Thread: "zerg mechanics"

"zerg mechanics"

I am wondering if you considered changing the old mechanics that allowed only certain number of players to be in a zone-blob. It sucks being warped in the middle of no where when you are doing notum wars.
    I can't even imagine how it will be when you plan on merging servers. Any plans on removing that limit, or increasing it?
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

This is the real reason we need the new engine.

The new shiny visuals are just a bonus.
    Because Race Yalm

Add an achievement for the maximum number of people sharing an exact location with you.
    "Be the Blob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tessargi View Post
    I am wondering if you considered changing the old mechanics that allowed only certain number of players to be in a zone-blob. It sucks being warped in the middle of no where when you are doing notum wars.
    I can't even imagine how it will be when you plan on merging servers. Any plans on removing that limit, or increasing it?
    this CC mechanics was most likely made to ease the stress on server and network more than on client, so render engine update itself doesn't have any effect on this.
    but system change (if that was the right term) probably makes some of combat calculations lighter for server and for data transfer.

i dont know if allowing bigger zergs would be a good change though.
    Last edited by Otansaanpas; Apr 2nd, 2012 at 14:00:35.
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    this CC mechanics was most likely made to ease the stress on server and network more than on client, so render engine update itself doesn't have any effect on this.
    Neither of which are relevant anymore.

The rendering engine is the current weak link.
    Because Race Yalm

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    but system change (if that was the right term) probably makes some of combat calculations lighter for server and for data transfer.
    http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=135388

Come on guys, it's even a sticky in Game Mechanics!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=135388

Come on guys, it's even a sticky in Game Mechanics!
    I know about that, I'm asking if they plan on changing the mechanics not how they work
    "The Tessargi Oppressor" 220/30 RK1 - P E

Lazy: down with Tessargi The Oppressor! he is literally a Frankensteinian monster made from combining Gadaffi Sadam Hitler Stalin and George Bush into one powerhungry oppressor of the free world.

call me the system req for dreamwork dx9 engine when 300 player start attacking in view range !

played Age of Conan with dreamwork dx10 engine i farmed solo and 2 monster pop up and i got a fps freece.