activities.

CoP/CoT/3Craters - pull the cities, add wildlife, mission doors, and make 3-craters look like it was *supposed* to look based on the original map. Maybe add a stray quest or 2 and a few Dynabosses.

What prospects will we have in the future for org taxes on market sales?

RE: Server merge: #1 concern is names - the way it was done when DNW got tossed over to RK1/2 (the -1 appendix crap) will absolutely not do. Suggest adding a family or legacy name component - chars taking precedence (by age, etc) get option to keep their current name as is or add legacy name, competing younger chars must pick pre- or post name to distinguish. We should be presented with the solution well in advance so as to allow it to be fully vetted.

I assume you feel the new 'Single Server' stuff (arriving with TSW) will allow for vast numbers of players on a single world(I'll assume it allows a good 200k at once). Solutions to such issues as 'too many ppl trying to do the fixer grid quest at the same time' etc should also be laid out before the community many months in advance.

==========

Some slightly unrelated stuff:

Get 'Hecklers run from ppl they are grey to' in game asap. Will help trim at least the worst example of power leveler coddling that exists right now. Over the years things have migrated from 'lft Hecks' to 'lft Heck Kite team' to 'lft OST Heck Kite team' - makes me puke. We run hecks on leveling chars now and then to help grind Research and teach ppl the mechanics but always as a team with the hecks higher than anyone in said team.

Trim XP on Dailies by 25%

Trim XP on the Borealis Dailies(except Battlestation) by 33% - the fact that getting in and out of that 'secret' club involves encountering more active traffic than any other spot in the game should tell the Devs something...

Boost XP on RK missions 15% and credit value of typical mission pick-up loot and dead mobs themselves by 10%

Try to correlate RK mission dungeon types better with the locations - There might be an excuse for a subway terminal buried under the ruins in Wartorn Valley, but not in the middle of Mort.

Add RK Team Dailies -'nough said ('tough' open world dailies that usually require a big char to 'assist' are something else)

Add at least *minimal* functionality to the org channel. Who logs in/out, ability to see who is online or who the org members actually are - every MMO since AO has had this capability and new players should not be forced to learn the intricacies of bot setup to have a working org info capability.

Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Funcom employee

Check out http://www.anarchy-online.com/ for screenshots of the market. Brought to you by Genele and Macrosun!
    Last edited by lindelu; Mar 30th, 2012 at 23:21:16. Reason: the dog
    Former Game Director of Anarchy Online.

Check out http://www.anarchy-online.com/ for screenshots of the market.
    Lol I love the construction leet.

The design looks pretty smart too. Can't wait to test it out and make billions off it.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharzee View Post
    I would guess it's because they can create a neutral froob for price checking instead of using a neutral paid toon.
    afaik this is not true. my froob toons cannot access gms currently.

omg wtb the update already, that new market looks so good!
    Rubi ka - 1 ---------| Rubi ka - 2
    Fixer ----220/30 --| Fixer -----220/30
    Doctor -- 220/30
    Advy -----220/30
    Crat ------220/30
    Solja -----220/30
    Shade ----220/30
    Engi ------220/19
    Agent ----200/19 --| Agent ---176/##
    Enfo ------170/24 --| Enfo ---- 170/21
    Advy ------172/24

Check out http://www.anarchy-online.com/ for screenshots of the market. Brought to you by Genele and Macrosun!
    Looks nice. Kind of reminds me of EVE. Hopefully not as laggy though.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Monthly Development Update: March 2012

New Global Market Interface
    We've felt for a long time now that you should be able to trade to others even if you don't have an organization city, and a few really intense weeks I can proudly present your new global market – a powerful interface that enables you to use the in game browser technology to buy and sell items to other players.

Full feature list:
    • The items and credits will be delivered to your in game email inbox (please note emails still times out after 2 weeks)
    • Accessible through terminals in the main cities
    • Includes Item-search featuring all tradeable items
    • Cross-dimensional trade system
    • You can buy existing items directly, or create buy orders with a prefered price
    • You can sell items directly to an existing buy order, or create sell orders with a prefered price
    • You can sell and buy more than one of an item at a time
    • You can sell and buy unique items
    • A small fee will be deducted when creating a buy or a sell order and a small tax will be deducted from the seller when an item is bought to prevent players from abusing the system
    • The Portable GMS Terminal and Portable Shop Interface items will still be usable to access the market from anywhere

Requirements:
    • You don't need an organization to use the market!
    • You need to be a subscriber to do transactions (Alien Invasion)
    • Free players can browse the market

We're getting ready to ship it to Test Live and do some serious testing before we're ready to release it, so don't expect it before May – but it will be included in the next scheduled Live update.

The Next Update
    In addition to the new trade market, we're releasing a bunch of changes, some available already on the Test Live server, and others coming in the next version. Preliminary patch notes are already available in the Test Live section of the forum.

Thank you for reading!

Kindly,
    Fia ”Lindelu” Tjernberg

I]
    This sounds like a lot of changes, many of them good, some don't seem like good ideas (like removing pet hunt and auto-attack) but maybe you have other things to make up for those ... we will see.

I do have some questions though about the new market system that did not seem to be asked or addressed in the first 7 pages of comments ...

New Market: It sounds like this is coming out in the next patch, sometime after May ... correct?

1. Are you going to destroy the markets in the Player cities once you release the new market system? Where will all the credits and items currently in our shops go?
    2. What are the item limits we can have in the new market as offered for sale at a set price? The current 21 items or unlimited? IE do I need 6 alts selling or just sell with the toon that finds/makes the items?
    3. Why only 2 weeks for a sale transaction to conclude? Now we can let customers come as they wish and we empty the cash whenever. It sounds like if I don't log-in with each selling toon often enough the customer gets their item, someone gets the 'tax', but I get nothing.
    4. Where does the 'small fee' go for these sales? Right now it goes to the org/guild to support the monthly rent of the player city? For our player city, the 1% commission covers most of the rent each month.
    5. So you are collecting a fee to set up the order and a fee to complete the order? So will I have a % fee for each item in my personal market even if it does not sell? Or, a flat fee for access to set up sale/buy orders? Or a flat fee for each item?
    6. Assuming you are removing player markets from the cities when the New Market system is released and assuming FC is collecting all these new fees for setting up orders and completing orders ... I assume you are also reducing the rent on all outdoor player cities to offset the lost revenue?
    7. Why do you need to collect a fee to setup a sell order at all? There should only be a fee/tax collected when items actually sell. I can see requiring a fee to set up a buy order, that makes sense for providing access to the market service. But for sellers to pay twice to offer items for sale does not.

Bug Reports Forum:

I have not tried this new forum so far ... is it for Live Bugs or just Test Bugs? The new social item given for bug reporting is a nice idea. Is it for multiple reports, an especially good find, or??

Other changes:

I have already posted in many threads about these ...

After Server Merge - Player Cities:

Someone suggested just 'planting' our existing outdoor city into an instanced city plot ... that seems like a good idea. We wouldn't want to pay the 80M+ rent on a big city, my org like our lower rent.

Assuming we all are moved to instanced cities after the server merge ... could you write an access/interface 'grid' item/machine that lets a player open a list and 'click' on the city they want to go to? It is sometimes difficult to get out and give keys to players that join the team after the raid has started, especially when only one org member is in the raid.

Sorry for long post

Kinnik

Full feature list:
    • The items and credits will be delivered to your in game email inbox (please note emails still times out after 2 weeks)[/I]
    I am extremely concerned about this. Say, I go on vacation and forget I am trying to sell my combined commando set, or trying to buy one.

I come back and notice that my credits(or items) are gone, and I have received nothing back in exchange.

Surely you must understand this is a deep concern that could put off trading by this system a lot.

On a positive note, this means even shop buyable nanos and other such "unrewarding to sell" loot could be sold efficiently thru the system. Please please please just ensure that in the end, the interface is better than the current AI shop one.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauh View Post
    afaik this is not true. my froob toons cannot access gms currently.
    Apparently, they plan to let fr00bs look, but not touch. Stupid in my opinion. Either give fr00bs complete access, or none at all. Since they're removing player shops along with the cities, a fr00b can't even use the terminal to see where the item for sale is and physically go to the shop to buy it. Completely worthless.

You can sell and buy unique items
    This is cool (taken from the link lindelu posted).
    Quote Originally Posted by Collodion View Post
    I'll create a viral video to raise money to fight the evil hard water ring stains in toilet bowls. I'll raise millions to arm and equip thousands of Tidy Bowl Men. They will put up a good fight, but ultimately will lose the war. But at least I'll get a new car and a nice house with new toilet bowls out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    that helm helps so damn much for tl 4 and tl 5 twinks becose of the torturing.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    I am extremely concerned about this. Say, I go on vacation and forget I am trying to sell my combined commando set, or trying to buy one.

I come back and notice that my credits(or items) are gone, and I have received nothing back in exchange.
    Uh... cancel your orders if you plan on being away for weeks?

Also, it's silly to think this would "put off trading", WoW deletes mail after a month but everyone still uses the auction and mail systems.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Another comment on Shopping

The issues of city shops, shopping, and the ending of outdoor city markets is a major concern for my and my org. Since LE came out, we have paid the city upkeep and built the org balance from the !% shop commission. It seems that is going away, and I find it quite troubling as currently outlined.

I would suggest an alternative that might fit well even with the new interface).
    Move all existing cities intact (including markets) to instanced playfield.. Should be easy for the programming gods and goddesses to do .

Building on the suggestion by Kinnikinnick change the entrance to the instanced playfield to a list of all instanced cities. Some form of statrt typing to identify the desired one would probably be useful here given the quantity. No key would be required, simply selecting the city would give entrance. Players could then visit the org's markets. Essentially just move the cities "indoors." All other aspects of the GMS system could remain as currently programmed. Everyone could "run through the door/portal" and enter their own city without selecting (essentially a default selection).

As instanced cities benefits are currently the same as corresponding outdoor cities, this would also resolve any lingering issues around city benefits.

If an org wishes to not have visitor's to its city, provide a privacy button which delets it from the list of selectable cities while still allowing org members and those teamed with org members entrance without keys.

I would like to see the option whereby organizations to increase "buy" additonal city space or "sell " unwanted city land as their financial condition warrants, especially if destroying a building puts it back in inventory instead of poofing into pixel eternity.

I have nothing against the concept of the new interface, but this would allow it to be a wraparound expansion of the current system rather than a replacement. The current system works and actually works rather well for most people most of the time (ok, the 21 items is annoying, so is the travel time, and limit on what items can be marketed). If people wish to commission an item buy or sell (rather than place in shop), the new system adds that feature. If someone does not wish to go the "instanced city" they can pay a fee and have it delivered to their mailbox. Similarly, this would be the only way to move items between servers. Essentially the market items become the first items in the new interface. Putting an item in the market in the instanced city puts it into the new interface as well with a code that it is avialable in the city market. This way the org continues to get a market fee to help offset the maintenance costs. If someone wishes to sell items that cannot currently be put in a player shop, they have to be put in the new system directly although it might be just as easy to eliminate the restrictions on the what can be put in a shop. In fact all of these annoyances can be fixed by modifying the existing player shop. And the organization still get their benefits and commission.

Just some thoughts.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast