Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hold down 'Q' to attack

Quote Originally Posted by Khlin View Post
    Sure! NTs will only have voice control only. Their nuke's dmg would depend on how loud they can shout.
    Don't forget to roll an alt then for the days you have laryngitis

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

shift+q is really just hitting q twice. I thought it would instantly switch but its just as delayed as pressing q twice... cept i have to use my pinkey.
    Lilkueg 220/26/6x Opifex Shade
    Kuegen 211/11 Atrox Enforcer
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Don't forget to roll an alt then for the days you have laryngitis
    I think FC could make an honest buck and sell soothing syrups for sour throats in their shop.

Also, it would be fun if you could play the NT while singing opera!!! You'd have have the NT forum flooded by people asking what aria is most suited for dealing with specific classes: "Rossini's Barber of Seville" NT ownz others in bor pvp.

No more singing naked in the shower!!!!!
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuegen View Post
    shift+q is really just hitting q twice. I thought it would instantly switch but its just as delayed as pressing q twice... cept i have to use my pinkey.
    Not if you have people /assist'ing you it's not. It takes longer to register the Stop-Start mechanic with the server than the Shift-Target mechanic.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Shift-Q is swap to target without resetting attack bar.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    pandas doesnt have autoattack!
    "they" scraped that idea and gave them autoattack because it sucked without :-P

btt: awful idea. next please :-)
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Shift-Q is swap to target without resetting attack bar.
    double q does that too actually
    And Many More!

I am all for making AO combat more involved. So vice holding Q try this.

7 = attack head
    y = attack left shoulder
    u = attack chest
    i = attack right shoulder
    h = attack left arm
    j = attack legs
    k = attack right arm
    n = attack legs
    m = attack feet

The player has to select each attack location every attack. The damage is only adjusted by the AC of the location attacked. Things like Aim shot have to target head or chest. Full auto has to be center mass or chest otherwise the number of bullets is reduced by 50%. And so on.

Then in PVP catching the fool with Pen Glasses still on would be so awesome as they would have no AC in the head slot.

Yes this would be interactive. It would be a pain in the backside.

Or maybe FC can just add code that detects the app not being in the foreground and places your player in a paused state in which you cannot move/attack/take damage etc etc. Expand that code so that if auto afk goes off the app lowers itself to the background and causes said effects. You know in short, play like we want or don't play at all.

For all the whiners out there, UO went through this and started sending GM's to players that were their equiv of auto afk and if you did not respond to their chat request within 60 seconds they had a tool that forced your account to logout, removed all gains since the auto afk and set your account to jailed for 3 RL days. Game companies take this crap seriously. If FC is even looking at it (auto attack and pet hunt as examples) then I suspect they have numbers to indicate too many people for their liking are doing it and changes are coming.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Simply solution in that case would be afk=sat down and defenceless. Not in a safe place? You're at Reclaim. Welcome to the world of the Nanomage! Seriously though auto attack helps me handle multiple mob attacks while I'm trying to juggle looting, healing, you know playing the game? If I afk solo I'm in hiding. If I'm in a team I warn people and promise to watch over them while they afk for a bit. Get rid of auto and TOTW is going to be hellish to train to DOT in with my Advy and Enfo. Sorry but there it is. Annoying but I'll get over it.
    I'm a Froob Neutral Trade Skilling Nanomage Engineer- by definition I hide round corners and let the bot do the fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    I am all for making AO combat more involved. So vice holding Q try this.

7 = attack head
    y = attack left shoulder
    u = attack chest
    h = attack left arm
    j = attack legs
    k = attack right arm
    n = attack legs
    m = attack feet

The player has to select each attack location every attack. The damage is only adjusted by the AC of the location attacked. Things like Aim shot have to target head or chest. Full auto has to be center mass or chest otherwise the number of bullets is reduced by 50%. And so on.
    Reminds me of asheron's call, although a little more complex ;o
    And Many More!

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    7 = attack head
    y = attack left shoulder
    u = attack chest
    h = attack left arm
    j = attack legs
    k = attack right arm
    n = attack legs
    m = attack feet
    this and make enemys body parts glow/blink or whatever on semi random and hitting that part would be automatically crit!
    You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

You hit Tarasque with nanobots for 18280 points of melee damage.
    First shade with Blades of Boltar
    ---
    How much is enough?
    Member of Halinallet!

Epic....just plain epic
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

actually, shift+q does seem faster. Problem mustve been that I was using a macro key to press shift+q at once.
    And Many More!

"Can all the PvM cupcakes leave"

Perfect
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Sometimes at work i need to press enter ca. 10.000 times to load out a big assembly. I hotfix that by putting my watch on the enter button and then take my lunch.

I think i'll do the same with ao then. i'll play it when on lunchbreak
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Holding down Q to make regular hits strike would work around this, it could be macro'd around or something but oh well.

Thoughts?
    Worst idea ever.

Oh wait no... a Diablo-like clickfest would be worse :P
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I feel sorry for those who thought this was a genuine idea, I know it is dumb. I do not think removing pet hunt is very smart either, but I can understand how it can break the eula I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast