Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hold down 'Q' to attack

Hold down 'Q' to attack

As it is now, with auto attack, or just tab and Q ... once we have started to attack something we can just minimize and youtube (as long as we can tank it with base evades and HD/hots) and kill it with automated regulars, this is unintended gameplay.

Holding down Q to make regular hits strike would work around this, it could be macro'd around or something but oh well.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

I think it's stupid.

If you want to keep people from alt-tabbing out when fighting then make combat faster paced and more involving. Don't make it even more tedious.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

No.
    Because Race Yalm

your idea is bad and you should feel bad.

Hahaha I love it. Need some sensors on monitor to check if your eyes are looking at screen too though. And a check to make sure you have sound enabled so you're hearing the game too. If any of the above not met, permaban!
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    As it is now, with auto attack, or just tab and Q ... once we have started to attack something we can just minimize and youtube (as long as we can tank it with base evades and HD/hots) and kill it with automated regulars, this is unintended gameplay.

Holding down Q to make regular hits strike would work around this, it could be macro'd around or something but oh well.

Thoughts?
    Haven't seen something this bad in a very long time. Next thing would be swinging the melee weapons to be related to how fast you move your mouse cursor on the screen or shooting dependent on how fast you can press the mouse button.

They tried this in an Asian-grinder and people would just jam their keyboard's key since potions were used automatically when mana/rage would be too low. Then, the players found a bug that if you pressed the attack key and then switch to another window, the game would believe you are still holding down the attack key.

Quote Originally Posted by drainbamage View Post
    I think it's stupid.

If you want to keep people from alt-tabbing out when fighting then make combat faster paced and more involving. Don't make it even more tedious.
    This is the way to go! Mobs with tricks that fight dirty!
    Last edited by Khlin; Apr 11th, 2012 at 06:36:07.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

pandas doesnt have autoattack!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

I suppose agentwolve is trolling in light of the upcoming pet changes. Just in case, though: NO-O-O-O.

Quote Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
    I suppose agentwolve is trolling in light of the upcoming pet changes. Just in case, though: NO-O-O-O.
    I was expecting this! Which is roughly how I feel about this "suggestion".
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Holding down a key is still too exploitable. I suggest we must ram it for each normal attack and add fumbles if you ram it at wrong time so let's say attack time length block on attack...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Problematic is that you can just jam the key stuck and that solves that problem. Also, most keyboards handle multiple keys pushed at the same time poorly.

Funny though, is that FC have stated they want to return emphasis on "white" damage.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Holding down a key is still too exploitable. I suggest we must ram it for each normal attack and add fumbles if you ram it at wrong time so let's say attack time length block on attack...
    Lets just do this the only sane way.

Make AOs combat system require a DDR Mat, Kinect System, and voice control.

That way, you have to use the mat to move, kinect to do your actions ie. swing your sword, and voice control so you can taunt your opponents as you pwn them!

I solved it!!!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Problematic is that you can just jam the key stuck and that solves that problem. Also, most keyboards handle multiple keys pushed at the same time poorly.

Funny though, is that FC have stated they want to return emphasis on "white" damage.
    So there is some bonus of using my 150€ Filco with PS/2 ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

actually, switching between mobs can be troublesome in fast paced environments, something i frequently do to hold aggro. If all i had to do was release q to stop attacking, that would be alright..

ofc id just reassign the attack key to something easier ;o
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

shift-q is your friend
    For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by mawu View Post
    shift-q is your friend
    ^ THIS. ^ Haven't used vanilla q since learning about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Lets just do this the only sane way.

Make AOs combat system require a DDR Mat, Kinect System, and voice control.

That way, you have to use the mat to move, kinect to do your actions ie. swing your sword, and voice control so you can taunt your opponents as you pwn them!

I solved it!!!
    Sure! NTs will only have voice control only. Their nuke's dmg would depend on how loud they can shout.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

what does shift q do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarsolace
    This idea kills 2 forum trolls with one hamster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog View Post
    what does shift q do?
    Tab a mob you aren't fighting, then press it and see what happens.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

I just shout loudly into my new microphone and it types for me
    I told you, I do not know who Xestile is!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast